Peter surprise you? Small maidens

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
When I read the passage of the Lord’s arrest i always marvel at the Lord’s in the midst of everything taking the man’s ear that Peter hacked off back on good as new.. For me the real surprise comes knowing Peter could and would act in this way with 600 heavily armed soldiers. This same Peter when confronted by what was probably an early teen girl denied our Lord. How often do we overcome the big and expected only to be ensnared by something small or unexpected.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

When I read the passage of the Lord’s arrest i always marvel at the Lord’s in the midst of everything taking the man’s ear that Peter hacked off back on good as new.. For me the real surprise comes knowing Peter could and would act in this way with 600 heavily armed soldiers. This same Peter when confronted by what was probably an early teen girl denied our Lord. How often do we overcome the big and expected only to be ensnared by something small or unexpected.

Awesome thought!
It is the little foxes that spoil the vine!

L

Locoponydirtman

I find myself to be the same.
It's disappointing when it happens and it happens so often.
Sometime I see all my failure and wonder about myself, how can I possibly be a Christian?

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Thank you Jesus,you cover us under the shelter of your mighty wings! The battle belongs to You,Lord,not us! Help us to reach for Your hand in the midst of every troubling storm! In Jesus name! Amen!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Most Christians I know would likely die if a gun was on them and told to deny Christ or be shot.

The hard part is LIVING for Christ. The day in day out constant assault from the world, the devil, and our flesh. I think this is why we are to take up our cross DAILY and act as if that gun is to our head.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I think also we can look at that encounter with the temple guard in the garden of Gethsemane as a parable that hearkens us back to the Old Testament as well as the New, and those verses that tell of those who have the eyes to see but do not see, the ears to hear but do not hear.

In one fell strike of Peter's sword, and why was he armed with a weapon? , Peter cleaved off a guards ear.
And before the eyes of the temple guard, Jesus picked up that ear and re-attached it good as new to the guard who was struck.

The temple guard were on orders of the elders to arrest Jesus on the charge of blasphemy. Yet, knowing full well the import of that charge, they witnessed with their eyes the miracle the one they'd come to arrest demonstrated on one of their own. He who had ears but did not hear but the orders of the temple guard to go forth and arrest the king of Heaven.

Imagine, though it is not detailed in the scriptures, how many of those guards who witnessed that miracle later came to Christ.
Even when about to be arrested Jesus demonstrated the love of the Father, and the power of God before them.
Let them then have eyes that they would see.