Pentecostals and others claiming "second experiences"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
So you suggest that biblical wisdom is apart from intellect? Please try to thjnk about what you are saying. It appears that you have neglected your study of Gods word.

The Holy Spirit is not teaching you things that are not in the word of God. You are far more mystic than biblical Christian.

For the cause of Chrst
Roger
Paul spent many years unlearning what he learned at the feet of Gamaliel.

“ it seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us”.....remember this phrase? You would call this mysticism. Perhaps it is. Revelation, rhema Word, the Sword of the Spirit is that which is from His mouth. For the moment of necessity.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Something I learned many years ago.

When a prophet comes to your church, there may come a division because in speaking strong truth against the spirit of religion tears down in order to build correctly.

Not claiming to be in the office of prophet now, but when the men came to the forum, things began to change.

Now I see it first hand.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
And can if you ask. Keep on knocking.
Since Paul said that he would rather speak 5 intelligible words of prophecy than 10,000 words of tongues, that speaks for itself.

This whole business of tongues has been blown out of proportion, and if Paul were back on earth, he would be the first one to say that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Yours is a prime example of sloppy work. Where did I ever say tongues ceased? Maybe that was an assumption on your part?
The Holy Spirit's role is to point to Jesus...not Himself.
Miracles Wonders and signs were the mark of authenticity before the Scriptures were compiled. Now the Word authenticates itself.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Which so-called *prophets* came to the forum, and what did they prophesy?
Prophets were enabled and facilitated in the early church in a specific way for a limited time. They were and are no longer needed as the full revelation of Scripture has been codified.

Anybody claiming to be a prophet nowadays is a nutter deceiver or heretic.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Note the distinction between "spirit-filled people" and those who are not. Again, we see the divide being expressed in the words of individuals who are claiming I am misrepresenting the elitism of charismatics/Pentecostals.
"elitism of charismatics/Pentecostals"

Pretty much this.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Anybody claiming to be a prophet nowadays is a nutter deceiver or heretic
Writes the person who has no experience or knowledge whatsoever of the voice gifts of the Holy Spirit that still operate in a
Pentecostal meeting in full accord with 1Corinthians 14.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Writes the person who has no experience or knowledge whatsoever of the voice gifts of the Holy Spirit that still operate in a
What you then do with prophets which words come not true?
You cant deny that the situation in the church of Pauls days and today is different. The corinthians f.e. had no bible. They were much more depend on people which lead them in the word. Today we need the Holy Spirit of course to open us the scripture. But we have today the bible to read.

Which church practised this between the apostolic time and 1900?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Which so-called *prophets* came to the forum, and what did they prophesy?
What you thought I said.

When a prophet comes to your church, there may come a division because in speaking strong truth against the spirit of religion tears down in order to build correctly.

What I said.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I can understand this for a time....but why never? I can’t.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I write poems prophetically. And there are a few others here who do too.

If we say, it wasn’t of us but the Lord, then we get accused of bragging.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Since Paul said that he would rather speak 5 intelligible words of prophecy than 10,000 words of tongues, that speaks for itself.

This whole business of tongues has been blown out of proportion, and if Paul were back on earth, he would be the first one to say that.
In the Spirit of truth....Paul was saying that to speak in tongues as a message to the church without an interpreter is of no value. This method of giving a word is less than the gift of prophecy which is speaking a word of edification, comfort, exhortation in the native language. It’s the greater gift for this reason, but also takes more faith to step out this way than to speak in tongues. This is the gift of tongues by the way, not used as our prayer language here.

1Co 14:4 The person who speaks in another language builds himself up, but the person who prophesies builds up the church.

1Co 14:5 Now I wish that all of you could speak in other languages, but especially that you could prophesy. The person who prophesies is more important than the person who speaks in another language, unless he interprets it so that the church may be built up.

1Co 14:6 Indeed, brothers, if I come to you speaking in other languages, what good will I be to you unless I speak to you in some revelation, knowledge, prophecy, or teaching?

1Co 14:21 In the Law it is written, "By means of other languages and through the mouths of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," declares the Lord.

Isaiah 28, which is what started this whole discussion in 2 threads. The result of not heeding is precept by precept, rule by rule, here a little, there a little.

Soulweaver said this was his favorite verse in the OT. This is not what we should desire.

The sabbath rest of Jesus that He sent to His body on earth is the Spirit. We rest from our labor of trying to obey law, rule upon rule, and being filled with Gods Spirit, we are led by communion with Him, and obedience of faith.

I could say much more about the sabbath rest but is not the topic per se.

Nehemiah, I do believe I owe you an apology. When I lol at your statement “act like a Christian” it struck me as funny. I was not making fun of you. All kinds of things came to my mind. Funny things. For this I am truly sorry.

Dec 12, 2013
Yours is a prime example of sloppy work. Where did I ever say tongues ceased? Maybe that was an assumption on your part?
The Holy Spirit's role is to point to Jesus...not Himself.
AMEN.......HOWBEIT when the SPIRIT of truth is COME he will not SPEAK of HIMSELF......

ANY religion that makes more to do of the Spirit than Christ is not being led of the Spirit..........the Holy Spirit POINTS TO CHRIST, not ITSELF!!!!!!!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Paul spent many years unlearning what he learned at the feet of Gamaliel.

“ it seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us”.....remember this phrase? You would call this mysticism. Perhaps it is. Revelation, rhema Word, the Sword of the Spirit is that which is from His mouth. For the moment of necessity.
Wow you have no regard for the word of God. You take a fragment of a verse and by pretext create a false narrative. Very bad and shameful thing to do.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
AMEN.......HOWBEIT when the SPIRIT of truth is COME he will not SPEAK of HIMSELF......

ANY religion that makes more to do of the Spirit than Christ is not being led of the Spirit..........the Holy Spirit POINTS TO CHRIST, not ITSELF!!!!!!!
You do know dc that Christ is the anointed One, full of Holy Spirit. His name is Jesus or more exact, Yeshua.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Wow you have no regard for the word of God. You take a fragment of a verse and by pretext create a false narrative. Very bad and shameful thing to do.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
How so? It’s was Holy Spirit that warned Paul of what was in store for him if he left.

They made much more of Holy Spirit than we do today.

He is as real as if Jesus was standing in our midst. We should be seeking Him in all decisions.

It’s not me Roger, that has little regard for what is written. Your fingers curl right back at you.

And I think now you should just be ignored.

Dec 12, 2013
You do know dc that Christ is the anointed One, full of Holy Spirit. His name is Jesus or more exact, Yeshua.
And you know what I said is scripturally factual and truthful....and YOU KNOW that the SPIRIT is THE TRUTH.....wake up Stones....I will not do the same ole dance with you again....the SPIRIT/THE TRUTH POINTS to and SPEAKS OF JESUS.......take it or leave it!!

dcontroversal said: