Philippians 2:10

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017

There is no shame or condemnation in Christ oldthenew. This is true based on the word of God. Romans 8:1-2

Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus.
[SUP]
2 [/SUP]For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.

It is the world..the flesh and the devil who condemns the believer and we believers should not be helping him by adding our own condemnation and sarcasm oldthenew. As far as your request to put names of people out there for condemnation? I do not hear the call and instruction from the Bible or from the Holy Spirit to condemn other Christians by name.

What I can say is many Christians as well as myself have in the past and some do so today., try to establish their own righteousness believing it to be the way to keep being saved and or keep being approved of God. After being saved by grace through faith many Christians have gone on to trying to establish their own righteousness instead of allowing Jesus to always and forever by their righteousness.

We Christians are called to look to Jesus not to self. Once we have Jesus we must seek to forever keep Jesus in the forefront of our minds despite the world...flesh and devil. Despite how much the world calls for our condemnation., despite how our flesh or other people's flesh calls us to condemn ourselves., and despite the lies of the devil who uses the lie of condemnation against us. Despite those 3 things that come at us daily in a million different ways we are to still and always look to Jesus who IS our righteousness.

Then we can stand strong because there is NO condemnation to those who are IN Christ Jesus. Amen! :)

Chester

May 23, 2016
To renounce poverty by the power of Jesus name? When he himself had no place to lay his head! And Paul: he knew how to be content with little or with much! As for myself, I believe in the power of God to do miracles. But He will not answer selfishness.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
To renounce poverty by the power of Jesus name? When he himself had no place to lay his head! And Paul: he knew how to be content with little or with much! As for myself, I believe in the power of God to do miracles. But He will not answer selfishness.

I understand your point Chester. I also have learned and now understand that Jesus became poor for us so we would have supply and not lack for anything.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]For you are becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His gracious generosity, His undeserved favor and spiritual blessing), [in] that though He was [so very] rich, yet for your sakes He became [so very] poor, in order that by His poverty you might become enriched (abundantly supplied). Amplified Bible
[SUP]

9 [/SUP]For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might become rich. New American Standard Bible

[SUP]9 [/SUP]For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. King James Bible

Being content is a wonderful place to be. Jesus has taken what I have and blessed me with more than I even could have asked. He is a generous Savior and Good Shepherd. When we trust Jesus to take care of us., we shall not lack. That is a promise given by Jesus Himself. Read Psalm 23 and be blessed.

[SUP]1 [/SUP]The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
[SUP]
2 [/SUP]He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
[SUP]
3 [/SUP]He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
[SUP]
4 [/SUP]Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
[SUP]
5 [/SUP]You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [SUP][a][/SUP]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
[SUP]
6 [/SUP]Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

I notice more and more that Jesus has given us these promises to live by today. Not for when we get to the sweet by and by but these promises are for us to remember and have in the sour here and now. We will not need to remember the promises of His provision when we get to heaven because we will be walking on streets of gold without having to remember it.

The Bible says that He prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies. There will be NO enemies in heaven so where are we when we are in the presence of enemies? Here on earth., in the here and now., in the sour here and now not in the sweet by and by.

We will not have to remember the promises of His love for us because our flesh will not be in the way anymore of our Spirit. Right now we need to make the daily choice what we will believe and where we will walk. We are called to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. But in heaven we won't have to make that choice like we do today. This believing in Jesus promises and walking them out is not selfish but it's walking by faith and not by sight. It's our calling Chester. Heb.11:1

Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [SUP][a][/SUP]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

7seasrekeyed

I understand your point Chester. I also have learned and now understand that Jesus became poor for us so we would have supply and not lack for anything.

totally delusional

it becomes easier to understand how people will fall for the greater delusion that is coming when they cannot even get the minor things right

Jesus did not become poor .... so we could become rich..Prince is a devious teacher of half truths and there is nothing more dangerous than that

unless you are a Christian in Egypt, Syria, many parts of Africa, often in Russia and frankly right in North America if you actually preach the truth, you can have anything you want and it's all about you

you sure can tell who Prince preaches at

the sad thing is, that as always, there is truth woven throughout the deception

so Jesus only died for

Last edited by a moderator:

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Sevenseas!!! ;)

I notice more and more that Jesus has given us these promises to live by today. Not for when we get to the sweet by and by but these promises are for us to remember and have in the sour here and now. We will not need to remember the promises of His provision when we get to heaven because we will be walking on streets of gold without having to remember it.

The Bible says that He prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies. There will be NO enemies in heaven so where are we when we are in the presence of enemies? Here on earth., in the here and now., in the sour here and now not in the sweet by and by.

We will not have to remember the promises of His love for us because our flesh will not be in the way anymore of our Spirit. Right now we need to make the daily choice what we will believe and where we will walk. We are called to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. But in heaven we won't have to make that choice like we do today. This believing in Jesus promises and walking them out is not selfish but it's walking by faith and not by sight. It's our calling. Heb.11:1

Last edited:

7seasrekeyed

right

so never mind any country but the ones that can afford to watch the Prince Regent on their big screen tvs

the more you try to excuse your delusion, the more you go off a cliff

try a beheading or two...just watch them while mouthing all the twisted scripture Prince blows out his rather fast talking yapper

you just goose stepped right past Christians under persecution...dying for their beliefs...and keep heading right for the gold streets

koo koo

wake up

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Sevenseas, The calling we have as believers and sons and heirs and joint heirs with Christ is to live by faith. Yes, to the unsaved and those who don't dare to believe ., do see it as "koo koo" But the Bible says we are a peculiar people after God's own heart. Hebrews 11:1 I especially like the way the Amplified Bible puts this verse.

Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [SUP][a][/SUP]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].

For sure our senses in the "natural" forbid us to think there is a Jesus who has saved us from all sin. That He would pay for the rotten sins we have committed because we were rotten sinners lost and hopeless. Our hearts were black and we could do no good thing to save ourselves. We deserved to die and go to hell. We deserved to be condemned.

How could God the Father send His lovely Son Jesus to come and pay for our sins AND our guilt and shame when He did no sin., had no evil thoughts or ideas or actions done to be ashamed of but was totally pure and beautiful? Why would He die for us? How can we believe such a thing?

We do it by faith in the love of God and the witness of the Holy Spirit and the Bible. John 3:16-17 God didn't send His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved.

[SUP]16 [/SUP]For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([SUP][a][/SUP]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.[SUP]
17 [/SUP]For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

And so the other promises after that in the Bible are also for all of us believers. Romans tells us all about what this salvation is about. We are supposed to think about these truths about our salvation remembering them. Sozo is a word full of meaning and we will be learning about our salvation for the rest of our lives as we learn about Jesus. Read Romans 8:32

[SUP]32 [/SUP]He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?

The other things here on earth are secondary but we do need to be taken care of and watched over and so the promises are for us today. Read again Psalm 23 that was posted previously. Our Good Shepherd promises to take care of us and we will not have any lack. Either we trust and believe Him or we don't.

[SUP]31 [/SUP]What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?]
[SUP]
32 [/SUP]He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things?
[SUP]
33 [/SUP]Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect [when it is] God Who justifies [that is, Who puts us in right relation to Himself? Who shall come forward and accuse or impeach those whom God has chosen? Will God, Who acquits us?]
[SUP]
34 [/SUP]Who is there to condemn [us]? Will Christ Jesus (the Messiah), Who died, or rather Who was raised from the dead, Who is at the right hand of God actually pleading as He intercedes for us?
[SUP]
35 [/SUP]Who shall ever separate us from Christ’s love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?
[SUP]
36 [/SUP]Even as it is written, For Thy sake we are put to death all the day long; we are regarded and counted as sheep for the slaughter.
[SUP]
37 [/SUP]Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors [SUP][a][/SUP]and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us.
[SUP]
38 [/SUP]For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things [SUP][b][/SUP]impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers,
[SUP]
39 [/SUP]Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]Therefore, since we are now justified ([SUP][f][/SUP]acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ’s blood, how much more [certain is it that] we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God.
[SUP]
10 [/SUP]For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin’s dominion) through His [[SUP][g][/SUP]resurrection] life.
[SUP]
11 [/SUP]Not only so, but we also rejoice and exultingly glory in God [in His love and perfection] through our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom we have now received and enjoy [our] reconciliation.

The Bible says tribulations come from the world / flesh / devil. We will get the tribulations but they come from those 3 places not from God. And in the promises we are given deliverance as we walk the path of faith. My path is not yours Sevenseas and vs/vs and the Bible tells us not to compare ourselves with ourselves or with others. The Bible says to keep our eyes on Jesus not on self or other people.

The promises are for all of us and learning to have faith in Christ is how we live and learn. Why some are delivered in one way or another is not for us to judge. We keep our eyes fixed on where God has put us and we live there... not in Africa if God has not placed us in Africa. Not in the Bahamas if God has not placed us in the Bahamas. We grow where we are planted.

If you put your eyes on other people and not on Christ there will be all kinds of misery and doubts and fears. But when we keep looking to Jesus., He promises to deliver and take care of His sheep as they go along in their walk of faith. And again., this is a choice only we ourselves personally can make about our walk with Christ. If you chose to look at others in the world, your neighborhood, on TV., that is your choice. I choose to look to Jesus when each trial and tribulation comes my way in this life and they will come., but Jesus has promised not to leave or forsake us and given so great a salvation (sozo)

7seasrekeyed

If you put your eyes on other people and not on Christ there will be all kinds of misery and doubts and fears. But when we keep looking to Jesus., He promises to deliver and take care of His sheep as they go along in their walk of faith. And again., this is a choice only we ourselves personally can make about our walk with Christ. If you chose to look at others in the world, your neighborhood, on TV., that is your choice. I choose to look to Jesus when each trial and tribulation comes my way in this life and they will come., but Jesus has promised not to leave or forsake us and given so great a salvation (sozo)
uh

that is why a good many here refute the teachings of Prince you espouse

we grow where we are planted?

well, tell that to the Christian refugees

I really didn't think you would be so cavalier in your response to the reality of global situations as pertains to your brothers and sisters in Christ

obviously, following Prince has put your eyes in the wrong direction

this thread needs to go into the history of infamy where the rest of the Prince 'devos' go, so pardon me for not responding to your pre-digested Prince pablum again

7seasrekeyed

My path is not yours Sevenseas
God wants EVERY Christian to be conformed to the image of His Son. in that sense, we should all have the same walk and be in agreement with scripture...ALL of it...not just the things WOFer's teach. I believe many have their reward right here on earth.

the Holy Spirit does not say one thing to one person and the opposite to another....so by that truth alone, some are following after doctrines of demons.

is it really the will of God to ignore persecuted Christians because all they have to do is say positive things?

nyhah...I don't think so. Really alarming that when you bring up this reality, you get told that tribulations come from the world and the rest of the triad of fast and easy answers

dilemma: how would Prince handle this situation? teach about name and claim?

just another reason why people who presume to know the Bible actually hurt others with their emphasis on God came to give me things

I pray God gives some the eyes to see the disturbing fake doctrine of God gives me everything I need because I parrot all the verses in the Bible that agree with me saying that

persecution IS going to catch up with this region of the world as well. then, you will actually HAVE to go to Jesus instead of Prince and those like him

Second, many USA Christians romanticize persecution. Ostensibly it will ennoble the church and will be an effective tool for evangelism. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church they sometimes like to say, ignoring that history is full of cultures whose churches were permanently destroyed by persecution. These Christians who romanticize persecution are of course not themselves exposed to persecution but living in relative privilege and comfort.
Third, some USA Christians equate the cause of religious liberty with the American domestic political right and thereby dismiss it. They also conflate overseas persecuted Christians with domestic USA religious liberty conflicts often involving LGBTQ. They ironically equate religious freedom with prejudice and discrimination. And they prioritize lifestyle freedom and advocacy over religious freedom and advocacy.
Fourth, many USA Christians believe Christians are selfish for prioritizing other Christians. Christians should not advocate specifically for adherents of their own faith. They should only advocate generically and universally for human rights for all people of all faiths or of no faith without distinctions. That Christians are globally the most persecuted religion does not typically register. They also lack any deep theology about the obligation that attaches to membership in the Body of Christ.
What are the obligations for members of the Body of Christ? We are all part of a single spiritual family whose Head is Christ. We are obligated to love and serve each other, sharing in each other’s sacrifices. This special love Christians are to have for each other is not selfish or exclusive of non Christians. Rather the love that Christians are to have for each other is to be a model and gift to the rest of the world, exemplifying the love that Christ has for all.
Some USA Christians are uncomfortable with the idea of special love and particular attachments, whether to church, or to family and marriage, or to nation. They think love can only be abstractly universal. But abstract love is no love at all. It must begin with particulars. Christians are called to love all persons but this universal affection is only possible by starting with the particular affections and regard we are to have, starting with love for our Lord and for His Church, especially for its suffering and persecuted members.
In Defense of Christians incarnates this particular love that we all should have for persecuted members of our family in the Middle East.

article

Last edited by a moderator:

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
[SUP]1 [/SUP]The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
[SUP]
2 [/SUP]He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
[SUP]
3 [/SUP]He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.
[SUP]
4 [/SUP]Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
[SUP]
5 [/SUP]You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [SUP][a][/SUP]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
[SUP]
6 [/SUP]Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Paul knew he had finished his course and run the race. He was ready to go be with the Lord. 2 Tim.4:7

[SUP]5 [/SUP]But be thou sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil thy ministry. [SUP]6 [/SUP]For I am already being [SUP][a][/SUP]offered, and the time of my departure is come. [SUP]7 [/SUP]I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith: [SUP]8 [/SUP]henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day; and not to me only, but also to all them that have loved his appearing.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Give diligence to come shortly unto me: [SUP]10 [/SUP]for Demas forsook me, having loved this present [SUP][b][/SUP]world, and went to Thessalonica; Crescens to [SUP][c][/SUP]Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia.

The Bible talks about how he made a choice Hebrews 11:35 talks about some interesting things the saints did according to their faith. Acts tells about many of the amazing things done through the disciples as the truth of the Gospel went forward. I believe many knew about coming things about the walk of faith given by the Holy Spirit before hand about coming tribulations here.

And that many desired to keep going in the faith. I'll post some of the verses for thoughts about how believers have choices throughout the ages concerning a better
resurrection. I'm still learning about what a better resurrection means but I'm thinking during such situations God calls certain people for certain jobs here.

[h=1]Hebrews 11:24-40American Standard Version (ASV)[/h] [SUP]24 [/SUP]By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter;

[SUP]25 [/SUP]choosing rather to share ill treatment with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

[SUP]26 [/SUP]accounting the reproach of [SUP][a][/SUP]Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt: for he looked unto the recompense of reward.

[SUP]27 [/SUP]By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

[SUP]28 [/SUP]By faith he [SUP][b][/SUP]kept the passover, and the sprinkling of the blood, that the destroyer of the firstborn should not touch them.

[SUP]29 [/SUP]By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were swallowed up.

[SUP]30 [/SUP]By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they had been compassed about for seven days.

[SUP]31 [/SUP]By faith Rahab the harlot perished not with them that were disobedient, having received the spies with peace.

[SUP]32 [/SUP]And what shall I more say? for the time will fail me if I tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah; of David and Samuel and the prophets:

[SUP]33 [/SUP]who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,

[SUP]34 [/SUP]quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness were made strong, waxed mighty in war, turned to flight armies of aliens.

[SUP]35 [/SUP]Women received their dead by a resurrection: and others were [SUP][c][/SUP]tortured, not accepting [SUP][d][/SUP]their deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

[SUP]36 [/SUP]and others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

[SUP]37 [/SUP]they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, they were tempted, they were slain with the sword: they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated

[SUP]38 [/SUP](of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves, and the holes of the earth.

[SUP]39 [/SUP]And these all, having had witness borne to them through their faith, received not the promise,

[SUP]40 [/SUP]God having [SUP][e][/SUP]provided some better thing concerning us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
God wants EVERY Christian to be conformed to the image of His Son. in that sense, we should all have the same walk and be in agreement with scripture...ALL of it...not just the things WOFer's teach. I believe many have their reward right here on earth.

the Holy Spirit does not say one thing to one person and the opposite to another....so by that truth alone, some are following after doctrines of demons.

is it really the will of God to ignore persecuted Christians because all they have to do is say positive things?

nyhah...I don't think so. Really alarming that when you bring up this reality, you get told that tribulations come from the world and the rest of the triad of fast and easy answers

dilemma: how would Prince handle this situation? teach about name and claim?

just another reason why people who presume to know the Bible actually hurt others with their emphasis on God came to give me things

I pray God gives some the eyes to see the disturbing fake doctrine of God gives me everything I need because I parrot all the verses in the Bible that agree with me saying that

persecution IS going to catch up with this region of the world as well. then, you will actually HAVE to go to Jesus instead of Prince and those like him

Second, many USA Christians romanticize persecution. Ostensibly it will ennoble the church and will be an effective tool for evangelism. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church they sometimes like to say, ignoring that history is full of cultures whose churches were permanently destroyed by persecution. These Christians who romanticize persecution are of course not themselves exposed to persecution but living in relative privilege and comfort.
Third, some USA Christians equate the cause of religious liberty with the American domestic political right and thereby dismiss it. They also conflate overseas persecuted Christians with domestic USA religious liberty conflicts often involving LGBTQ. They ironically equate religious freedom with prejudice and discrimination. And they prioritize lifestyle freedom and advocacy over religious freedom and advocacy.
Fourth, many USA Christians believe Christians are selfish for prioritizing other Christians. Christians should not advocate specifically for adherents of their own faith. They should only advocate generically and universally for human rights for all people of all faiths or of no faith without distinctions. That Christians are globally the most persecuted religion does not typically register. They also lack any deep theology about the obligation that attaches to membership in the Body of Christ.
What are the obligations for members of the Body of Christ? We are all part of a single spiritual family whose Head is Christ. We are obligated to love and serve each other, sharing in each other’s sacrifices. This special love Christians are to have for each other is not selfish or exclusive of non Christians. Rather the love that Christians are to have for each other is to be a model and gift to the rest of the world, exemplifying the love that Christ has for all.
Some USA Christians are uncomfortable with the idea of special love and particular attachments, whether to church, or to family and marriage, or to nation. They think love can only be abstractly universal. But abstract love is no love at all. It must begin with particulars. Christians are called to love all persons but this universal affection is only possible by starting with the particular affections and regard we are to have, starting with love for our Lord and for His Church, especially for its suffering and persecuted members.
In Defense of Christians incarnates this particular love that we all should have for persecuted members of our family in the Middle East.

article

​Again., you are obliged to believe what you want sevenseas. My walk is not yours. I live in America you live in Canada. You are married I'm not. I have many different gifts and callings that you don't and vs/vs. To say we have the same life is incorrect. All of us are to be conformed to the image of Christ but not all of us begin in the same place here on earth. Your reasoning is totally off IMO.

Some here have been abused as children and had to re learn what our heavenly Father is like because their own father who should have been of some kind of an example of security., gave them anything but. Many must go through the process of unlearning the bad things they were taught.

It's folly to say we are all the same with the same problems and same walk of faith. The Holy Spirit takes us where we are and walks us to where we need to go. My starting point is not the same as yours or anyone's for that matter.

We are individuals before God. He said we are each wondrously made and we will each see God personally not in a group of bystanders. To try and group everyone in a sort of Borg collective is again folly IMO. We each must accept Christ for ourselves one on ONE... there are no grandchildren in the household of faith.

No., we will not alll be the same because we all have the Holy Spirit. We are individuals and that is not taken away from us. Some are more emotional than others. Some are more "angry" and even cruel than others. Each one has to learn to allow Christ to live through them Gal.2:20 as they daily conform to His image. That is a "daily" job for each one of us to do "where we each are" Some Christians have big faith., some have small faith. Again., your reasoning is silly IMO.

You can make fun all you like. These are my beliefs gotten through many years of blessings and tribulations. Ups and downs of learning to get rid of my own ideas and adopting God's thoughts and ideas. This is indeed a process. To make fun of other Christians because they are not exactly like you is folly IMO.

We don't ignore our brothers and sisters in Christ., we pray for them., we support them., we help them in any way we can. We take the blessings God has given us and we bless them. We weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice.
Blessed to be a blessing. Being aware of our brethren in pain or in blessing is not the same as expecting God to put us in their situations for good or for bad. God has a situation for each of us already and it is the wise person who learns what that is and to walk it out. The foolish one tries to live someone else's Christian life and is never content but is always and will always be lacking.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2016
I don't know anything of this WoF stuff but I do know of the power
of true Pentecostal faith -

17 Believers will be given the power to perform miracles: they will drive out demons
in my name; they will speak in strange tongues;
18 if they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be harmed;
they will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well.
19 After the Lord Jesus had talked with them, he was taken up to heaven
and sat at the right side of God.
20 The disciples went and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with
them and proved that their preaching was true by the miracles that were performed.
Mark 16: GNB

Good on ya Joaniemarie - walk in faith and weary not in well doing.

You keep saying Pentecostal faith yet you must walk by sight before you will believe? The Jews performed that.I would be careful on how you hear what you hope God is saying.

We walk by the faith that alone comes from hearing God called prophecy. Signs are for those who walk by sight after the natural course of this world. The corrupted result of the fall.

What you offered is a parable .They hide the spiritual understanding from the lost. God is not served by human hands .Hands represent a will.

Find the spiritual meaning of drink any poison, you will not be harmed; men will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well. Distinguish between the things of God and those of men .

Its shown what happens when we do not try and distinguish the difference of the manner of spirits..(Things of God and those of men ) Or what happens when does not mix faith (Christ's) the unseen in what we do hear or see.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Mat 16:23

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
We don't ignore our brothers and sisters in Christ., we pray for them., we support them., we help them in any way we can. We take the blessings God has given us and we bless them. We weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice.
Blessed to be a blessing.

Being aware of our brethren in pain or in blessing is not the same as expecting God to put us in their situations for good or for bad. God has a situation for each of us already and it is the wise person who learns what that is and to walk it out. The foolish one tries to live someone else's Christian life and is never content but is always and will always be lacking.

Just to
reiterate this to you this truth sevenseas., being aware of our brethren and praying for them whether they be in pain or in blessing is NOT the same as expecting or questioning why and if God will or won't put us IN their situations for good or for bad. God has a situation (a plan) for each of us personally. And it's the wise Christian who learns what that is and walks it out for themselves in the power of the Holy Spirit.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
WRONG

"La Austrialia del Espiritu Santo"

Even though Captain Quiros had landed on an island in Vanuatu he thought that he had arrived
at the great unknown land of the south and thus
In the year 1606 Capt. Pedro Fernandez de Quiros gave the name “Australia del Espiritu Santo”
or literally “Southland of the Holy Spirit”.

In fact de Quiros’s actual proclamation was as follows:
“Let the heavens, the earth, the waters with all their creatures and all those present witness that I, Captain Pedro Fernandez de Quiros…..in the name of Jesus Christ ...... hoist this emblem of the Holy Cross on which His (Jesus Christ’s) person was crucified and whereon He gave His life for the ransom and remedy of all the human race….
on this Day of Pentecost, 14 May 1606….. I, take possession of all this part of the South as far as
the pole in the name of Jesus….
Which from now on shall be called the Southern land of the Holy Ghost.
and the earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof. :)

U

UnderGrace

This post reminds me of preacher on the street that I conversed with who kept telling me that I had to carry my cross and suffer hard daily otherwise I was not worthy to be counted as a disciple, and I had to live in self-denial to be sure of salvation.

He also told me I had to witness to each and every person I met so that I could live the life of a martyr.

Really, I do not know what possessed me to even listen to this preacher, although I will admit to for a short time being influenced by his jaded ideas. :(

I also know I was pretty miserable, I never felt more estranged from God than during that time period...so horrible I would not wish that on anybody. A constant feeling of guilt and condemnation.

Eventually I realized that there was something wrong with this line of thinking, it is almost the flip side of the prosperity gospel and I think is equally dangerous.

As well, I do not see that you are promoting prosperity as in material things but the spiritual prosperity that is found on the narrow path (grace and love) of Christ Jesus and His many blessings for us there.

Blessed to be a blessing.

Being aware of our brethren in pain or in blessing is not the same as expecting God to put us in their situations for good or for bad. God has a situation for each of us already and it is the wise person who learns what that is and to walk it out. The foolish one tries to live someone else's Christian life and is never content but is always and will always be lacking.

Just to
reiterate this to you this truth sevenseas., being aware of our brethren and praying for them whether they be in pain or in blessing is NOT the same as expecting or questioning why and if God will or won't put us IN their situations for good or for bad. God has a situation (a plan) for each of us personally. And it's the wise Christian who learns what that is and walks it out for themselves in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
You keep saying Pentecostal faith yet you must walk by sight before you will believe? The Jews performed that.I would be careful on how you hear what you hope God is saying.
We walk by the faith that alone comes from hearing God called prophecy. Signs are for those who walk by sight after the natural course of this world. The corrupted result of the fall.
What you offered is a parable .They hide the spiritual understanding from the lost. God is not served by human hands .Hands represent a will.
Find the spiritual meaning of drink any poison, you will not be harmed; men will place their hands on sick people, and these will get well. Distinguish between the things of God and those of men .

Its shown what happens when we do not try and distinguish the difference of the manner of spirits..(Things of God and those of men ) Or what happens when does not mix faith (Christ's) the unseen in what we do hear or see.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Mat 16:23
You know not what you write of.
These signs shall follow them that believe is confirmed in Acts and in
all the epistles.
It is the gospel, the faith and the doctrine of the church written of
in the New Testament.

Because you and others deny Pentecostal faith you spend all your
time denigrating and denying the truth of Mark 16 and Acts.

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation,
it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly
contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles
of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk
after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jude 1:

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
This post reminds me of preacher on the street that I conversed with who kept telling me that I had to carry my cross and suffer hard daily otherwise I was not worthy to be counted as a disciple, and I had to live in self-denial to be sure of salvation.

He also told me I had to witness to each and every person I met so that I could live the life of a martyr.

Really, I do not know what possessed me to even listen to this preacher, although I will admit to for a short time being influenced by his jaded ideas. :(

I also know I was pretty miserable, I never felt more estranged from God than during that time period...so horrible I would not wish that on anybody. A constant feeling of guilt and condemnation.

Eventually I realized that there was something wrong with this line of thinking, it is almost the flip side of the prosperity gospel and I think is equally dangerous.

As well, I do not see that you are promoting prosperity as in material things but the spiritual prosperity that is found on the narrow path (grace and love) of Christ Jesus and His many blessings for us there.

Hi UnderGrace., Very much agree with you and then some. The Gospel is the "GOOD NEWS" Yet many believers are living some major bad news because of a lack of discernment of who God is and what He thinks of us now. That He loves us so much He sent His Son Jesus., and then He loves us all along the way after that as beloved sons and daughters.,forever and ever here on earth and later into eternity.

Many Christians believe God for being saved and they are truly saved. But later as life begins to hit with tribulations., they can't understand where Jesus went and why they feel so hopeless. And so they fall into hopelessness and discouragement about what they thought God and Jesus were to them.

Many Christians stop right there and go back to their old way of "thinking" about God and themselves., never giving themselves over to the process of their minds being renewed. Instead they relate to God according to their human reasoning and "religiously" do their duty as they have always done in life. This is called establishing their own righteousness.

Eph.4:23 tells us how to move forward each day as loved sons... "and be CONSTANTLY renewed in the SPIRIT of your mind.. (a fresh mental and spiritual attitude) This is a daily action we are called to. Looking away from self and on to Jesus.

[SUP]22 [/SUP]Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion;
[SUP]
23 [/SUP]And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude],
[SUP]
24 [/SUP]And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God’s image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.
[SUP]
25 [/SUP]Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another.

When we "strip" ourselves of our former nature it means we learn about God's thoughts and God's ideas and ways. We open the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to do this. He is the Teacher and Guide and Comforter who always points us to Jesus. He WILL NOT force us to open the Bible and learn about Jesus and have faith in Jesus instead of our own thoughts and ideas.

That is done individually by each one of us as we relate to Him one on ONE. This truth is one many good and mature Christians don't understand as sevenseas has clearly shown here.

And that is why many have not gone on to walk in the Spirit daily so they can be enabled to NOT fulfill the old ways of their flesh mind and thinking. That is having a form of Godliness but denying the power of the Holy Spirit. They do not steal or commit adultery. Christians go to church on Sunday and Wed. and they are outwardly doing all the right things., but they are mean and angry inside and it comes out in many ways because the change they have is only skin deep not from the inside out where real change is done via the Spirit as He renews and changes our thinking.

Many will get Bible knowledge but not according to the Spirit. The Holy Spirit changes us (in process) of putting off a former way of thinking...from our old way to God's new way. Outward change is easier than the inward kind. But the inward kind will eventually change our outward behavior and free us from all kinds of problems we used to have. That is the power of the Holy Spirit working in us. The Spirit of life in Christ Jesus frees us from the law of sin and death. Rom.8:2

Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death.

Every born again believer can have this life because every one of us who have accepted Jesus and have Jesus are called to live out this new life in Him. It's the abundant life in Christ. It's joy and peace in the Holy Spirit. And it's why the JOY of the Lord is our strength.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
We each must accept Christ for ourselves one on ONE... there are no grandchildren in the household of faith.

Each one has to learn to allow Christ to live through them Gal.2:20 as they daily conform to His image. That is a "daily" job for each one of us to do "where we each are" Some Christians have big faith., some have small faith.

We don't ignore our brothers and sisters in Christ., we pray for them., we support them., we help them in any way we can.

Thank-you for taking the time to post all these helpful scriptures and insights--
:)

In the Bible there is Peter who was a leader, James and John, each had a different calling, beginning with fishing, and Paul and Matthew and Luke from a different angle-- and they all ended up as Royalty in the Christian sense

Last edited:

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Thank-you for taking the time to post all these helpful scriptures and insights--
:)

In the Bible there is Peter who was a leader, James and John, each had a different calling, beginning with fishing, and Paul and Matthew and Luke from a different angle-- and they all ended up as Royalty in the Christian sense

Hi Herald, thank you for the encouraging words too.
Yes, what you said is very true., God used each personality difference of the different writers of the Bible. Even though the whole Bible has only ONE Author and was written over a span of many years the message is the same. The Bible never contradicts itself. This is truly AMAZING.

The Holy Spirit used the differing personalities and gifts of each of those who penned the Scriptures. I remember someone told me how Luke used his knowledge of being a doctor as he wrote. The Holy Spirit didn't cancel out their individuality when He used them mightily. And that is soooo encouraging for us today. He uses us regular people to do supernatural things through.

"Christ in you the hope of glory." AMEN! Col.1:26-27

[SUP]26 [/SUP]even the mystery which hath been hid [SUP][a][/SUP]for ages and generations: but now hath it been manifested to his saints, [SUP]27 [/SUP]to whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2016
God is not a man as us and neither is there any daysman as a fleshly umpire set between man and God as an infallible interpreter...

He as the Son of man did become poor in a spiritual sense. But temporally appeared as one for 33 years(anthropomorphism)

Supernatural God (without nature a beginning) used attributes attributed to the creation.

When he left even though some men did know Him by his outward appearance. he inform us we know him that way no more forever more. We are instructed walk by faith the unseen (eternal)and not by sight as that seen (the temporal ).

2Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

He remains without mother or father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof, after the priestly order us Melchisedec.

When he the Son of God of his own free will took on the form of man as the Son of man it was for one time outward demonstration of the power of the Holy, the Spirit of Christ that dwelt in his body of death (corrupted) .

Again he was like us in so much as the body he lived in .Spiritual matters remained not seen as to the true power of his earthen body.

2Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

As the Son of man he lived by its corrupted restrictions. Having emptied himself of all deity he became poor as if he was spiritually bankrupt. It is in that way he became poor for a temporal time.

When called good he would say only God is good. He avoided all worship as to the which was seen and even hide himself .Giving all his wealth to those who did walk by faith the unseen eternal

2Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Therefore he fulfilled, the name/ authority of Jesus that did dwell in that corrupted flesh of the Son of man that every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Seeing he is the one who works to make it possible to bow or get under that authority .Some might murmur and desire to make the claim they moved their own self by a work they could do independently of Him making our burden light . But those are empty boasts .He either does all the work of salvation or he has done nothing.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.For it is
God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Do all things without murmurings and disputings: Phi 2:14 ..... An imputed righteousness

No man like the man in Mathew 7 or those who name and claim it will be found with a righteous of their own self.

We all need to quit murmuring at the which can bless us .