How would we "miss it"? If we are taken, we are taken can't miss that...unless I am misunderstanding your point. Matthew 24:46 indicates we don't need to worry about being distracted if in HIS will.
[As I was writing out this passage the words awoke a question – if Christ says He doesn’t know these people, how could they cast out devils and prophesy and do miracles in His name? We know His power is greater than anything else and just His name is immensely powerful, so consider the implication here – Christ doesn’t know these people – they are not His – these people claim to have cast out demons and prophesied and performed miracles. Perhaps the key is that the people claimed to have done these things and they didn't really happen. We know that today it is common for people to have an inflated idea of how much good they are doing. In Acts 19:14-16 there were exorcists using Jesus’ name but the demons caused the man in whom they lived to beat them up and run them off naked and bleeding. They were unable to cast out these demons using Jesus’ name so, who are these people talked about in Matthew 7? Did they really do these wonders? He knows His sheep (John 10) and they know Him and even the demons know Christians: “And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?” Acts 19:15 --- As much as I would like to say that I completely understand this, I have to say I don’t.]
I've wondered about these passages as well and the thought that comes to mind is what if these people are claiming to do what only God can do?
Because people don't have the power to cast out demons. God sends His angels to deal with them. We are told to stand and resist and they will flee but we are not commanded to chase after them and try and wrestle them after they have run away. Sometimes the spiritual strongholds need to be destroyed and it has nothing to do with demons but lack of knowledge and the cure is discipleship, prayer and reading the Bible and not false "deliverance ministries" or pouring more money into greedy "prosperity" preachers hands.
Their focus is on what THEY did and how great THEY are and not upon God and what He has done. They don't preach about Jesus and what He DID on the cross but boast of their own works and own inflated self importance.
Hi Just-us-2 welcome to CC.your posts are like a burst of fresh air.
thanks and may God bless and keep y'all.
![]()
I agree! Sadly, I have found that many professing Christians are immobile - they are sitting around waiting to get raptured out before the tribulation and thus don't actively disciple other, etc.
yes but we are so close that if we ourselves get distracted we could miss it
It's called self deception.
They really weren't casting out demons or healing, they just thought they were.
For example, those in the charasmania "deliverance" ministries who see a demon behind every bush, and as the cause of every fleshly struggle. They'll yell at "demons" in Jesus name. In their mind they believe they cast out a demon. But in reality all they did was yell at a demonless bush.
Another example, the heretics in the name and claim, blab and grab movements, who are really just teaching a christianized version of the mind sciences aka The Secret. They'll pray for someone who's sick. They'll "claim" the healing. Then they honestly believe the person is healed, but they aren't.
I think Jesus is talking about self deception, not actual people who healed or cast out demons.
A few of the many instructions to believers are:
Be ready - 1 Peter 3:13-17
Seek God – Jeremiah 29:13
Study – 2 Timothy 2:15
Be holy – Leviticus 20:7, Hebrews 12:14
Be the salt of the earth – Matthew 5:13
Love Jesus Christ – Matthew 10:37
Listen to Christ – Mark 7:14
Abide in Christ – John 15:4
Take up our cross and follow Jesus Christ daily - Luke 9:23
Worship God – John 4:23
Always pray and not lose heart – Luke 18:1
Do not be anxious about the necessities of life – Matthew 6:25
Humble yourself – Matthew 23:12
Or, all wrapped up in one short verse “He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” Micah 6:8 (KJV)
Knowing very well the scripture commonly referred to as “the great commission”, it is abundantly clear what God expects us to do.Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV) “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” There is a catch here though and that is: we can't teach what we don't know and we can't “go” if we aren't maintained, just like preparing our car for for a road trip – gas, oil, etc. A car won't run without gas and it won't run very long without oil to lubricate and maintain.
People, get ready – and help others do the same - for what is coming, physically and spiritually. We don't have the right to sit back and reap the rewards of the gift of salvation, just because we call ourselves Christians.
I have not done any real works, I have not helped the sick, or converted anyone, or even shared a testimony
Bible prophecies may or may not be what we have perceived and understood in the Bible but still we have to be prepared !
It is said :
Ephesians 5:15-16
[SUP]15 [/SUP]See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Wow according to the link you gave we arent even close to end times XD 2% in libya? 12% in most other surrounding countries? barely scratched the surface.
Nothing scares me more than that line: " I never knew you"
I just pray that he will, and does know me!!!
I have not done any real works, I have not helped the sick, or converted anyone, or even shared a testimony, I get baptised in a few weeks. So I hope I have at least enough time to do that.
P.S. Thanks for the link by the way, ive been wanting something that showed that information.
If you have ever made the smallest self sacrifice to alleviate another person's problem because you love them, you have.
You don't always have to give a testimony, be, that is, "keep" the testimony.
did you know that people perform witchcraft and use the words from the bible to do these acts?We know the last days are upon us and that we must “redeem the time” while we still can (Ephesians 5:16, Colossians 4:5) There are many things God wants accomplished but many hindrances are standing in the way. The church – not just one particular religion– is stagnant and accomplishing very little today.
Many will disagree with this statement. They are blinded by their own “good works” – mission trips, feeding the homeless, church dinners and other functions – all good things in their own right, but... we are not called to “busyness.” Multitudes of these very people will be the ones the scriptures speak of inMatthew 7:21-23 where it says, “Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, only those who do what my Father in heaven wants. On that Day, many will say to me, `Lord, Lord! Didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we expel demons in your name? Didn't we perform many miracles in your name?' Then I will tell them to their faces, `I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!'”
[As I was writing out this passage the words awoke a question – if Christ says He doesn’t know these people, how could they cast out devils and prophesy and do miracles in His name? We know His power is greater than anything else and just His name is immensely powerful, so consider the implication here – Christ doesn’t know these people – they are not His – these people claim to have cast out demons and prophesied and performed miracles. Perhaps the key is that the people claimed to have done these things and they didn't really happen. We know that today it is common for people to have an inflated idea of how much good they are doing. In Acts 19:14-16 there were exorcists using Jesus’ name but the demons caused the man in whom they lived to beat them up and run them off naked and bleeding. They were unable to cast out these demons using Jesus’ name so, who are these people talked about in Matthew 7? Did they really do these wonders? He knows His sheep (John 10) and they know Him and even the demons know Christians: “And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?” Acts 19:15 --- As much as I would like to say that I completely understand this, I have to say I don’t.]
Wow so lets do it, you dont need a plane ticket to africa, go out to your local town and do it!