Personal concern on doubled nichname on CHAT ROOM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
When I registered on CC I was the "one" using secularhermit as nick but, now and today, I saw there was another using this similar nick on LOUNGE. My concern is personal, because I don´t be messed up in a confusion of IDENTITY. What if any make a mistake (1) or someone thinks he is me? (2).

Will you mind changing my present nicknam for ANOTHER?

It could be my personal name (Antonio Toro) or another (but not the same) I don´t want to be confused for the ONE I am.

Thanks for the attention!

P. S.

AT could be another nickname I could used instead of the another ME. He! He!

May 3, 2013
Ha! Ha! that´s is my mirror? nice and fine technical joke:

secularhermit: That username (secularhermit) is already in use in the chat room. (At lounge, 9:53 pm April, 09, 2014)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I just searched our user records and have to say you must be mistaken since we only have 4 nics registered with "hermit" in them, and only 2 are current users, yourself and oldhermit which I don't think is close enough to be that confusing. If you still want your nic changed, we do charge a $5 administrative fee to do that and your current profile info is completely eliminated. In other words your post count goes to zero, any reputation is wiped out, etc.

As for getting the message that your nic is already in use in the Lounge, that is a bug that RoboOp has been trying to resolve and has been able to reduce the frequency with which it happens but just hasn't been able to eliminate completely. I know he's been trying to re-set the chat server frequently to free up stuck nics but it may be a day or two since re-setting the server means completely shutting down chat while it re-sets.

D

djness

I don't similar names are an issue unless you want to try to be totally unique.
If it were they would have to make every single jesus/god/girl/wolf person change their names.
I've never seen anyone get in trouble because of a person with similar names causing issue.

May 3, 2013
I don't similar names are an issue unless you want to try to be totally unique.
If it were they would have to make every single jesus/god/girl/wolf person change their names.
I've never seen anyone get in trouble because of a person with similar names causing issue.
On the chat I was hindered to get in and, the system asked me to use another nickname... Now I know how to deal with it.

Thanks!