Personal update

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Hi friends.

You may have noticed I've not been on much at all lately. Life has gotten very busy, and frankly I'm getting too old for this. I have reached a decision, after a great deal of soul searching, that I want to serve God by making certain I do two things for the rest of my life.

1. Love freely, immensely, and undistractedly my beautiful wife.
2. Provide care to the utmost to the men and women that have faithfully served this nation and help them overcome the afflictions of addiction, depression, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder their service may have inflicted on them.

That means devoting my time and attention to giving everything of myself to those two desires. CC does not fit in with those desires. Therefore, with some sadness, I am asking the administrators to delete my account. I've found during my absence from daily or even three times per week posting, I enjoy life, enjoy my wife and family, and enjoy my clientele to a greater extent that previously.

This decision is not made hastily. I've given a grat deal of prayer and thought to it. It is best for everyone. I am healthier and happier being gone from here. I thank you all for my friendship, love, and camaraderie. God bless you and keep you. I'll see you all in heaven one day.

In Christ,
Mike
Lee's Summit, Missouri

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Gonna miss you, VW.. God bless. :)

Feb 1, 2015
Farewell, my friend and brother; for the greater good. :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Sorry to see you go brother. May God bless your time with your wife and your work with our Vets.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
My wife and I were talking about the Wounded Warrior Project just the other day. I've been thinking about it for quite awhile now.

This pretty much clinches it.

Sorry to see you go VW. I know you will be doing good things out there.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
gonna miss you always enjoyed your posts. God speed, brother.

J

Jhong

Brethren, I have not come across your postings, nonetheless, God be with you in your endeavours. Regards to your family. Godspeed! :)

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Mike, you've been very influential to me over the past 10 months, and I'm grateful for everything you've shared and taught me. Drop me a pm once in a while if you feel moved to do so. It would make my day. Keeping you and yours lifted always. Godspeed, my Brother. In Christ, Utah! :cool:

S

sydlit

Hi friends.

You may have noticed I've not been on much at all lately. Life has gotten very busy, and frankly I'm getting too old for this. I have reached a decision, after a great deal of soul searching, that I want to serve God by making certain I do two things for the rest of my life.

1. Love freely, immensely, and undistractedly my beautiful wife.
2. Provide care to the utmost to the men and women that have faithfully served this nation and help them overcome the afflictions of addiction, depression, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder their service may have inflicted on them.

That means devoting my time and attention to giving everything of myself to those two desires. CC does not fit in with those desires. Therefore, with some sadness, I am asking the administrators to delete my account. I've found during my absence from daily or even three times per week posting, I enjoy life, enjoy my wife and family, and enjoy my clientele to a greater extent that previously.

This decision is not made hastily. I've given a grat deal of prayer and thought to it. It is best for everyone. I am healthier and happier being gone from here. I thank you all for my friendship, love, and camaraderie. God bless you and keep you. I'll see you all in heaven one day.

In Christ,
Mike
Lee's Summit, Missouri
God bless you, brother. Thanks for the times we connected and you extended your friendship and wisdom. Wish I could have known ahead, just to keep contact, but be it God's will. Just had a breakfast/mtg with the last Medal of Honor recipient from Iwo Jima was the guest speaker. Very moving testimony to say the least, and the latest thrust of his ministry, at age 92, is toward families who've lost a loved one due to war, and vets who are struggling, similar to what you mentioned. If you get this post, you might check out 'Buddy'Williamson. God be with you and your wife, and bless your ministry in Jesus' name.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
I am sad to see you go as you are full of insightful wisdom, however as you have given this a great deal of prayer I am certain you have done the right thing. May God bless you in all that you do.