Pastor tells wives if they let themselves go, their husbands will look elsewhere

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GiveThanks

God Will Make A Way
Dec 6, 2020
If this pastor believes what he is preaching is biblical, then why did he seek counseling?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If this pastor believes what he is preaching is biblical, then why did he seek counseling?
1. What this pastor is saying is that wives should take could good care of themselves, and not become slobs. Nothing wrong with that.

2. Every husband and every wife wants to see their spouse looking their best. Nothing wrong with that.

3. Social media should be simply ignored. It is the lowest common denominator. In fact Christians should BOYCOTT all social media.

4. This man should have had the guts to stick to his stance and not be browbeaten into a leave of absence. This is more of the Cancel Culture at work.

5. Why does he need counseling, when even the Bible encourages wives to please their husbands?

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes. Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green. The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir. (Song of Solomon 1:15-17)

M

MoonCresta

1. What this pastor is saying is that wives should take could good care of themselves, and not become slobs. Nothing wrong with that.

2. Every husband and every wife wants to see their spouse looking their best. Nothing wrong with that.

3. Social media should be simply ignored. It is the lowest common denominator. In fact Christians should BOYCOTT all social media.

4. This man should have had the guts to stick to his stance and not be browbeaten into a leave of absence. This is more of the Cancel Culture at work.

5. Why does he need counseling, when even the Bible encourages wives to please their husbands?

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes. Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green. The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir. (Song of Solomon 1:15-17)

Ok - I didn't listen to the message, but I think I've seen enough. What he said about keeping yourself fit - yeah - but it works both ways. But in no way shape or form should he have mentioned that men will go looking elsewhere.

The men just might go elsewhere - doesn't make it right. Men should not do that - God joined them together and nothing should tear it asunder. (Short of spouse abuse). But by saying that in a pulpit, it's like he was giving the green light to adultry with the excuse, well she just wasn't the woman I married. Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong.

B

Blackpowderduelist

The pulpit is for preaching the word of God, not whatever we think is right or good or reasonable, or rational, but the word of God.

M

MoonCresta

Nehemiah: "3. Social media should be simply ignored. It is the lowest common denominator. In fact Christians should BOYCOTT all social media." "I agree. I along with a lot of others have not understood why someone with a lot of money and knowhow hasn't created a Facebook type medium without all of the political correctness.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Nehemiah: "3. Social media should be simply ignored. It is the lowest common denominator. In fact Christians should BOYCOTT all social media." "I agree. I along with a lot of others have not understood why someone with a lot of money and knowhow hasn't created a Facebook type medium without all of the political correctness.
There are alternative social medias.
But hey, you know, public media should be shut off too; tv, radio news is all garbage.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The pulpit is for preaching the word of God, not whatever we think is right or good or reasonable, or rational, but the word of God.
What if he had been preaching from Song of Solomon, which is also the Word of God? Of course it has a higher and spiritual application, but it is also about husbands and wives and physical intimacy.

K

kaylagrl

The idea here is that men are visual, women are not. Which is not true. Men may be more visual, but women aren't blind. And I'm pretty sure I'm seein' pretty full cups of man boobs there. He's a long way from the place where he can call anyone out on looks and weight. Someone needs to buy him a mirror, and a scale.

B

Blackpowderduelist

What if he had been preaching from Song of Solomon, which is also the Word of God? Of course it has a higher and spiritual application, but it is also about husbands and wives and physical intimacy.
Well he wasn't. Even If he were he is still way off the scripture.

B

Blackpowderduelist

I have no idea why we as the church tolerate preachers who don't preach the scripture.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Looks ain't everything, besides if you don't know what it's like to love a nice soft, snuggleable woman you probably should keep your opinion of what is good to your self.

K

kaylagrl

Looks ain't everything, besides if you don't know what it's like to love a nice soft, snuggleable woman you probably should keep your opinion of what is good to your self.

Sounds like something my husband would say. My sister is skin over bones. She's had a lot of marriage issues and she's about starving herself to keep her husbands attention. My husband says she looks ill and like a young boy, no shape. So sad, I can't seem to reach her. Beautiful girl, but killing herself to be perfect in every way.

K

kaylagrl

Well he wasn't. Even If he were he is still way off the scripture.
There are people who have had illness, car accidents, been burned. What then? Do you walk away from your spouse when they are no longer eye candy? I agree, this guy needs to stick to the book. I doubt he's saved any marriages.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
was this the same chubby pastor mentioned in a previous thread called Overweight preachers.
or the same hyporcrites who say women are not meant to gain weight ever are those same men who get women pregant in which...surprise...women do gain weight during pregnancy....

B

Blackpowderduelist

Sounds like something my husband would say. My sister is skin over bones. She's had a lot of marriage issues and she's about starving herself to keep her husbands attention. My husband says she looks ill and like a young boy, no shape. So sad, I can't seem to reach her. Beautiful girl, but killing herself to be perfect in every way.
My idea of a perfect woman, is a ragged worn out Bible, an easy smile, soft and sweet disposition, scared and callus hands, and a butt round as a halflinger horse.

Nothing like laying down in a field and resting your head on the soft belly of a full on woman, after a day of working.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Part of the problem is that we have allowed the homosexuals and pedophiles in hollywierd dictate to us what is beautiful.
There hasn't been a beautiful woman in a movie since probably the 50s.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Isn't this web site "social media"? :unsure:
I tend to think take media with a grain of salt is better. I personally left Facebook because they can bug off for my part. Bit I do think we need to consider who we find directly via adverrising promotion. So I don't watchain stream media. I think it's funny when people bring up to me the later plop from the news and I don't know nor care, they react so confounded.

K

kaylagrl

My idea of a perfect woman, is a ragged worn out Bible, an easy smile, soft and sweet disposition, scared and callus hands, and a butt round as a halflinger horse.

Nothing like laying down in a field and resting your head on the soft belly of a full on woman, after a day of working.

There you go. If every husband on here gave a description of what they found attractive in a woman you'd have all kinds of answers. It's an assumption on this pastors part to think every man wants a wife that looks like Melania Trump, lovely as she is. That's not everyone's ideal. The problem with these type of pastors is they never mention the husband that has gained a tire around his waist because he sits at home and watches sports rather than plays them. My husband is 6'3 and 220 or so depending on the time of year ( I bake a lot during the holidays). He loves food and I love cooking and baking but he won't let me bake all year because he says he gains weight too quickly. I like him at the weight he is, he's a big guy and I like that. He'll never be wearing skinny jeans and tight tops, that's not his build and I'm not attracted to that. I think this pastor is a little on the immature side. The longer people are married the less they focus on the shallow things like looks.

Mar 4, 2020
If men in his congregation are indeed struggling with the visual appearance of their wife and it's a "stumbling block" for them then it needs to be addressed somehow. He probably could have spoke to the issue with more tact and grace.

I think this video is not representative of how the Bible would approach the topic, but it brings to the surface a truth about people in society. Through media propaganda, people are conditioned to seek an ideal that is not necessarily inline with what reality presents. It makes a lot of confused, frustrated, and unsatisfied people when they don't get their storybook/fairy tale dream marriage.

I think what he said is probably how a lot of people think. People actually do want their spouse to look good. If the propaganda in entertainment and advertising is dividing the family unit through philosophy of appearance then it should be condemned not reinforced.