Pavlov's dogs

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I responded to tow threads, then realized I forgot to give a "reward". So I went back and gave a what ever... Then I realized it's like we are so like Pavlov's dogs.... lol I even look to see what kind of "reward" I got for my comment. Would you commit if there was no reward system? What do you think of the rewards? Do you feel like a dog getting it's reward?...lol....

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I don't see them as "rewards," rather as friends or members who may agree with the Post, or feel touched by it.

Sometimes I get a 2x4 upside the head...... :) Other times, my friends lift my spirits......

It's all good. We are told in Scripture to edify one another........and that's how I see them.

Question now is: Do I "like" your OP, or would that be kinda dopey now? Awww shoot.......

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I don't see them as "rewards," rather as friends or members who may agree with the Post, or feel touched by it.

Sometimes I get a 2x4 upside the head...... :) Other times, my friends lift my spirits......

It's all good. We are told in Scripture to edify one another........and that's how I see them.

Question now is: Do I "like" your OP, or would that be kinda dopey now? Awww shoot.......
lolo...lol...
I am going to give you a winner.... because I like it, or maybe it is an award.....???

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I'm just playing... I honestly give likes, winners, funny, and so on as I really see it. But it is what we do with people in real life, especially children, I wish I could hit enter on my key board for then too...lol...

Do you think we get people to conform like Pavlo's Dogs in "real life"?

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I responded to tow threads, then realized I forgot to give a "reward". So I went back and gave a what ever... Then I realized it's like we are so like Pavlov's dogs.... lol I even look to see what kind of "reward" I got for my comment. Would you commit if there was no reward system? What do you think of the rewards? Do you feel like a dog getting it's reward?...lol....
I do agree that there is a bit of an addiction to check back in to see if I (anyone) happens to have any new alerts...
However, I too do not necessarily see it as a reward system...
I see it more like a trend with social media in general - I tend to wanna stay abreast of topics of interest - to keep-up or contribute to the discussion - often intrigued to hear the contributions from several of our esteemed cc members. Kind of a self validation - often gratifying to know that my perspectives are not completely off-center or the sole-outlyer...
I think of it more like conversations around the office - some peak my interest and I may wanna weigh-in and contribute; while other conversations may not peak my interest...
In the case of CC - I'm often more interest if an individual is seeking advice or guidance thought that the responses provided to him/her are useful...

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I do agree that there is a bit of an addiction to check back in to see if I (anyone) happens to have any new alerts...
I see it more like a trend with social media in general - I tend to wanna stay abreast of topics of interest - to keep-up or contribute to the discussion - often intrigued to hear the contributions from several of our esteemed cc members. Kind of a self validation - often gratifying to know that my perspectives are not completely off-center or the sole-outlyer...
I think of it more like conversations around the office - some peak my interest and I may wanna weigh-in and contribute; while other conversations may not peak my interest...
In the case of CC - I'm often more interest if an individual is seeking advice or guidance thought that the responses provided to him/her are useful...
I agree with that assessment…

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I didn't "like" your post because I was afraid folks would accuse me of being addicted to likes! Yikes!

:)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
They say you reap what you sow...........hmm........

IF we sow likes does that mean we reap peeps?

elephant2.jpg

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I didn't "like" your post because I was afraid folks would accuse me of being addicted to likes! Yikes!

Funny, when I first read your response I thought you said that you "didn't like" my post, and that made me sad. But than I re read it and you were merely saying that you just didn't "like" my post, with a smile, and that made me laugh...
So that would indicate a psuedo Pavlov's dog positive or negative response from me to others response to my posts. 😂😉

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Those little thumbs up and smiles and ticks are nice because at lest you know someone has read your comment.. But really they are not necessary for me at lest.. I just like having the opportunity to share / give what i have to give and hope that someone may be helped along their Way to salvation by reading what i offered..

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I imagine that the apostle Paul would garner few likes on the board. Not many can tolerate sound doctrine in these last days.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Those little thumbs up and smiles and ticks are nice because at lest you know someone has read your comment.. But really they are not necessary for me at lest.. I just like having the opportunity to share / give what i have to give and hope that someone may be helped along their Way to salvation by reading what i offered..
Well, shoot, ok then...........I'll just quote your comment so you know I read it

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
oops............geeshhhh..........I meant