Phobias

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

As I write this, the Eagles (ahem SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ::coughcough::) are headed to out Art Museum as the end of a huge parade.

I live two blocks from parade route. I'm a huge fan. (Betcha couldn't tell, but I am.) I also over did the last couple of days, so couldn't go. BUT as I look at the crowds, I realize I couldn't go anyway. I have a strange case of claustrophobic. It's not sticking me in a closet that would do me in. Not even sticking me in a trunk that would do me i. (And stop enjoying that image of me in a trunk.) It's crowds! I feel panicky in huge crowds. Matter of fact, even watching it on TV has me a little bit hyper. (Not enough to not watch, but I feel like I've done 3-4 cans of Red Bull.)

My other phobia is creatures with more than 4 legs. (Includes bugs, spiders and centipedes/millipedes.)

So, make me feel better. What are your phobias?

I'll be happy to shoo away a clown for you, if you could shoo away a crowd for me. lol

N

NoNameMcgee

hmmmmmmmm

sharing a drink with someone else

(there is a story behind it)

Last edited by a moderator:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Did the frosted flake particles taste good? LOL

Feb 5, 2017
I suffer from butterphobia and cheesephobia

S

Stranger36147

I'm afraid of a lot of things. Throwing up, the dark and roaches just to name a few.

Sometimes I feel like I'm no more brave than Chuckie from Rugrats.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
I'm terrified of spiders and the ocean. I could never go on a cruise

D

Depleted

hmmmmmmmm

sharing a drink with someone else

(there is a story behind it)
Did that workplace-crawdad do bad things to your drink?

(Jut kidding with you. I know phobias aren't funny, but I keep remembering that wayward crawdad photo.)

N

NoNameMcgee

Did that workplace-crawdad do bad things to your drink?

(Jut kidding with you. I know phobias aren't funny, but I keep remembering that wayward crawdad photo.)
lol noooo

blue saw the story before i edited it out

it had to deal with an accidental waterbottle switch and frosted flake... uhhh

left overs

M

MissCris

Bees. Wasps. Yellow jackets. I bailed out of my car at a stop sign once because a yellow jacket flew in my window.

Cliffs and steep mountainsides, but only when I’m in the car. So...I’m unreasonably afraid of driving/rolling/sliding over the edge.
7568106E-EF74-47BF-B1A8-AC31FCE48D9A.jpeg

Not my photo- but Red Mountain Pass here in CO is basically my worst nightmare.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Spiders give me the creeps.....about the only thing in this walk of life that will seriously draw a squeal from me....that's no joke

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Snakes, they're evil creatures.

T

Tinuviel

I can deal with snakes, I fearlessly shoot weasels and little mousey creatures, I've picked up spiders barehanded before so I can kill them where it won't make grease spots, I have never met a bug I feared, but...I cannot, CANNOT, CAN NOT get anywhere near a frog/toad. Ugh! I can't handle the things, ever since the summer that they were everywhere and I killed one accidentally in a barefoot race...please don't imagine that any longer!

I am also scared of man-made heights. Scaffolding, skyscrapers, roofs, airplanes = terrible. Hills, mountains, treetops = thrilling.

T

Tinuviel

lol noooo

blue saw the story before i edited it out

it had to deal with an accidental waterbottle switch and frosted flake... uhhh

left overs
It is called backwash, and it is the reason you never share a water bottle with a 3-year-old :p. I am from a family who shares glasses and water bottles all the time, but only with some people...there is a sibling or two...I'll say no more lol.

D

Depleted

Bees. Wasps. Yellow jackets. I bailed out of my car at a stop sign once because a yellow jacket flew in my window.

Cliffs and steep mountainsides, but only when I’m in the car. So...I’m unreasonably afraid of driving/rolling/sliding over the edge.
View attachment 178418

Not my photo- but Red Mountain Pass here in CO is basically my worst nightmare.
I hope you put the car in park before bailing out. lol

D

Depleted

Spiders give me the creeps.....about the only thing in this walk of life that will seriously draw a squeal from me....that's no joke
Manly squeal, not girly squeal, right? lol

(And that was a joke.)

D

Depleted

I can deal with snakes, I fearlessly shoot weasels and little mousey creatures, I've picked up spiders barehanded before so I can kill them where it won't make grease spots, I have never met a bug I feared, but...I cannot, CANNOT, CAN NOT get anywhere near a frog/toad. Ugh! I can't handle the things, ever since the summer that they were everywhere and I killed one accidentally in a barefoot race...please don't imagine that any longer!

I am also scared of man-made heights. Scaffolding, skyscrapers, roofs, airplanes = terrible. Hills, mountains, treetops = thrilling.
I'm terrified of spiders, yet will not kill them, because they kill things I hate more -- bugs.

As for barefoot races? Yeah, found a slug on my basement steps the hard way -- bare foot. I get the ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew of that.

And I have my own weird-version of heights too. Climbing a step stool or ladder terrifies me. I have to be far from the railing if I'm walking through a mall with a second floor and can see down into the first floor. But jets? No fear of heights way up there. "It's not real."

D

Depleted

It is called backwash, and it is the reason you never share a water bottle with a 3-year-old :p. I am from a family who shares glasses and water bottles all the time, but only with some people...there is a sibling or two...I'll say no more lol.
Hmmm, might be why the flu circles around.

John and I won't even share the same toothpaste, because the tip of the tube touches the toothbrush every time.

And yet, we have no problems letting the other one finish the food with our utensils.... or snogging. lol

T

Tinuviel

Hmmm, might be why the flu circles around.

John and I won't even share the same toothpaste, because the tip of the tube touches the toothbrush every time.

And yet, we have no problems letting the other one finish the food with our utensils.... or snogging. lol
The funny thing is, the sister I share the glass with most often hasn't gotten sick, and a bunch of random non-glass-sharers have. Go figure ;)

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
As I write this, the Eagles (ahem SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS ::coughcough::) are headed to out Art Museum as the end of a huge parade.

I live two blocks from parade route. I'm a huge fan. (Betcha couldn't tell, but I am.) I also over did the last couple of days, so couldn't go. BUT as I look at the crowds, I realize I couldn't go anyway. I have a strange case of claustrophobic. It's not sticking me in a closet that would do me in. Not even sticking me in a trunk that would do me i. (And stop enjoying that image of me in a trunk.) It's crowds! I feel panicky in huge crowds. Matter of fact, even watching it on TV has me a little bit hyper. (Not enough to not watch, but I feel like I've done 3-4 cans of Red Bull.)

My other phobia is creatures with more than 4 legs. (Includes bugs, spiders and centipedes/millipedes.)

So, make me feel better. What are your phobias?

I'll be happy to shoo away a clown for you, if you could shoo away a crowd for me. lol
Humm cool question. I have been thinking for the past hour or two , do I have any phobias? Yes I do like everyone have rational fears I just can’t think of a phobia. Not something I have been racking my head over . It just got me to wondering. Still I can’t think of one . This has me concerned. Is there a phobia of not having a phobia? Now if I realize I have a phobia of not having a phobia am I cured or better said am I better or am I at square one ?
Blessings
Bill