Personal questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
o_O

Ok, that's good. I am talking about generalized stereotypes. Married people do view individualism and personal freedom (not talking about the Bill of Rights) as a threat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
married people often dont talk about why they married their spouse either especially if they getting a bit tired of them.

But too bad they both made a choice they should stick with it. lol

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I just tell them because i really don't care how they react, if i wanted to be married and in a relatiobship id have had it by now. I know some people have tried to make me feel bad about not being married but im looking at a lot of them who tell me these things and they aren't happy, life for them isn't always just a bed of roses, meanwhile im always just chillin lol.

I guess because i always had a clear vision for how i wanted to live setup even as a kid i really don't feel the need to get defensive about the choices i have made.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
People who try and make others feel bad for their own choices have nothing better to do I think.
If you do happen to feel bad its not because of what anyone else thinks, as it doesnt matter what other people think. They dont live with you!

Parents on the other hand and family members think they might have some influence though. Some people marry to get away from their family, or they want to join another family. Thats understandable, as is being single because you are happy with your own family or company and dont feel the need to join another!

Why all the negative judgement anyway. I think most people just ask out of concern, not necessarily they are being nosy. Even Jesus would ask where is your husband to a woman on her own. In those days it was safety in numbers.

Though I think in some areas its fairly safe to be a single woman on her own which is a blessing, but it doesnt mean you dont have any friends!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I heard a good one from a storyteller, when children asked how old she was. She told them she was about 5000 years old, but looked young for her age

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I just tell them I am...have kids? No...how old I am I'll say 45... Well regarding my age I am not 45 yet lol I thought I was...until just recently... someone told me you are not 45 yet lol 😅 I stopped thinking about how old I am...anyways I just know I am old already 😅

Personally ,I don't think it is rude to ask those things because I got no problem answering those questions as well... Because for me if I ask you about your age or your status I just want to know that's all...

But, I understand that some people think it is rude to ask those things.... so I don't usually ask personal things to avoid offending them or to cause uneasiness ...I just tell them about myself if they ask me ...if they open up well it's nice if not...it is all up to them...just don't want to make them feel uncomfortable around me...

The things that can make me uncomfortable are...when u ask me about my number,email and social media account...they are personal to me...and if i do give to you please know that I am sincere about that idea of getting to know you and form a friendship or make friends with you 😊

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think givng out personal phone numbers shouldnt be like that means you want someone calling on you all the time and checking up on you and talk on the phone all the time.

For me its like if I am giving a number its so they can contact me to see if I can come to something or a request. I dont call people for no reason or just to chat cos it costs to call...! And who really wants to yak on a cellphone? And have ppl hear all your conversation thats not even private anyway.

they can txt, but not bombard me with txts. I would do the same, be respectful of their time on the phone.

Also, with landlines, they are often shared with other family.