Petition Once or Petition Repeatedly?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SoulWeaver

Senior Member
Oct 25, 2014
4,889
2,528
113
Some people put all their heart into it and pray on that occassion very passionately, or maybe pray extremely shortly and simply, but once they have prayed, they usually dont like repeating their request, feelling like repeating is doubting that they were heard the first time...
Others, though, like to regularly petition for things, even writing lists out for regular lifting up to God in their prayer books...
How do you petition before God and what is the leading behind it?

(Please no condemnation or debate. I just would like to hear from you how God guides you personally. We're all different vessels with different measures of faith, and unique relationships with God. Thank you.)
 
I think this is a Great Post, and a Great question! Thank You........
Personally, when I pray about something that I know is his will for victory, I just pray for it once, but keep on thanking the Lord for
it from that time forward, and I feel in my heart that this is very
pleasing to God!

But I must add, that this is not always easy to do with some prayers!
Like with my illness that I have had for five years now that has destroyed my life!
Never the less, I'm still thanking Him that
by His Stripes I am healed!

Though my sickness is still present, or I should say the symptoms are still affecting me, yet He has healed my sin sick soul that will live
with Him Forever! For this, I also Thank Him and Praise Him!

Thank You again for this Post!:)
And Thank You Lord for Answering our prayers in your time!

We serve a Miracle working God!!!
 
Hi soul!

There are two "examles" I have seen to "settle" down my mind. These are David, when praying for the child he had from Betsabeth and the BEST example Jesus gave by using a widow (Luc 18:3-7)