PERMESAN CREAM CRACKERS - Sooo Yummy!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AuntieAnt

I made these in less than half an hour. If you want to make a quick & easy delicious snack, this is definitely it! They are like Cheez-It crackers - ONLY TASTIER! Warning: the aroma from the oven will draw people like ants to a picnic! ;)

Here's a photo of the ones I made. I added garlic powder & cracked black pepper to these.

crackers.jpg

Parmesan Cream Crackers Recipe
Ingredients
· 1cup all-purpose flour, more as needed
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
· 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
· ¼ cup cream or half-and-half, more as needed
· Coarse salt, pepper, sesame or poppy seeds, minced garlic or whatever you like for sprinkling (optional)

Preparation
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly dust with flour. Put flour, salt, cheese and butter in bowl of a food processor. Pulse until flour and butter are combined. Add about 1/4 cup cream or half-and-half and let machine run for a bit; continue to add liquid a teaspoon at a time, until mixture holds together but is not sticky.

2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface until 1/2-inch thick or even thinner, adding flour as needed. Transfer sheet of dough to prepared baking sheet (drape it over rolling pin to make it easier). Score lightly with a sharp knife, pizza cutter or a pastry wheel if you want to break crackers into squares or rectangles later on. Sprinkle with salt or other topping if you like.

3. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on a rack; serve warm or at room temperature or store in a tin for a few days.

Here's the link for it:
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012655-parmesan-cream-crackers

peacenik

May 11, 2016
Excellent! This dish is one I hadn't thought of doing before. Will eventually do the gluten free variety and I bet it will be a goody as well. :)

T

thomaschristeena

Its looking tempting and yummy!

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
I love recipes that are unusual. I will be trying this one soon. PLEASE don't use Kraft Parmesean cheese, people!!!! Buy a chunk of REAL Parmesan cheese. :cool:

T

Tabitha4thelord

Yummy!!! Looks so good!

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Looks delicious, AuntieAnt! It's good to see you back!