Pentecost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I know, i repleyd to CS1, who said everyone who is baptised with the Holy Spirit get the gift of speaking in tongues.

You really need to stop lying. You can't show me where I said such a thing.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Indeed when we think of a good father a loving father he’s going to teach his children about right and wrong and explain the results of both courses of action

He’s going to tell them this

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

( and this )

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life;

and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24-25, 28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

i imagine if God didn’t warn mankind it would then be his fault we end up where we don’t want to be but in the other hand of we turn and hear his voice he’s telling us we will never be condemned

imagine a father who just never told thier kids they we’re headed down the wrong path to turn around even though he knew it . That’s not our father in heaven he speaks truth and bids us to believe and live like any good father is going but set thier children up for success fully informed
God has certainly done His part to keep us fully informed about the abundant life available to us through Jesus Christ and the gospel He proclaimed. We are without excuse, and our experimentations in alternative lifestyles contrary to God's has been a disaster overall.

The gospel life is so simple - belief and acceptance of Jesus as our Lord and Savior and following His commandments by the power of the Holy Spirit living a life of faith and proclaiming the gospel - yet we make it so complicated when we stray from the plain truth our God has given us in His Word: Jesus and the Holy Bible.

I was thinking about this thread related to Pentecost and how rich the history is of this Holy Day that dates back to the time of Moses. I found a really interesting article at the site below:

The Jewish Roots of the Feast of Pentecost - Jews for Jesus

Not only did this feast have ties to the early harvest in Israel; it also is tied to the day God gave Moses the law. I'm not sure why the church changed the calculation for when Pentecost is celebrated 7 weeks after Easter versus the calculation provided by God in Leviticus 23: 15-16, but there is controversy on when the Feast should be observed applying the calculation in Leviticus with the Hebrew lunar calendar:

2024 Dates for Shavout (Jewish)/Pentecost (Christian)

-May 19 (Christian observance of Pentecost)

-June 16 by one Hebrew calendar posted on Hebrew Calendar 2024 (Biblical Feast Days) - The Clear Truth

-June 11 - June 13 are the official Jewish days the Feast is celebrated this year

Whatever the case, Pentecost is an important day to remember because that is the day the Holy Spirit was sent to the Church. What struck me this year is how Shavout (aka. Feast of Weeks) commemorates the giving of the law (the letter of the law) and Pentecost commemorates the giving of the Holy Spirit (the spirit of the law). The law is no longer an outward expression. Christ's law is written in our hearts through the power of the Holy Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:3

New King James Version

3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.

Feb 15, 2014
Are you trying to create another false narrative?
Acts 8 Hmm, lets read it, shall we: Remember the thread is about the empowering of the Holy Spirit to be a witness

I am so glad you asked about Acts 8 I have been waiting for you to do so. Yet most who argue that tongues is not fortoday don't go there LOL. Lets look shall at Acts 8

8 And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

8 And there was great joy in that city.

9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Jerusalem and preached the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans.

After the apostles laid hands on the believers, what did Simon see that he wanted to buy with money?

The same thing happened at every other time mentioned in Scripture; they must have spoken in Tongues and prophesied.

Verse 15-15 say they have NOT received the Holy Spirit even though Philp preached Jesus and they were baptized. It says they were (believers) saved. Why did they need the Apostles to lay hands on these new believers in Christ?

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Oops, two things here: they were baptized and saved but not yet had the Holy Spirit come upon them.

Oneness is flipping out; it just blew their doctrine out of the water. They were water-baptized. Why should they need anything else ?

Thank You, wolfwint. You proved what the word of God says and confirmed this Thread.

I was waiting for you to mention Acts 8 because I know you don't know the word of God.

You just troll and hate those who do and can't admit when you are wrong :) Try answering my questions if you can:

1. What did Simon see that he wanted to buy with money?
  2. Why did they need the Apostles to lay hands on these new believers in Christ?
  3. They were water-baptized. Why should they need anything else?
You know, believe what you want. You cant convince me that your teaching is right.
Acts 8 proves it.
To Number 2. I often enough gave you the answer for your question. But you just ignore it.
You are not the first who give the word of God the meaning you want. Thats your buisseness. Sad.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You know, believe what you want. You cant convince me that your teaching is right.
Acts 8 proves it.
To Number 2. I often enough gave you the answer for your question. But you just ignore it.
You are not the first who give the word of God the meaning you want. Thats your buisseness. Sad.

As I have repeatedly told you, I couldn't care less if you were convinced. You are incapable of answering people's questions concerning the word of God.

And I am not trying to prove myself right and you wrong; that is YOUR Issue, not mine:)

Answer all of my questions, and if you have to do it again, Lord knows how many other threads you have trolled. I have given you the answers you asked; now, do so or move on. You want to be personal and immature with your bloviating.

Answer the qestions

2. Why did they need the Apostles to lay hands on these new believers in Christ?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Then read your post 102 again! What other I should conclude from your post?

Here is 102 Post below :

You have told many things but never showed how it can be in the word of God.

You keep saying man-made teaching, LOL. You don't know the word doctrine means teaching, LOL.

You can't even show what verse you say is out of context and many of us have asked you to do you just keep bloviating.

(Still waiting for you to show me the verse out of context?)

In the Book of Acts each time the manifestation of those who received the empowering of the Holy Spirit

What happens? Tell me, what was the supernatural reaction of people who received Supernatural power from God?

Acts:
2:4
10:45–46
19:6

Please explain what was the context of these verses being you know them.

Please provide Biblical Context to each of them. If you can, I will wait.

YOu assumed and you did not answer. Yes read 102

CS1

May 23, 2012
you say read 102 but refused to keep in context where the discussion came to be before that 102. LOL That's dishonesty.

Remember, if you can, This thread was not about tongues. You trolled that into my Thread because that's what rolls do.

Read post 1#

Today is Pentacost Sunday. 50 days after the Resurrection of Our Lord, 10 days after his ascension, the Power of the Holy Spirit came upon the 120. Acts chapter 2.

Jesus said you will receive Power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you to be a witness.

Now, the word "Witness" there in Greek is Martyr.
But I would like to focus on the part about what it means to be a Witness and why they need power.

Jesus said you shall receive Power to be an effective witness of HIM Acts 1:8 . What are we witnessing?

Well, it is the Resurrection of Christ.

The Gospel message is and has always been; according to 1 Cor 15:3-4, the gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Apostles were killed because they would not deny That Jesus rose from the dead.

The power of the Holy Spirit gave them the ability to bear witness Jesus was alive because no other miracle was done without that name. Confirming by the power of God, Jesus was alive and who he said HE is Lord.

Acts 4:33
33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

This same Jesus, who is alive today, is still empowering his People for effective witnessing and still confirming that HE is alive with HIS word, signs, and Wonders.

Mark 16:15-18

15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

This all started after the day of Pentacost. Luke chapter 24 says :44-49

44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

46Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things.

49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”

The waiting is over. He is Here for you, Our Lord. Ask Him to Baptize you in the Holy Spirit and power. As John chapter 1 states, He is the One who baptized the Holy Ghost and fire.

Dear Lord, empower your people as we need you to be an effective witness of your death, burial, and Resurrection. We seek you and not the gifts but the gifts to be used to glorify you. We seek to do the work you called us to do. But apart from you, we can do nothing. Baptize me, Lord, with the Holy Spirit and empower me to be a witness of you and your resurrection. In Jesus' name, I pray, amen.

CS1

May 23, 2012
and I said in Post 15

"I provided the text and passages to support the understanding that the empowering of the Holy Spirit is not for Tongues, healing, or prophesying.

It is to be a witness, as Jesus said, and what are we witnessing to?"

You're so dishonest. and a troll.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Judge me like you want. Its not me who shows me what is right and what not.
And I have this since I became a believer.
not judging you I am telling you the truth, and you know because you can discern it. LOL :)

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
God has certainly done His part to keep us fully informed about the abundant life available to us through Jesus Christ and the gospel He proclaimed. We are without excuse, and our experimentations in alternative lifestyles contrary to God's has been a disaster overall.

The gospel life is so simple - belief and acceptance of Jesus as our Lord and Savior and following His commandments by the power of the Holy Spirit living a life of faith and proclaiming the gospel - yet we make it so complicated when we stray from the plain truth our God has given us in His Word: Jesus and the Holy Bible.

I was thinking about this thread related to Pentecost and how rich the history is of this Holy Day that dates back to the time of Moses. I found a really interesting article at the site below:

The Jewish Roots of the Feast of Pentecost - Jews for Jesus

Not only did this feast have ties to the early harvest in Israel; it also is tied to the day God gave Moses the law. I'm not sure why the church changed the calculation for when Pentecost is celebrated 7 weeks after Easter versus the calculation provided by God in Leviticus 23: 15-16, but there is controversy on when the Feast should be observed applying the calculation in Leviticus with the Hebrew lunar calendar:

2024 Dates for Shavout (Jewish)/Pentecost (Christian)

-May 19 (Christian observance of Pentecost)

-June 16 by one Hebrew calendar posted on Hebrew Calendar 2024 (Biblical Feast Days) - The Clear Truth

-June 11 - June 13 are the official Jewish days the Feast is celebrated this year

Whatever the case, Pentecost is an important day to remember because that is the day the Holy Spirit was sent to the Church. What struck me this year is how Shavout (aka. Feast of Weeks) commemorates the giving of the law (the letter of the law) and Pentecost commemorates the giving of the Holy Spirit (the spirit of the law). The law is no longer an outward expression. Christ's law is written in our hearts through the power of the Holy Spirit:

2 Corinthians 3:3

New King James Version

3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart.
Indeed what I’ve found that the gospel offers is assurance of salvation if we stick with Jesus and lack of hope if we reject him ultimately he teaches that if we accept his word , his word will quicken us , restore the active life within us that is dormant.

somehow over time man has reverted to trying to read a single verse and understand

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh;

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But if instead we start with Jesus language in the gospel and follow it’s theme so this theme of the spirit and the flesh that began on genesis after mans corruption and fall from grace

“And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭6:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It is the spirit that quickeneth;

the flesh profiteth nothing:

the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If we have heard this n the gospel then this stuff makes sense and isn’t a mystery

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free

from the law of sin and death.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:5-6, 9, 11-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

But if I don’t understand what Jesus explained regarding the spirit in the gospel and how it is greater than the flesh regarding what he the lord said that gives life then Paul’s doctrine becomes single verses that have no real meaning

this is truly evident in the modern church

“And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what’s interesting is many will explain pauls letters teach grace means you can’t possibly my be misled God won’t let it happen because it’s all just his Will so it removes all of the warnings in Paul’s letters meant to be accepted and things like what Peter just said become invisable and meaningless “ we’re already saved puals letters can’t be used and distorted to lean anyone astray ect ect

It’s repetetive in the world God speaks , man hears him , Satan comes along and whispers alternatives to what he said , man follows the lie . It’s like a loop

Sep 4, 2013
boy you must be bored

the start of a new covenant between God and believers and you put this

Christians in this country (and others) need to wake the hee hah up!
Boy, you must enjoy the various comments made regarding the posters here. The "personal" comments, not the Scriptural content. As for me, over the last decade, I've seen this subject play out more times than I can count.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
This thread is about the event that happened that was recorded in the Book of Acts chapter 2. Jesus said in Acts 1:8 You shall receive power after the Holy Ghost comes upon you, and you shall be my witnesses.
As I recall, I received the "Baptism in the Holy Spirit" (to use AG vernacular) in October back in '73. And personally I couldn't care less about "Special Sundays" or "Church traditions" anyway. The Charismatic Outpouring pretty much flushed all that foolishness years ago.

Because He is already here and has not stopped pouring out HIS Spirit. There is no waiting; there is no tarrying.
Exactly!!! I was prayed for at the FGBMFI on a Saturday night, and began to speak in tongues about 3 weeks later. I do remember the old "Tarrying / head rubbing / priming the pump" foolishness though that the AG used to go through. The BIG EFFECT was being immediately propelled into intense Bible Teaching for the next decade in home groups, and Sunday schools (and being moved OUT of the AG into the United Church of Christ of all things)!!!

Feb 15, 2014
and I said in Post 15

"I provided the text and passages to support the understanding that the empowering of the Holy Spirit is not for Tongues, healing, or prophesying.

It is to be a witness, as Jesus said, and what are we witnessing to?"

You're so dishonest. and a troll.
Thank you,
Again if you can ??????

In the Book of Acts each time the manifestation of those who received the empowering of the Holy Spirit

What happens? Tell me, what was the supernatural reaction of people who received Supernatural power from God?

Acts:
2:4
10:45–46
19:6

Please explain what was the context of these verses being you know them.
I gave you reply, but you simply disagreed with it ore gave a sleeping Button, instead of answering my post.
I am ask for forgivness if I interprete your view false.
Yes, you wrote in your post that you dont mean that you mean speeking in tongues, healing ore prophecie.
But the answer you expect is what: that the sign of this supernatuell power of God is speaking in tongues. This occurs in Acts 2, 10 and 19 along with praising God.
( by the way these are the basic verses from the carismatic and pentecostal movements. Without them they they have no fundation for there believesystem.)
You did not mention Acts 8 ( this i suggest), because speaking in tongues is not mention there.

If I am not wrong you use Acts 2, 10 and 19 as supernaturell power for a Christian to be a witness for God.
So what is then with all the Christians who got not this "supernaturell" power?
Did they have the Holy Spirit?
I know personly only non charismatic and non pentecostal Christians. They all giving witness from that what God does in their life.

1.All right here is the context of Acts 2,4
Read Acts 2, 1 - 13 and 14 - 40
This was prophesied from Jesus and is a witness for the jews.
Note:Toungues of fire is only here mentioned

2.Context of Acts 10, 45-46
God had to prepare Peter first and showed him the Vision with the comon and unclean animals Acts 10, 9-16
Vers 45 gives the reason for this event.
✝ Acts 10:45

"And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost."

It is the sign for the jews, that Holy Spirit (gospel) is also given for the gentiles.

3. The context of Acts 19,6

Read Acts 19, 1- 7 These 12 men knew only the preachings of John the Baptist and were baptist supposly from John the Baptist.
This event shows that they need the Holy Spirit and the Gospel.
So this event is a sign for the disciples from John the Baptist.

4 An event which you not mentioned is Acts
For that you should read Acts 8, 12- 17
The samaritians were not recogniced from the jews as hsving the same faith.
They were simply baptised after the preach of philip.
So John and Peter were sent as authorities. And they saw that the Holy Spirit is also for the samaritians.

So this event was a sign for the jews, that the gospel is also for the samaritians.

With Jews, Gentiles, samaritians and disciples of John you have include all mankind.
Thats why this 4 events were written down to theophilus.

But not for to split christianity.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Thank you,

I gave you reply, but you simply disagreed with it ore gave a sleeping Button, instead of answering my post.
I am ask for forgivness if I interprete your view false.
Yes, you wrote in your post that you dont mean that you mean speeking in tongues, healing ore prophecies.
But the answer you expect is what: that the sign of this supernatuell power of God is speaking in tongues. This occurs in Acts 2, 10 and 19 along with praising God.
( by the way these are the basic verses from the carismatic and pentecostal movements. Without them they they have no fundation for there believesystem.)
You did not mention Acts 8 ( this i suggest), because speaking in tongues is not mention there.

If I am not wrong you use Acts 2, 10 and 19 as supernaturell power for a Christian to be a witness for God.
So what is then with all the Christians who got not this "supernaturell" power?
Did they have the Holy Spirit?
I know personly only non charismatic and non pentecostal Christians. They all giving witness from that what God does in their life.

1.All right here is the context of Acts 2,4
Read Acts 2, 1 - 13 and 14 - 40
This was prophesied from Jesus and is a witness for the jews.
Note:Toungues of fire is only here mentioned

2.Context of Acts 10, 45-46
God had to prepare Peter first and showed him the Vision with the comon and unclean animals Acts 10, 9-16
Vers 45 gives the reason for this event.
✝ Acts 10:45

"And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost."

It is the sign for the jews, that Holy Spirit (gospel) is also given for the gentiles.

3. The context of Acts 19,6

Read Acts 19, 1- 7 These 12 men knew only the preachings of John the Baptist and were baptist supposly from John the Baptist.
This event shows that they need the Holy Spirit and the Gospel.
So this event is a sign for the disciples from John the Baptist.

4 An event which you not mentioned is Acts
For that you should read Acts 8, 12- 17
The samaritians were not recogniced from the jews as hsving the same faith.
They were simply baptised after the preach of philip.
So John and Peter were sent as authorities. And they saw that the Holy Spirit is also for the samaritians.

So this event was a sign for the jews, that the gospel is also for the samaritians.

With Jews, Gentiles, samaritians and disciples of John you have include all mankind.
Thats why this 4 events were written down to theophilus.

But not for to split christianity.
again you are not following what I said you are innerjecting a false narrative :

"Yes, you wrote in your post that you dont mean that you mean speeking in tongues, healing ore prophecies.
But the answer you expect is what: that the sign of this supernatuell power of God is speaking in tongues. "

No, it is not. You assumed that, and you failed to remember the context of Tongues and what you interjected into this threat with your own post. My answer about tongues was not as you suggested but to clarify the flawed and false narrative you brought with you to my Thread. All can see that my comments of tongues were not as you are trying to claim but were in direct context to your unbiblical assertions.

"But the answer you expect is what: that the sign of this supernatuell power of God is speaking in tongues. "

No, it was not ! You need to stop lying.

Post 1#
Read post 1#

Today is Pentacost Sunday. 50 days after the Resurrection of Our Lord, 10 days after his ascension, the Power of the Holy Spirit came upon the 120. Acts chapter 2.

Jesus said you will receive Power after the Holy Ghost has come upon you to be a witness.

But I would like to focus on the part about what it means to be a Witness and why they need power.

Jesus said you shall receive Power to be an effective witness of HIM Acts 1:8 . What are we witnessing?

The Gospel message is and has always been; according to 1 Cor 15:3-4, the gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Apostles were killed because they would not deny That Jesus rose from the dead.

The power of the Holy Spirit gave them the ability to bear witness Jesus was alive because no other miracle was done without that name. Confirming by the power of God, Jesus was alive and who he said HE is Lord.

33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.

This same Jesus, who is alive today, is still empowering his People for effective witnessing and still confirming that HE is alive with HIS word, signs, and Wonders.

As I have repeatedly told you, I couldn't care less if you were convinced. You are incapable of answering people's questions concerning the word of God.

And I am not trying to prove myself right and you wrong; that is YOUR Issue, not mine:)

Answer all of my questions, and if you have to do it again, Lord knows how many other threads you have trolled. I have given you the answers you asked; now, do so or move on. You want to be personal and immature with your bloviating.

Answer the questions

Feb 15, 2014
again you are not following what I said you are innerjecting a false narrative :

"Yes, you wrote in your post that you dont mean that you mean speeking in tongues, healing ore prophecies.
But the answer you expect is what: that the sign of this supernatuell power of God is speaking in tongues. "

No, it is not. You assumed that, and you failed to remember the context of Tongues and what you interjected into this threat with your own post. My answer about tongues was not as you suggested but to clarify the flawed and false narrative you brought with you to my Thread. All can see that my comments of tongues were not as you are trying to claim but were in direct context to your unbiblical assertions.

"But the answer you expect is what: that the sign of this supernatuell power of God is speaking in tongues. "

Post 1#
Read post 1#

Answer the questions

Realy, I should answer your questions while you my ignore?

Feb 15, 2014

Post 1#
Read post 1#

Answer the questions

We should stop our conversation. It brings nothing, out of wasting time.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Sure thing. It is never a waste of my time, to tell the truth. I should not cast my pearls, either. Have a good day.