Personality Types?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
S
I see my self as a introvert that sometimes becomes a "social chameleon". If people around me are quiet and minding their own business, I do so also. If the people around me are more upbeat and social, I will also become like that. If the people around me have a sense of humor and are laughing, I join in no problem.

I can be very quiet (except for my constant whistling), or when I am around a group of friends or people I know fairly well, I start making funny noises and car sounds (um yeah I'm 19; sounds a lot more embarrassing when I type it out). I actually find that I enjoy just acting how I want in front of people, but I have to know them.

I am a over-analyzer, so when I am left to myself, I start thinking about situations that may arise in the future and try to formulate the best decision possible, taking into account every single detail (which is mentally taxing after a while) which may be why I am less of an introvert now compared to my earlier years. Really need to practice putting that "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow" verse into practice.
So sorry. Typo..meant to say "social BLENDER"..lol

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
There is an old saying that was really prominent in my day.
you kids probably won't remember it.

Opposites attract.

I'm not as proud of it as I used to be.
But being with more than my fair share of women back in the day.
I can safely say.

That is BULL CRAP.

These personality tests are just a gimmick.
to see if you are compatible with someone.
Now where there may not be anything wrong with that in its self.
It seems to be a shortcut for courtship.

Just try to date someone for 2 years with no sex involved.
You will find out in a relatively short period of time if you are compatible with someone.
then get married and claim your prize.
Or just take the test and find out if you are compatible.
Come to think of it, that is a lot quicker. and cheaper too.
unless you are wrong,
but then you get to say oops and start all over.

little known fact: people change over time.
your personality today, will not be your personality in 15 or 20 years.

U

Ugly

There is an old saying that was really prominent in my day.
you kids probably won't remember it.

Opposites attract.

I'm not as proud of it as I used to be.
But being with more than my fair share of women back in the day.
I can safely say.

That is BULL CRAP.

These personality tests are just a gimmick.
to see if you are compatible with someone.
Now where there may not be anything wrong with that in its self.
It seems to be a shortcut for courtship.

Just try to date someone for 2 years with no sex involved.
You will find out in a relatively short period of time if you are compatible with someone.
then get married and claim your prize.
Or just take the test and find out if you are compatible.
Come to think of it, that is a lot quicker. and cheaper too.
unless you are wrong,
but then you get to say oops and start all over.

little known fact: people change over time.
your personality today, will not be your personality in 15 or 20 years.
We actually had a thread go up last week called "Do opposites really attract?".

And most personality tests aren't aimed at dating. Unless it's a BS one created for a dating site.

Personality doesn't change. You may change how you view, act and respond to things in relation to learning and experiences but that doesn't change your personality. Just the way you interact with people in the world.

egeiro

Mar 17, 2015
I see my self as a introvert that sometimes becomes a "social chameleon". If people around me are quiet and minding their own business, I do so also. If the people around me are more upbeat and social, I will also become like that. If the people around me have a sense of humor and are laughing, I join in no problem.

I can be very quiet (except for my constant whistling), or when I am around a group of friends or people I know fairly well, I start making funny noises and car sounds (um yeah I'm 19; sounds a lot more embarrassing when I type it out). I actually find that I enjoy just acting how I want in front of people, but I have to know them.

I am a over-analyzer, so when I am left to myself, I start thinking about situations that may arise in the future and try to formulate the best decision possible, taking into account every single detail (which is mentally taxing after a while) which may be why I am less of an introvert now compared to my earlier years. Really need to practice putting that "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow" verse into practice.

Heyyyyy, we are so similar it's crazy. I used to wonder whether it's just a mild form of multiple personality disorder (in a comical sense) but I think I owe it to my more introverted/analytical side that I've created a wealth of understanding about social expectations and effective ways to socialize at certain times.

At work, I am so 'worky', it takes time for me to let down my professional barrier to be more casual. But when I'm around young adults at social events, I'm one of the loudest ones there, always finding a way to out-do someone at something (my last group outing I entered an eating competition at a restaurant and broke the women's record for eating a two foot long hot dog).

At home, I like my quiet time and I like my undisturbed lunch breaks. But I think as time goes on, I become more extroverted. I used to have to slam the breaks on life to have peace and quiet and recharge, but I don't mind the interruptions and chaos so much anymore/

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
We actually had a thread go up last week called "Do opposites really attract?".

And most personality tests aren't aimed at dating. Unless it's a BS one created for a dating site.

Personality doesn't change. You may change how you view, act and respond to things in relation to learning and experiences but that doesn't change your personality. Just the way you interact with people in the world.
Congrats on the thread Do opposites really attract? I still don't buy it.
I do understand that me saying something doesn't make it gospel,
I don't mean to com off like that.
But I have seen people learn and experience things that changed them as a person, Both good and bad, which changes who they are.
so how can their personality not be affected?

Most people search for things they don't have.
If they need information, they search for information.
If they are lonely, ( depending on which kind ) They search for love or companionship. ( that may or may not come from the same person.

A personality test is a search for a way to recognize someone going through the same thing you are.
In my case, its a walk down memory lane, to see how my choices affected my life.
You are correct it may not be true for everyone, But I know I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, and it was the things I learned and my responses to them that changed my personality, the same for my wife.
and I can't be alone in this world. there are others.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Heyyyyy, we are so similar it's crazy. I used to wonder whether it's just a mild form of multiple personality disorder (in a comical sense) but I think I owe it to my more introverted/analytical side that I've created a wealth of understanding about social expectations and effective ways to socialize at certain times.

At work, I am so 'worky', it takes time for me to let down my professional barrier to be more casual. But when I'm around young adults at social events, I'm one of the loudest ones there, always finding a way to out-do someone at something (my last group outing I entered an eating competition at a restaurant and broke the women's record for eating a two foot long hot dog).

At home, I like my quiet time and I like my undisturbed lunch breaks. But I think as time goes on, I become more extroverted. I used to have to slam the breaks on life to have peace and quiet and recharge, but I don't mind the interruptions and chaos so much anymore/
Good to see you back

U

Ugly

Congrats on the thread Do opposites really attract? I still don't buy it.
I do understand that me saying something doesn't make it gospel,
I don't mean to com off like that.
But I have seen people learn and experience things that changed them as a person, Both good and bad, which changes who they are.
so how can their personality not be affected?

Most people search for things they don't have.
If they need information, they search for information.
If they are lonely, ( depending on which kind ) They search for love or companionship. ( that may or may not come from the same person.

A personality test is a search for a way to recognize someone going through the same thing you are.
In my case, its a walk down memory lane, to see how my choices affected my life.
You are correct it may not be true for everyone, But I know I am not the same person I was 20 years ago, and it was the things I learned and my responses to them that changed my personality, the same for my wife.
and I can't be alone in this world. there are others.
Not sure the purpose of congratulating me. You implied that this was some old, no longer known saying and I was merely pointing out that it's actually still quite well known.
Neither did I say whether or not I believed if it was true or not. So why you're trying to convince me I have no idea.

If you have a piece of clay and mold it into a ball, then decide to dye it to a different color and and make it a square is it no longer clay? Personalities are the same way.

Interesting how you claim to know the intentions of 1000s or more people. When I took a personality test it was to simply see what it said, see if it was accurate or not. And when I took it I actually learned to understand many things about myself and feel more at peace about who I am. It was not for romance, nor for finding others.
So you may want to reconsider assuming you know the intentions of so many people you've never met.

Enocish

Nov 9, 2017
Not sure the purpose of congratulating me. You implied that this was some old, no longer known saying and I was merely pointing out that it's actually still quite well known.
Neither did I say whether or not I believed if it was true or not. So why you're trying to convince me I have no idea.

If you have a piece of clay and mold it into a ball, then decide to dye it to a different color and and make it a square is it no longer clay? Personalities are the same way.

Interesting how you claim to know the intentions of 1000s or more people. When I took a personality test it was to simply see what it said, see if it was accurate or not. And when I took it I actually learned to understand many things about myself and feel more at peace about who I am. It was not for romance, nor for finding others.
So you may want to reconsider assuming you know the intentions of so many people you've never met.
I stand corrected.