Pastor and mental health advocate dies by suicide šŸ˜„

• Thread starter CozHElivesIcanface2morrow
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Some people can be so quiet about their pain that we dont realize that they are hurting...that is why it is important to be kind always...show that you care...sometimes they don't need advice they just want somebody to listen to them...

https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...alth-advocate-jarrid-wilson-dies-suicide.html
It's easy for me to understand how someone in the mental health field can become so despondent dealing with pain and anguish more than joy and love every day. Knowing all of the while that no one gets out of life alive. It may look easier to end their personal struggles with life, permanently. Counselors and pastors need counseling too.

I have known two women who when they were girls, their mothers asked them do you love me? They were to busy getting ready for school to stop and comfort their moms. When they each, (separately mind you, decades and time zones apart) got home they discovered their mothers had committed suicide. :eek::cry: They still suffer the loss.

NEVER GET TO BUSY TO SHOW COMPASSION AND LOVE TO SOMEONE.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Iā€™m not judging, I just know that if I ever get severely depressed (again) I would not contemplate suicide. I didnā€™t the first time and wouldnā€™t if ever in that situation again. Iā€™d move far away to a totally different setting and start over. Suicide is not the answer. My heart goes out to such folks.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Top 11 Professions with Highest Suicide Rates - Mental ...
https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/01/06/top-11-professions-with-highest-suicide-rates
  • Author: GLOOM
    1. Medical Doctors. Odds: 1.87. Evidence suggests that doctors are approximately 1.87 times as ā€¦
    2. Dentists. Odds: 1.67. Most people donā€™t particularly enjoy going to the dentist, but most can tough ā€¦
    3. Police Officers. Odds: 1.54. When most people think of police officers, they think of upstanding ā€¦
    4. Veterinarians. Odds: 1.54. Those involved in the field of animal care as veterinarians seem to have ā€¦

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Some people can be so quiet about their pain that we dont realize that they are hurting...that is why it is important to be kind always...show that you care...sometimes they don't need advice they just want somebody to listen to them...

https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...alth-advocate-jarrid-wilson-dies-suicide.html
Yeah...just read this at Cbn. Thankfully one of the commentors made this far more depressing. "He gave up, cowards are the first to go to hell" he also took time to disparage youth pastors for not being ready for the harsh trails....glad theres sooo much love among our communities. Im seeing my therapist today....what a wonderful display of Christian compassion I saw today šŸ˜ž

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Yeah...just read this at Cbn. Thankfully one of the commentors made this far more depressing. "He gave up, cowards are the first to go to hell" he also took time to disparage youth pastors for not being ready for the harsh trails....glad theres sooo much love among our communities. Im seeing my therapist today....what a wonderful display of Christian compassion I saw today šŸ˜ž
We need to pray for the haters and those without compassion. I have worked in a suicide prevention ministry and comments like you quoted would have gotten him 86'd with a quickness. Suicide prevention is a very draining calling therefore not for the faint or hard hearted. Counselors need counseling too.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
. Suicide prevention is a very draining calling therefore not for the faint or hard hearted. Counselors need counseling too.
It's not for the stiff necked or people with only as seen on TV education. Mental illness is real, very real. Some may be demonic however after demons are cast out, they tend to leave a mess behind and try to return. The Lord warned us that they would return and bring 7 more with them.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Not everything is as it appears. Never place your confidence in men. Place your confidence only in Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yet another sad reminder of how American suicide rates have spiked in the last couple of decades.

The disturbing thing here is that Wilson had everything people say prevents suicide- faith, a calling, a wife, two children, a loving family, a home, a community, the necessities. There is something deeply wrong going on in this country and there are no easy answers.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
We need to pray for the haters and those without compassion. I have worked in a suicide prevention ministry and comments like you quoted would have gotten him 86'd with a quickness. Suicide prevention is a very draining calling therefore not for the faint or hard hearted. Counselors need counseling too.
I would look up the cbn article and see the comments its possible its gone as a few others where deleted. I feel better now that I saw my therapist but it definitely promoted a panic attack

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Man, CBN has taken quite a turn in the last few years. Back when I watched them, it was all feel-good healing stories, failed prophecies, and celebrity conversion.

Now they are saying cowards are first in line for Hell? Weird.

It's been 15 years though. Give or take.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Man, CBN has taken quite a turn in the last few years. Back when I watched them, it was all feel-good healing stories, failed prophecies, and celebrity conversion.

Now they are saying cowards are first in line for Hell? Weird.

It's been 15 years though. Give or take.
No this was the comments section still Cbn is pretty much like every other news now. It doesnt do alot of research when they are raged (anything on pop culture especially video games is legitimately hilarious) there is some good still but like everything it depends whos writing

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
:( "Before his death, he tweeted, ā€œLoving Jesus doesnā€™t always cure suicidal thoughts.ā€

That is so terribly sad. God have mercy and comfort everyone who grieves this tragic loss.
I think this a reminder for us all. If we notice our friends or family appear to be going through something but they're quiet about it, take the time to ask them directly, are you alright?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
God lift up their heads, and heal them from darkness and emptiness. Give life and joy to their bones. Amen.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Please always remember, you and whoever reads this if they struggle with anxiety or with depression, when it feels tough, we, your brothers and sisters need you here! You matter. And suicide heals nothing, actually leaves a huge gap as aftermath to everyone around and multiplies suffering... The people without compassion don't know better... actually... THEY need you here even more...!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
This young Pastor is from my home church Harvest Christian Center, just 5 miles up the street. If you go to Greg Laurie FB page, you will see Jarrid Wilson baptizing a young girl and smiling, the weekend before he did this Our church had a service for him with Rick Warren's wife, tonight, who had a son that committed suicide a few yrs back. It seemed he had it all, but his wife said he had been troubled himself. His wife said 'He's at peace now', Amen.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Ah. I see. This is why I try to avoid comment sections. Especially on You Tube.

CBN on video games. Hahahaha. I can only imagine.

No this was the comments section still Cbn is pretty much like every other news now. It doesnt do alot of research when they are raged (anything on pop culture especially video games is legitimately hilarious) there is some good still but like everything it depends whos writing

7seasrekeyed

7seasrekeyed

this 'going to hell' stuff from 'Christians' comes from people who have forgotten their own salvation and the fact that they have done nothing of note to enter heaven on their own