People you cant talk to

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I feel like I can talk to most anyone. Like some of the ladies above I sometimes listen more than I talk ,especially online.

I dont mind if people complain to me...we all need to vent sometimes and sometimes people just need a listening ear here on Earth. (I know the Lord is always a listening ear..hence making reference to here on Earth)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
do you speak in any other langauges?

some people can only speak in english and make no effort to understand any other language...

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia

some people can only speak in english and make no effort to understand any other language...
I only speak in English, yes.
I have infact worked on another language for a while,but it wasnt a necessity so I never got far.

How many languages do you speak?

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018

I don’t speak anything but English but that would be a great bucket list item to learn another language... maybe French 🤔

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I speak english and a little chinese (very basic cantonese) as that is my mothers tongue.
I also speak in an unknown tongue but actually not even sure what langauge I have! it sounds kinda like thai or indonesian.
I learned French in high school, can speak a little and read some of it. But I dont get the opportunity to read many french books. Im learning to read more chinese as have borrowed a stack of them.
I also know quite a few maori words and songs and basic phrases.

Mar 4, 2020
Are there people you find you just cant have a decent conversation with?
Normal people give and take, wait their turn, listen, and try to understand, but some people you just cant talk with.

They either pushy or arrogant or sarcastic but have no sense of humour so they dont 'get' anything.

What do you do...just avoid them?
I cant talk to some people without them bragging about their country all the time. Its like 'you wouldnt be here if not for us' kind of arrogance and every converstion has to be about how great their country is. What is that, like country chauvinism or something?
Is it because they joined the military and have to prove how right they are to kill lots of people or something? I dont know.

I mean it might be one thing if its just sports. But if its just like how much money they have or how big an army they command then so what?
The bulk majority of people we come across have already formed strong opinions and aren't looking to have those beliefs challenged or critiqued. Most people seem to want to be dignified and validated because that reinforces their belief they're right. A disagreement is perceived as an affront to their ability to comprehend and is therefore interpreted as an insult most of the time. So people will respond defensively.

So being more of a listener myself, most people I've interacted with tend to be attracted to that and fall into the talking category. I do have strong and well-developed opinions myself, but being aware of what motivates people to talk is helpful in not taking everything too seriously.

People will go through a series of failures and humiliations at the expense of their ego and talking points before learning to just chill out and listen for a change.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thats true but also if you treat everything as a joke thats also not great either.

I think people use humour as a defence mechanism a lot but that can turn into sarcasm which is a horrible trait to have at times. You dont want to do that to children...

Children will clam up when they know they arent taken seriously and treated as a nuisance.

Be kind to everyone folk. It is better than being confrontational but sometimes kindness doesnt always work with certain people and you have to get tough.

H

Heart_Melody

Normal people give and take, wait their turn, listen, and try to understand, but some people you just cant talk with.

They either pushy or arrogant or sarcastic but have no sense of humour so they dont 'get' anything.

What do you do...just avoid them?
I cant talk to some people without them bragging about their country all the time. Its like 'you wouldnt be here if not for us' kind of arrogance and every converstion has to be about how great their country is. What is that, like country chauvinism or something?
Is it because they joined the military and have to prove how right they are to kill lots of people or something? I dont know.

I mean it might be one thing if its just sports. But if its just like how much money they have or how big an army they command then so what?
Oh that is a can of Worms sister...
I relate so much to this - Especially since I am mostly peaceable and I despise debates. Some people - no matter what, seem to want to cross blades at every given moment. It is so maddening.

In those moments I wish we were in high society England - and I had a dainty cup of tea to hide my scowl behind, smile and turn away with a pretended fit of coughing or something and say something like "GOLLY! IS THAT THE TIME?" lol (I hope you read that with a nice, posh British accent....)

I find that the CC chatroom is full of people like that - which is why I always mute them - I only go in to text with a few people. I cannot stand it when people love the sound of their own voice so much.

One day we will all be held accountable for "every idle word" we spoke. A fearful prospect for us all. People that don't listen and that insist on their ways to me fit the description of fools. There are plenty of those in Proverbs. And I hope to stir away from that. Plus I always like the one that said something like "Even a fool - if he stays silent - looks wise". Some people I know should try that every now and then.
Plus I've been made to eat some words I spoke in conversations like that before- and they hardly ever taste as good going down as they did coming out. I find that regret about "not having spoken" is far more rare then the "regret of having said too much".

S

Susanna

I don’t speak anything but English but that would be a great bucket list item to learn another language... maybe French 🤔
French is made up of so many varieties of French. Which one would you like to learn? I speak Louisiana French, that’s my native language, English, not so much, but of course, that’s what people mainly speak in Texas, so I have to speak English😁.

I love learning languages, and I’m fluent in both Swedish and Spanish, as well as French and English.

Knowing different languages makes you realize that mankind is not only a rare species just to be found in your own country. They exist in other countries as well...

😁.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Oh that is a can of Worms sister...
I relate so much to this - Especially since I am mostly peaceable and I despise debates. Some people - no matter what, seem to want to cross blades at every given moment. It is so maddening.

In those moments I wish we were in high society England - and I had a dainty cup of tea to hide my scowl behind, smile and turn away with a pretended fit of coughing or something and say something like "GOLLY! IS THAT THE TIME?" lol (I hope you read that with a nice, posh British accent....)

I find that the CC chatroom is full of people like that - which is why I always mute them - I only go in to text with a few people. I cannot stand it when people love the sound of their own voice so much.

One day we will all be held accountable for "every idle word" we spoke. A fearful prospect for us all. People that don't listen and that insist on their ways to me fit the description of fools. There are plenty of those in Proverbs. And I hope to stir away from that. Plus I always like the one that said something like "Even a fool - if he stays silent - looks wise". Some people I know should try that every now and then.
Plus I've been made to eat some words I spoke in conversations like that before- and they hardly ever taste as good going down as they did coming out. I find that regret about "not having spoken" is far more rare then the "regret of having said too much".
yep
but thing is I keep my worms in a worm farm container not a can so they cant get out so easily.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well.
nobody in CC wants to talk about imprtant stuff so am not really sure the american people care about the chinese people with all the racism I am witnessing on the news forum. People have got to stop thinking a govt always represents its people, otherwise I would think everyone would be like its countries leaders and some of them, well the majority can be absolute tyrants.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I will be eating my pinneaple lumps. Oh wait, they are now made in Thailand.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i cant talk to anyone on Facebook anymore.
but thats ok there are other apps.

I still have ppls landlines so can just call them and it doesnt cost if its local. which is great. I know some ppl who only talk by mobile but its actually expesnive to call people, even on a plan.

showing my age, but does anyone remember having a dial phone? I do! i think I much prefer them to the bricks sorry phones people use these days

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you hold your phone up to your ear, it takes a picture of your ear and shows you how much ear wax youve got. Fun.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I had a massive problem with this, especially with women. Nowadays i don't over indulge, that can deter, but i do talk to my co workers every now and then.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Yeah sure. You! You're always so negative. A Debbie Downer. A date killer. A love strangler. A happiness suffocator. The list goes on and on. etc...etc...etc... Negativity comes from the devil. It is the result of the deadly sin of sloth, that is surrendering to satan and saying whatever comes out of your mouth instead of making the effort to say something good or something that would bring good results to people. Stop empowering the devil. Follow Jesus Christ instead and love thy neighbor with thy words!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
you seem unhappy andy, care to talk about it? but not with me. Maybe a therapist?

lol

I strike up friendly conversations at the bookshop but I dont really talk to people that have such prejudices and look down on people. That is just very FEW people and I find it surprising whe I cant talk to someone.

like you andy...you hold up the mirror to your own feelings and thats basically your own problem. Have a look at your own threads....extemely negative and moody much? sorry.

its ok you dont need to reply...in fact, I hope you wont. Go find someone else to criticise.

most people are just ok with not having much conversation at all but are still friendly.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had a massive problem with this, especially with women. Nowadays i don't over indulge, that can deter, but i do talk to my co workers every now and then.
maybe let them have a say and dont monopolise conversations, learn to listen before you butt in.Women appreciate it. I think many men tend to talk over the top of people. It can be rude. I know in my own family men do this. and in church and work and even on cc.

that is why theres a ladies only forum so we can breathe a bit.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
... right... says the person who criticizes everyone. Lead by example will you? Besides, you know I'm very happy. I'm always joking around and cheering people up, unlike you Debbie Downer! I say that with love. Take it or leave it. Godspeed.