PERCEPTIONS OF GOD"S WORD

• Thread starter mymastertheking43
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mymastertheking43

Perceptions of God’s Word

Text: Malachi 3:16-4:3

I. The prophet Malachi declared there would be a distinction between the wicked and righteous

A. The rising day would burn the wicked like chaff, but serve as healing balm for the righteous.

B. The same event produces two dramatically different results.

C. The result did not depend on the event but on the recipient.

D. Acts 17:22-34 - Same message yields different responses

II. The attitude of the righteous to God’s word

A. It is a light burden

1. Matthew 11:29-30 - Obligations are incurred, but ones that are easily managed.

2. I John 5:3 - We must keep the commandments of God, which is not drudgery but beneficial to us.

B. They are doable

1. God has never given commands that are out of the reach of men - Deuteronomy 30:10-14

C. They are enjoyable

1. Proverbs 3:13-18 - The wisdom of God was given for our benefit

2. Psalm 19:7-11 - The beauty of God’s law

D. They bring peace

1. The words of Christ bring peace to the hearer - John 16:33

2. His purpose in coming was to guide us to the way of peace - Luke 1:79

3. Psalm 119:165 - nothing causes them to stumble

III. The attitude of the wicked to God’s word is quite different

A. It is foolishness

1. I Corinthians 1:18 - Yet that foolishness will lead to their destruction

2. I Corinthians 2:14 - He cannot understand what is spiritually discerned.

B. It causes them to stumble

1. Matthew 11:2-6 - Jesus causes people to chose. They ignore him to their peril because they will stumble over what they refuse to see.

2. His teachings at time offended his audience - Matthew 15:10-14

3. Christ is a stumbling stone to those who will not believe - I Peter 2:6-8

4. It is the reason the Jews did not accept Christ - Romans 9:32-33

C. It does not give them what they want

1. Some tried following Jesus for the food he provided - John 6:26-27

2. Jesus told them to desire spiritual food - John 6:59-65

D. They refuse to listen - Jeremiah 6:16-19

E. It is too restrictive

1. The way to truth is narrow and few will find and enter thereby - Matthew 7:13-14

2. Only few will be saved - Luke 13:23-24

IV. God’s word is both a fire and a rock - Jeremiah 23:28-29

A. It inspires the believer with passion - Jeremiah 20:9

B. But it destroys the unbeliever – burning him and shattering him - Jeremiah 5:14; Matthew 21:43-44

V. What is your attitude towards God’s word? Will you accept its teachings?

Feb 21, 2012

I. The prophet Malachi declared there would be a distinction between the wicked and righteous

A. The rising day would burn the wicked like chaff, but serve as healing balm for the righteous.

A. It is a light burden

1. Matthew 11:29-30 - Obligations are incurred, but ones that are easily managed.

2. I John 5:3 - We must keep the commandments of God, which is not drudgery but beneficial to us.

B. They are doable

1. God has never given commands that are out of the reach of men - Deuteronomy 30:10-14

C. They are enjoyable

D. They bring peace

A. It is foolishness

1. Matthew 11:2-6 - Jesus causes people to chose. They ignore him to their peril because they will stumble over what they refuse to see.

E. It is too restrictive

1. The way to truth is narrow and few will find and enter thereby - Matthew 7:13-14

B. But it destroys the unbeliever – burning him and shattering him - Jeremiah 5:14; Matthew 21:43-44

God's Word is truth:

Psalm 119:60 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Colossians 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of truth of the gospel;

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spriti of promise,

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

His Heart:

Psalm 33:11 The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

Food: (spiritual)

Psalm 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: . . . .

Profitable for instruction:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

God bless.

J

jkalyna

A. It is a light burden

B. They are doable

C. They are enjoyable

D. They bring peace

A. It is foolishness

E. It is too restrictive

I KNOW THE SPIRIT IS WILLING BUT THE FLESH IS WEAK. THE DAYS ARE GETTING STRONGER IN WICKEDNESS AND OVERPOWERING EVEN BELIEVERS. WE ALL START THE RACE BUT THE SPIRIT GETS WEAK TO FINISH, AND IT'S EASIER NOT TO FIGHT SIN . EVIL MEN WILL WAX WORSE AND WORSE. THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE US IS WITCHCRAFT, CHILDREN IN DEFIANCE OF PARENTS, UNDER CONTROL OF GAMES THAT DISCONNECT FROM REALITY, KNOWING THE DIFFERENCE, OR JUST NOT CARING, PEOPLE STANDING IN LINE FOR DAYS TO BUY A NOVEL THAT TAKES THEM ON A JOURNEY TO HELL , BUT THE BIBLE IS FOUND IN THE GARBAGE BINS. AS YOU ENTER THE CLASS MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR BIBLE IN THE GARBAGE AND PICK UP THE OCCULT BOOKS. THIS IS WHAT THE ATMOSPHERE IS IN THE US NOW. STAY IN THE SHELTER OF THE ALMIGHTY AND TAKE REFUGE IN HIM. PSALM 91. THERE WILL BE NO OTHER WAY.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
For the spiritual individual this post is most thought provoking. The collection of verses here is a lot of work on the poster's part, and I could easily say prayerfully composed as a post. Thank you for the good reminders and lessons from the Word. May Yeshua hold you near always, amen