Phobias

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
falling

jumping things (toads, frogs, crickets, grasshoppers and those gross jumping spiders. ewwwww)

one of those is irrational. let the reader decide.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I'm terrified of spiders and the ocean. I could never go on a cruise
because being trapped on a ship in the middle of the ocean with a bunch of strangers is just a bad idea. lol

D

Depleted

Humm cool question. I have been thinking for the past hour or two , do I have any phobias? Yes I do like everyone have rational fears I just can’t think of a phobia. Not something I have been racking my head over . It just got me to wondering. Still I can’t think of one . This has me concerned. Is there a phobia of not having a phobia? Now if I realize I have a phobia of not having a phobia am I cured or better said am I better or am I at square one ?
Blessings
Bill

D

Depleted

falling

jumping things (toads, frogs, crickets, grasshoppers and those gross jumping spiders. ewwwww)

one of those is irrational. let the reader decide.
How are you with someone on a pogo stick?

D

Depleted

because being trapped on a ship in the middle of the ocean with a bunch of strangers is just a bad idea. lol
...or with a single spider on that ship!

Feb 28, 2016
once we accept Christ, He will eventually help us to 'over-come' ALL of our fears...
it can take quite a while, but His Will, will be done in our lives if we choose His ways,
as He teaches us to master what the world burdens us with and tries to destroy our
'victories' that Christ makes available to us...it takes work, but we will prevail as we
hold onto our Saviour's hand, along and along through our journey...

3Scoreand10

High places, like one foot off the ground.
But what terrifies me the most is to stand before any group, large or small , and speak to them.
I have had to do this most of my life, and it still terrifies me.

U

Ugly

Heights. Unfamiliar dogs. Needles.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
How are you with someone on a pogo stick?
:D if it's me, not good because, falling. (i do that well :p)

if it's you, you're getting a standing-o from me. lol

stand2

Dec 6, 2017
OK Dep......I'll bite........what is snogging ? In all my travels I have never heard this expression. For me..........Spiders...........definitely........spiders.

D

Depleted

OK Dep......I'll bite........what is snogging ? In all my travels I have never heard this expression. For me..........Spiders...........definitely........spiders.
Travels? I learned it from the Harry Potters series. Didn't have to travel anywhere. lol

Snogging = necking = prolong kissing of the romantic nature. (Unless someone has the flu, in which case, not so romantic anymore. Messy. lol)

D

Depleted

:D if it's me, not good because, falling. (i do that well :p)

if it's you, you're getting a standing-o from me. lol
I could only get one po- out of a pogo stick. But, I didn't fall. I jumped. lol

J

joefizz

Travels? I learned it from the Harry Potters series. Didn't have to travel anywhere. lol

Snogging = necking = prolong kissing of the romantic nature. (Unless someone has the flu, in which case, not so romantic anymore. Messy. lol)
Thank you I now have a phobia of kissing a female and her sneezing at the same time.

J

joefizz

Actually in all seriousness I have I guess a bit of a phobia with being revealing in any possible way,except for my arms,(for some reason I don't mind showing my arms nowadays)even in school when dressing out for gym I wore clothes under my clothes instead of using a locker,one of the reasons that despite thinking of joining some sports the whole locker room deal "terrifies me".

J

joefizz

I have a phobia of swimming in the ocean and in lakes.

J

joefizz

My worst phobia perhaps is being "non existent" or "destroyed body and soul".

notmyown

May 26, 2016
I have a phobia of swimming in the ocean and in lakes.
my son (30) also dislikes the ocean because sharks and riptides. he's not a strong swimmer, so riptides i get, but sharks seems a little over the top to me. but then, he's not afraid of falling. lol

last summer he made his first trip to the midwest, and he called to tell me how great Lake Michigan is. it made me laugh because i spent summers at that lake all my growing up years, so i kinda knew that. ;)

the vastness of the ocean without the worries, he said. so, Joseph, why lakes for you?

D

Depleted

my son (30) also dislikes the ocean because sharks and riptides. he's not a strong swimmer, so riptides i get, but sharks seems a little over the top to me. but then, he's not afraid of falling. lol

last summer he made his first trip to the midwest, and he called to tell me how great Lake Michigan is. it made me laugh because i spent summers at that lake all my growing up years, so i kinda knew that. ;)

the vastness of the ocean without the worries, he said. so, Joseph, why lakes for you?
The summer Jaws came out, we went to Canada to go fishing in a fresh water lake. We also swam in that lake, (and bathed, since there were no bathrooms.)

Did you know it is just as easy to convince many people to get out of a lake in a hurry if you yell "Carp!" in the same way people yell, "Shark!"?