Pax Romana

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Can only be known by technology like today,for the saints to be able to know what is happening around the world.

Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Hated of all nations.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Gospel preached in all the world,to all nations.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The last kingdom shall devour the whole earth,and tread it down,and break it in pieces.

Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The beast has power over all nations,kindreds,and tongues,and all that dwell on earth shall worship him that are not with Jesus.

Luk 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
Luk 13:35 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jer 46:27 But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
Jer 46:28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rev 11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

God will send 2 witnesses to the nation of Israel,and turn them to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah,and restore the kingdom on earth to the Jews,where there will be no operating Gentile government,but only the nation of Israel.

The first attack on Israel because they rejected Christ,so God allowed the Roman Empire to scatter the Jews in to nations.

The second attack on Israel,because the accepted Christ,and the whole world will go against Israel,and God will save them,and restore the kingdom on earth to them.

Zec 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
Zec 12:2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

All the people of the earth shall be gathered together against Israel.

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isa 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

All nations against the Jews.God will punish the whole world for their iniquities against Him.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

No God or religious figure will be recognized but Jesus on earth.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
Zec 14:18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Everybody that God spared has to go to Jerusalem to worship the LORD,and keep the feast of tabernacles.

There is an attack on Jerusalem in the future that involves the whole world that does not love God,the time to bring Israel as a nation to the truth that Jesus is their Messiah,and cause all people that do not love Him to follow the beast kingdom,so He can end this sin business on earth.

Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

God will bring the whole house of Israel back to their land,which the man of sin will establish peace in the Middle East,and all Jews will go back to Israel,and the Gentile nations will come together,and say,Peace and safety,and God said when He brings them back to Israel He will not hide His face anymore from them,but His face is hid from them for the majority do not accept Jesus.

Israel is blinded in part,they accept the Old Covenant,but majority do not accept Jesus,until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in,salvation no longer available to the Gentiles,so all Israel shall be saved,and God will turn Israel to the truth,and physical Israel will become spiritual.

Nah 2:3 The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men are in scarlet: the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
Nah 2:4 The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.

Automobiles in the end time.

Isa 31:4 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
Isa 31:5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.

Jets,Israeli fighter pilots,won 6 day war,took control of Jerusalem.

Apr 23, 2017
i dont like preterism thats why its not true hahaaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2017
Unfortunately the "futurtists" have the timing of the day of the Lord all wrong:

Mal 4:5 “Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD.

Mark 9:13 “But I say to you that Elijah has indeed come, and they did to him whatever they wished, just as it is written of him.”

There are no further appearances of Elijah (other than at the transfiguration) in the bible, John as Elijah prophesied and warned the vipers of his generation about the wrath to come aka the "great and terrible day of the LORD"

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Peter stated that all of the prophets spoke of "these days", the days he was living in:

Act 3:24 And likewise, all the prophets who have spoken, from Samuel and his successors onward, also announced these days.

Joel and John as the prophet Elijah are included in the above "all the prophets", and Peter claimed the fulfillment of Joel's prophecies in his day(s)

Act 2:16 but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:

Act 2:17 ‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says, ‘THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

Act 2:18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.

Act 2:19 ‘AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW, BLOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE.

Act 2:20 ‘THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.
I will answer only one point in your post.
You quoted Mark 9:13 “But I say to you that Elijah has indeed come, and they did to him whatever they wished, just as it is written of him.”

This is not saying that the man Elijah came again. It is a reference to John the Baptist and his beheading. Look

Luke 1:17 (CJB)
[SUP]17 [/SUP]He will go out ahead of Adonai in the spirit and power of Eliyahu(Elihah) to turn the hearts of fathers to their children[SUP][a][/SUP] and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous, to make ready for Adonai a people prepared.”

John came anointed with the same spirit as Elihah was anointed with. Thus one can say as Jesus did. Elijah has come again.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I want to add some further thoughts on this Pax Roman - a bit of a recap from the opening post:

"In fact, the "Pax Romana" was broken by the First Jewish–Roman War."

Jesus said that satan was being bound during his ministry:

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

While the early disciples were suffering at the hands of the Jews, they were to a large degree being bound.

The man of sin as a main minion of satan was also being restrained during this period:

2 Thess 2:6 And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

We see in Revelation that satan is loosed (and that would include his minions):

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison.

I think there is good reason to believe that this was the start of the Jewish/Roman war of 66-70 AD where the Roman armies and confederates are spiritually called Gog and Magog:

Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Last edited:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Isa 2:19 KJV And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

There can be no doubt that the scene in the book of revelation is alluding directly to Jesus' prophecy of the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in the 1st century AD
True enough. However, Luke did not exactly place all the events in chronological sequence (and there are many instances in the Gospels where certain evangelists do not follow chronology strictly).

So Luke's mention of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans should have really been in the same sequence as that of Matthew, which is BEFORE Christ began the Olivet Discourse, which was preceded by a discussion of the beauty of the temple and its buildings (Mt 24:1,2): And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

So it's a good thing that you quoted Isaiah 2:19, which thoroughly refutes the Preterist position that everything in this discourse was fulfilled by 70 AD. Did you note "when He ariseth to shake terribly the earth"? That happens AFTER the Great Tribulation (which has not occurred as yet) and refers to the catclysmic cosmic events which will take place (Mt 24:29; Mk 13:24,25; Lk 21:25,26; Rev 6:12-17):

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:...

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken...

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken...

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The 6th and 7th seals of Revelation are yet future. Therefore the Futurists have interpreted Scripture correctly.