Pentecostals and others claiming "second experiences"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Writes the person who has no experience or knowledge whatsoever of the voice gifts of the Holy Spirit that still operate in a
Pentecostal meeting in full accord with 1Corinthians 14.
Full accord all aboard as signs accounted for?

No such thing as "sign gift" the two words are not found working together to create one thought . Spiritual gifts not seen yes (can't see a spirit) We walk by faith the unseen not after signs seen . Jesus says its a evil generation (natural unconverted man that does seek after the things seen as some sort of evidence of something? Like they received their reward for making a noise.

What are some of the voices of this unknown voice gift. Voice lessons? . Where can we find the foundation of the doctrine or is that of a unknown tongue.

1Corinthians 14:22 23 the law of what the sign confirms . What does the sign confirm?

In the law (Isaiah 28) it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying / tongues) serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.1Corinthians 14:21- 22

What does the sign confirm Waggles.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
What does the sign confirm Waggles.
2 For he that speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men, but unto God: for no man understands him;
howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesies than he that speaks
with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serves not for
them that believe not, but for them which believe.
24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believes not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that
God is in you of a truth.
1Corinthians 14:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
And you know what I said is scripturally factual and truthful....and YOU KNOW that the SPIRIT is THE TRUTH.....wake up Stones....I will not do the same ole dance with you again....the SPIRIT/THE TRUTH POINTS to and SPEAKS OF JESUS.......take it or leave it!!

dcontroversal said:
AMEN.......HOWBEIT when the SPIRIT of truth is COME he will not SPEAK of HIMSELF......

ANY religion that makes more to do of the Spirit than Christ is not being led of the Spirit..........the Holy Spirit POINTS TO CHRIST, not ITSELF!!!!!!!
How many religions do you see in Christianity DC. I see only one body of Christ.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
And you know what I said is scripturally factual and truthful....and YOU KNOW that the SPIRIT is THE TRUTH.....wake up Stones....I will not do the same ole dance with you again....the SPIRIT/THE TRUTH POINTS to and SPEAKS OF JESUS.......take it or leave it!!

dcontroversal said:
AMEN.......HOWBEIT when the SPIRIT of truth is COME he will not SPEAK of HIMSELF......

ANY religion that makes more to do of the Spirit than Christ is not being led of the Spirit..........the Holy Spirit POINTS TO CHRIST, not ITSELF!!!!!!!

Holy Spirit points to anointing. This is what you are saying. That’s my point.

However, I don’t differ that He reveals Jesus. But, He also teaches who we are in Him. Something you are big on teaching. He teaches what we need to know.

So you are disturbed because I said what Christ means? I don’t understand why we think Christ is His name?

Dec 12, 2013
How many religions do you see in Christianity DC. I see only one body of Christ.
Could care less Stones.....ANY religion, group, so called church, assembly person, people that make more to do of the SPIRIT are not being led of GOD..THE SPIRIT points to and SPEAKS OF JESUS not the HOLY SPIRIT...end of story!

dcontroversal said:

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Also, I don’t recall ever discussing this with you before. So dance away..

Dec 12, 2013
Holy Spirit points to anointing. This is what you are saying. That’s my point.

However, I don’t differ that He reveals Jesus. But, He also teaches who we are in Him. Something you are big on teaching. He teaches what we need to know.

So you are disturbed because I said what Christ means? I don’t understand why we think Christ is His name?
You do understand the definite article "THE" right? <---God inspired that word....he is called JESUS THE CHRIST

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Could care less Stones.....ANY religion, group, so called church, assembly person, people that make more to do of the SPIRIT are not being led of GOD..THE SPIRIT points to and SPEAKS OF JESUS not the HOLY SPIRIT...end of story!

dcontroversal said:

Then by what agent do you have authority to speak on not by works DC? If not Holy Spirit revealing this?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
You do understand the definite article "THE" right? <---God inspired that word....he is called JESUS THE CHRIST

Oh, DC...in English yes. But, Yeshua ha Meschiah is Jesus the Messiah. Messiah is what He is. Same as Christ.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Never said I disregard it completely. But my enjoyment is the allegorical. And I’m not the only one.

Plus it’s an accepted way of interpretation with Israel. And Paul.

And Jesus. Parables.

Mar 28, 2016
2 For he that speaks in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men, but unto God: for no man understands him;
howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesies than he that speaks
with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serves not for
them that believe not, but for them which believe.
24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believes not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that
God is in you of a truth.
1Corinthians 14:

What does the sign confirm according to verses 21 and 22 Waggles? Is it in respect to those who believe and do not add a oral tradition of men like making a noise without meaning?

Are tongues prophecy spoken in all the languages of the world ?

It seems you forgot the the prior verse (21) which establishes it as a law not subject to change. . . as the foundation of the teaching

1 Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord .

They have their own agenda>... seek after a sign as a wonderment self edification fall backward when finished.

Isaiah 28: 9-14 EVR The people say, “Who does he think he is trying to teach and explain his message to? Does he think we are babies who were at their mother’s breast only a very short time ago? He speaks to us as though we were babies:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

So God will use this strange way of talking, and he will use other languages to speak to
these people.

In the past he spoke to them and said, “Here is a resting place. Let those who are tired come and rest. This is the place of peace.”

But they would not listen to him. So the Lord’s words will be senseless sounds to them:

“Saw lasaw saw lasaw.
Qaw laqaw qaw laqaw.
Ze’er sham ze’er sham.”

When the people try to walk, they
will fall backwards. They will be defeated, trapped, and captured.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
What does the sign confirm according to verses 21 and 22 Waggles? Is it in respect to those who believe and do not add a oral tradition of men like making a noise without meaning?
You just make this stuff up as you go along.
You have absolutely no idea and no insight as to what 1Corinthians 14 is about.
Fortunately I do and experience the truth and purpose of 1Corinthians 14 at every Sunday meeting when after the communion
the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit are operated.
Exactly the same as the churches that the epistles are written to.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
How so? It’s was Holy Spirit that warned Paul of what was in store for him if he left.

They made much more of Holy Spirit than we do today.

He is as real as if Jesus was standing in our midst. We should be seeking Him in all decisions.

It’s not me Roger, that has little regard for what is written. Your fingers curl right back at you.

And I think now you should just be ignored.
You can attempt to ignore the truth but you do so at your own peril.

Paul did not unlearn all he learned at the feet of Gamaliel. God opened Paul's understanding that he might see Jesus in all the OT teachings as taught by Gamaliel.

Paul rightly knew the Holy Spirit unlike so many today.

Your word betray you and expose that you are following the delusions of this age. Mystic new age teachings are not for God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You just make this stuff up as you go along.
You have absolutely no idea and no insight as to what 1Corinthians 14 is about.
Fortunately I do and experience the truth and purpose of 1Corinthians 14 at every Sunday meeting when after the communion
the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit are operated.
Exactly the same as the churches that the epistles are written to.
You are the one making this up. Corinth was a church that was carnal and Paul was attempting to correct their errors and guide them back into holiness and fellowship with Christ.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Sep 2, 2019
I have been baptized by/in the Holy spirit, and I do not speak in tounges.
🙂
Then how do you know EXACTLY that you've been baptized by the Holy Spirit? :LOL:

Speaking in Tongues is one of the manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

If you say that you've been water baptized on a particular time & date, okay, there were witnesses who saw you dunked under water.

But to say that you've been baptized by the Holy Spirit, yet without any physical evidence/manifestation?

You're probably confused about 'getting saved' & the 'baptism of the Holy Spirit'.

Yes, they're 2 distinctly separate events.

Sep 2, 2019

Holy Spirit is a 'Him'. Not 'It'.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Then how do you know EXACTLY that you've been baptized by the Holy Spirit? :LOL:

Speaking in Tongues is one of the manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

If you say that you've been water baptized on a particular time & date, okay, there were witnesses who saw you dunked under water.

But to say that you've been baptized by the Holy Spirit, yet without any physical evidence/manifestation?

You're probably confused about 'getting saved' & the 'baptism of the Holy Spirit'.

Yes, they're 2 distinctly separate events.
According to scripture you are wrong. You do not have sound biblical doctrine. Titus 3:5

Evidence of being saved is walking in newness of life as a new creature in Christ. The Holy Spirit witnessing with our spirit that are His.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Sep 2, 2019
According to scripture you are wrong. You do not have sound biblical doctrine. Titus 3:5

Evidence of being saved is walking in newness of life as a new creature in Christ. The Holy Spirit witnessing with our spirit that are His.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Well, according to scripture, i'm correct. In fact, i do have sound biblical doctrine. You shouldn't skip the bible verses that don't agree with you, Roger.

Perhaps you should not put God in a box :unsure:

God is much bigger than your 'God of ink & paper'. Don't limit the power & the workings of God.

If there are no longer miracles & supernatural happenings in Christianity today, it's no different from the other dead religions. Funny that you actually believe in the supernatural, when it comes to salvation, but you discount every supernatural manifestation from henceforth.

And stop labeling the supernatural works of God through His people as 'mystic'. New age mysticism even.

That's unkind.

Good day :coffee:

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
You are the one making this up. Corinth was a church that was carnal and Paul was attempting to correct their errors and guide them back into holiness and fellowship with Christ.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Exactly and he corrected them by writing chapters 12 and 14
therefore being oh so holy and right with God your church would of course be in full obedience to the teachings and commandments
of 1Corinthians 12 and 14.
You would be conducting your meetings in full compliance to chapter 14 ??