Philippians 2:10

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
[TABLE="class: yiv2593965491templateContainer, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextContent, align: center"]…at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
Philippians 2:10[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][TABLE="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextBlock, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextBlockInner"][TABLE="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextContentContainer, width: 100%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD="class: yiv2593965491mcnTextContent"][h=2]- DECEMBER 28 -
YOUR PROBLEM MUST BOW TO JESUS’ NAME[/h][HR][/HR]
Whatever is troubling you, if it has a name, it must bow to the name of Jesus! Cancer must bow to the name of Jesus. Poverty must bow. Shame must bow. The Bible tells us that God has highly exalted Jesus and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee must bow!

That is exactly what happened when a severely demon-possessed man saw Jesus. The demons in him—called Legion for there were many of them—not only begged Jesus not to torment them, but they also fled when Jesus commanded them to go. The man was left whole, healed and in his right mind. (Luke 8:26–35)

My late father was similarly delivered from his drinking addiction of many years. I remember how he was in a drunken stupor one day. I prayed over him in Jesus’ name for him to be loosed from his addiction to alcohol. He threw up violently soon after that and from that moment on, he never touched the bottle again!

Beloved, if your child is sick, lay hands on him and say, “In Jesus’ name, cough, stop. Fever, go in Jesus’ name. Health flows in your body in Jesus’ name!” If there is strife and confusion at home, deal with it the same way. I have used the name of Jesus as I prayed for a couple who were quarrelling in a food center. It was amazing. All the strife between them seemed to melt away and they started to talk calmly after that.

That is the power of the name of Jesus because that is the name of the one who died for you, who rose again and today is at the right hand of God, for you! That is the name which is above every name, and at which every knee must and will bow!

Destined to Reign Devotional

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

I'm so thankful that this is true. All my problems will bow to the name of Jesus and I've seen each one ultimately fall and are on the way to falling. It is a process as we walk through each situation in life and see each issue and problem eventually be demolished.

While looking forward to the coming year I look forward to seeing more of Jesus in my life. Look forward to seeing more problems that were once monumental be demolished at the name of Jesus. In the past year I've seen Him take problems and wipe them away. I've also seen Him use those things to show me the need to look to Jesus all the more and that when we seek Him we will find Him. He is faithful to His Word and His promises.

Because of the love and grace of God in Christ we can claim those promises because Jesus died to pay for each one. The Bible says God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. I've seen Him be faithful to these promises and watched many of my fears and wrong thinking fall at the feet of Jesus.

He is always faithful to do what He promises as we follow Him trusting He is willing and able to do what He says He will do and believing what He says He has already done. Staying the course., allowing the Word to take root in our hearts and not fainting is what He calls us to do. 2 Tim.1:7-9

[SUP]7 [/SUP]For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
[SUP]
8 [/SUP]Do not blush or be ashamed then, to testify to and for our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for His sake, but [[SUP][a][/SUP]with me] take your share of the suffering [to which the preaching] of the Gospel [may expose you, and do it] in the power of God.
[SUP]
9 [/SUP][For it is He] Who delivered and saved us and called us with a calling in itself holy and leading to holiness [to a life of consecration, a vocation of holiness]; [He did it] not because of anything of merit that we have done, but because of and to further His own purpose and grace (unmerited favor) which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began [eternal ages ago].

Titus 2:11-14
[SUP]11 [/SUP]For the grace of God (His unmerited favor and blessing) has come forward (appeared) for the deliverance from sin and the eternal salvation for all mankind.[SUP]

12 [/SUP]It has trained us to reject and renounce all ungodliness (irreligion) and worldly (passionate) desires, to live discreet (temperate, self-controlled), upright, devout (spiritually whole) lives in this present world,
[SUP]
13 [/SUP]Awaiting and looking for the [fulfillment, the realization of our] blessed hope, even the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Christ Jesus (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]Who gave Himself on our behalf that He might redeem us (purchase our freedom) from all iniquity and purify for Himself a people [to be peculiarly His own, people who are] eager and enthusiastic about [living a life that is good and filled with] beneficial deeds.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 5:39, “You search the Scriptures, because you think you possess everlasting life in them. And these are the ones that bear witness of Me.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I (Yahshua/Jesus) have said to you.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 6:63, “It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words (Instructions) that I (Yahshua/Jesus) speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John 14:23-24, “[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהושע [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.”[/FONT]

Sep 14, 2017
Whatever is troubling you, if it has a name, it must bow to the name of Jesus! Cancer must bow to the name of Jesus. Poverty must bow. Shame must bow. The Bible tells us that God has highly exalted Jesus and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee must bow!
WoF, name-it-&-claim-it-blab-it-&-grab-it nonsense.

I know of several godly people who died of cancer.

I know many more godly people that are still poor, including myself.

Shame? Get forgiveness!

BTW, these things that joseph prince says must bow to the name of Jesus doesn't have knees, so whataya gonna do with that?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I don't know anything of this WoF stuff but I do know of the power
of true Pentecostal faith -

17 Believers will be given the power to perform miracles: they will drive out demons
in my name; they will speak in strange tongues;
18 if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed;
they will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well.
19 After the Lord Jesus had talked with them, he was taken up to heaven
and sat at the right side of God.
20 The disciples went and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with
them and proved that their preaching was true by the miracles that were performed.
Mark 16: GNB

Good on ya Joaniemarie - walk in faith and weary not in well doing.

Sep 14, 2017
How can you be a long-time Pentecostal, & not heard of WoF?

Methinks ye know only too well, yes.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017

Shame? Get forgiveness!

BTW, these things that joseph prince says must bow to the name of Jesus doesn't have knees, so whataya gonna do with that?
No matter what th subject, JP always manages to inject lies and false teachings into his *homilies*. Sometimes it is quite blatant and sometimes it is subtle. But there is absolutely no question that he is a false teacher who also brags about himself. Which shows how many gullible Christians are lapping up his teachings.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
I don't know anything of this WoF stuff but I do know of the power
of true Pentecostal faith -

17 Believers will be given the power to perform miracles: they will drive out demons
in my name; they will speak in strange tongues;
18 if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed;
they will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well.
19 After the Lord Jesus had talked with them, he was taken up to heaven
and sat at the right side of God.
20 The disciples went and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with
them and proved that their preaching was true by the miracles that were performed.
Mark 16: GNB

Good on ya Joaniemarie - walk in faith and weary not in well doing.

Same to you Waggles., We know it's a matter of believing and having faith in Jesus and what the Bible says has been given to us. We believe it and walk it out by faith. But there will always be the temptations from the world., the flesh and the devil to try to get our eyes OFF of Jesus and His promises.

But it's our daily choice who and what we are going to believe. Do we believe the facts of the world? the facts of the flesh? the lies of the devil? OR do we believe in Jesus and the promises He gave us outlined in the Bible?

Hebrews 11:1 tells us about faith.
Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [SUP][a][/SUP]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

Jesus calls us to look away from the world-flesh-devil... and instead looking to "Jesus the Author and finisher of our faith" We daily make that choice to look to Jesus and what He has already given us. We daily believe He loves us and has already provided for us as He promised. Eph.3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. We don't allow the enemy to steal the word from our hearts.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
How can you be a long-time Pentecostal, & not heard of WoF?
Methinks ye know only too well, yes.
Because I am Australian and dwell in the land of the Holy Spirit

As to the weird and wonderful they tend to be limited to
the Christian channels on Foxtel.

I do apologise, we have spawned 'Hillsong' church but I believe
everything about them is the American way.
Certainly Brian Houston and others are multi-millionaires.

Not my cup of tea.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

Shame? Get forgiveness!

Each one of us has to walk our own walk of faith with Jesus. Each day we make choices on where we will look and who we will see and hear. For myself, I know listening to the world and my flesh will lead me down a path of hopelessness, poverty, illness and doom. Jesus is faithful to His promises so I'm daily learning to listen and believe Him instead.

Each day the world and the flesh and the devil we seek to draw me to look at the facts seen in the world. But I'm a daughter called to look to Jesus by faith and rest in Him and His provisions and promises. Psalm 23 makes us sheep promises about what our Good Shepherd will do each day as we follow and trust Him.

Each day we retain in our minds the truths given to us;

So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the [SUP][b][/SUP]hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word.

Also., Hebrews 10 has some amazing promises based on the salvation Jesus has given to us. I've heard that this means many more things in the word "Sozo" We have been given gifts that we have rights to because of Jesus. We need to hold fast to those things He has given and promised. He has made our enemies a footstool under His feet and ours. Amen!

Hebrews 10:12-29Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

[SUP]
12 [/SUP]Whereas this One [Christ], after He had offered a single sacrifice for our sins [that shall avail] for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,
[SUP]
13 [/SUP]Then to wait until His enemies should be made a stool beneath His feet.
[SUP]
14 [/SUP]For by a single offering He has forever completely cleansed and perfected those who are consecrated and made holy.
[SUP]
15 [/SUP]And also the Holy Spirit adds His testimony to us [in confirmation of this]. For having said,
[SUP]
16 [/SUP]This is the agreement (testament, covenant) that I will set up and conclude with them after those days, says the Lord: I will imprint My laws upon their hearts, and I will inscribe them on their minds (on their inmost thoughts and understanding),
[SUP]
17 [/SUP]He then goes on to say, And their sins and their lawbreaking I will remember no more.
[SUP]
18 [/SUP]Now where there is absolute remission (forgiveness and cancellation of the penalty) of these [sins and lawbreaking], there is no longer any offering made to atone for sin.
[SUP]
19 [/SUP]Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus,
[SUP]
20 [/SUP]By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh,
[SUP]
21 [/SUP]And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God,
[SUP]
22 [/SUP]Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by [SUP][a][/SUP]that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.
[SUP]
23 [/SUP]So let us seize and hold fast and retain without wavering the [SUP][b][/SUP]hope we cherish and confess and our acknowledgement of it, for He Who promised is reliable (sure) and faithful to His word.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
looked up Word of Faith in Theopedia

Word of Faith

The Word of Faith movement or word-faith theology developed in the latter half of the 20th century in mainly Pentecostal and Charismatic churches. Its beginnings trace back to an early twentieth century evangelical pastor, E.W. Kenyon (1867-1948), who preached that God would award financial and other gifts if the faithful would ask. Kenyon coined the phrase, "What I confess, I possess."Kenneth E. Hagin is often credited with being the father of the modern Word of Faith movement, using a four-part formula he claimed to have received from Jesus: "Say it; do it; receive it; tell it."Proponents of the doctrine include Oral Roberts, Kenneth & Gloria Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Jerry Savelle, Charles Capps, Bill Winston, Creflo Dollar, Charles Nieman, Hobart Freeman, Benny Hinn, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, and Marilyn Hickey, among others. They teach that Christians must claim the grace God has promised them, whether in material goods, health, social position, or roles within the church.

Definitely know some of those names - anything with Kenneth Copeland
and Benny Hinn - is very suss.
Yeah they all seem to have TV ministries.
I think here in Australia what used to be traditional AOG has degenerated
into this very U.S. style of prosperity praise and worship give money and
Jesus will bless you on my behalf.
God wants you to have everything now!!
We call them happy-clappy churches.

But as to the Revival Fellowship we do not partake of this hoo-haa.
Very traditional old fashioned Pentecost where we examine our
doctrines and faith and our walk against the scriptures.
We exercise the three voice gifts of the Holy Spirit at meetings

diversities of tongues
interpretation
prophecy

Our Pentecostalism comes from British sources -
Smith Wigglesworth came to Australia in the 1920s.
Stiff upper lip and all that.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Here in the United States Waggles, we have many Christian churches that have gone into a major "religious" situation. We have left our first love and many Christian teachers are preaching a saved by works religion. This is where one gets saved because they receive Jesus by grace through faith but must maintain their salvation with their works.

Unfortunately as you can see., many people don't believe in healing or speaking in tongues for today. Many admit to being saved by grace alone through faith alone but that is not how they walk out their Christian lives. I was raised that way too and didn't come to the knowledge of the other truths of my salvation until I began walking on my own not hearing from the works religion I used to walk with most of my Christian life.

Now I know that the same way I got saved by Jesus (by grace through faith) that is how I walk out my Christian life...by grace through faith in Christ. There is no salvation.,(sozo) in any other name but Jesus name. There is no self righteousness allowed. We can't have healing based on our own righteousness. We can't claim the promises of God based on our own righteousness. All we have is based on what Jesus has done. When we walk out what Jesus has put in us., that is when we walk in the power of the Holy Spirit., by grace through faith in the finished work of Jesus.

So as shocking as it sounds many of us Americans have had to get Bible teaching from some of those TV preachers who have dared to believe the Bible and teach the truth about Jesus apart from works. I am very thankful for many of the TV preachers I've listened to over the last 10 years. Joyce Meyer is one of my favs and I also like Pastor J. Prince and Andrew Wommack. There are others I've heard on the internet and others who my friends have told me about I'm listening to who know and uphold the truth of what our salvation is about. By grace through faith in Jesus and Him alone.

Last edited:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
The Lord conveyed recently the importance we have as servants of God in Jesus Name, we can command His Power according to His will just by being in this world of a physical dimension-- That's the importance of the Cross of Christ: It is proof that He lived, and died and rose from the dead in this world. By being in this world, we have the ability to speak God's commands, like the discussion here, just like Jesus did, only in His Name. We speak the powerful words into time and space-- and they are carried out by God's Power through Angels standing by and however this happens. We as Christians have no power of our own, since people of flesh and blood have no individual power but to speak and do God's will in Jesus' Name.

It seems like a simple thing, but, just by being here in this physical time and space, we can speak God's will into this time and space, as the Lord prepares some Christians for different missions in life and stewardships of His Grace.

This simple idea first came to mind in college studying about how simple one or two or so word commands control a powerful computer to do the things commanded, since it recognizes the commands. How much more powerful is God than our lifeless electronic computerized devices as amazingly advanced as they are. But, it has to be guided Power. We can't just go out and randomly use it arbitrarily. The Power of God is truly dangerous, like 100,000 volts is dangerous, and we should be careful stewards of it.

The Power of God's love is the greatest of all! I realized this today for the first time in a long time that as Christians, we ARE loved by God, equally in the New Covenant. That was and is one of the main messages of the suffering Jesus endured in this life and at the end-- the extreme example of God's amazing Love and Mercy: He's trying to tell us every day, all through our lives with so many people. When we remember the Cross, we should bow our heads and say, "thank God--I am loved." And not dishonor the Cross by questioning God's honor.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Herald., I agree with some of the things you posted. Many people speak out their own defeat over and over eventually to their own demise. Matt.12:34b Out of abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
For out of the fullness (the overflow, the [SUP][a][/SUP]superabundance) of the heart the mouth speaks.

We talk about what we believe. And the more we believe things the more we voice it and the more we believe it. It's part of being human. What we say over and over matters because it tells what we truly believe in our hearts and what we believe matters. Words are important.

So important that we read and say and believe the words of God and not the words of men.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017

Because I am Australian and dwell in the land of the Holy Spirit

As to the weird and wonderful they tend to be limited to
the Christian channels on Foxtel.

I do apologise, we have spawned 'Hillsong' church but I believe
everything about them is the American way.
Certainly Brian Houston and others are multi-millionaires.

Not my cup of tea.
Sorry, friend, no land is the land of the Holy Spirit, because the earth is cursed.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Sorry, friend, no land is the land of the Holy Spirit, because the earth is cursed.
WRONG

"La Austrialia del Espiritu Santo"

Even though Captain Quiros had landed on an island in Vanuatu he thought that he had arrived
at the great unknown land of the south and thus
In the year 1606 Capt. Pedro Fernandez de Quiros gave the name “Australia del Espiritu Santo”
or literally “Southland of the Holy Spirit”.

In fact de Quiros’s actual proclamation was as follows:
“Let the heavens, the earth, the waters with all their creatures and all those present witness that I, Captain Pedro Fernandez de Quiros…..in the name of Jesus Christ ...... hoist this emblem of the Holy Cross on which His (Jesus Christ’s) person was crucified and whereon He gave His life for the ransom and remedy of all the human race….
on this Day of Pentecost, 14 May 1606….. I, take possession of all this part of the South as far as
the pole in the name of Jesus….
Which from now on shall be called the Southern land of the Holy Ghost.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com

the main island of Vanuatu is named by Quiros in 1606 - Espiritu Santo
and AUSTRALIA gets her name from Quiros' naming

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017
WRONG

Even though Captain Quiros had landed on an island in Vanuatu he thought that he had arrived
at the great unknown land of the south and thus
In the year 1606 Capt. Pedro Fernandez de Quiros gave the name “Australia del Espiritu Santo”
or literally “Southland of the Holy Spirit”.

In fact de Quiros’s actual proclamation was as follows:
“Let the heavens, the earth, the waters with all their creatures and all those present witness that I, Captain Pedro Fernandez de Quiros…..in the name of Jesus Christ ...... hoist this emblem of the Holy Cross on which His (Jesus Christ’s) person was crucified and whereon He gave His life for the ransom and remedy of all the human race….
on this Day of Pentecost, 14 May 1606….. I, take possession of all this part of the South as far as
the pole in the name of Jesus….
Which from now on shall be called the Southern land of the Holy Ghost.
Well, Juan Ponce de León called Florida the fountain of youth, but that didn't make it so, lol.:)

Feb 28, 2016
Here in the United States Waggles, we have many Christian churches that have gone into a major "religious" situation. We have left our first love and many Christian teachers are preaching a saved by works religion. This is where one gets saved because they receive Jesus by grace through faith but must maintain their salvation with their works.
=========================================================
shame on you joannie,

please show us one person who has proclaimed that they are 'saved by works'...
our 'works' come automatically along with our Love and Servitude for our Saviour...
get rid of your TV joanie, you have become 'brain=washed', little one...

'rearch the scripture daily, and you will find the mind of Christ'...