Phone scam

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilo

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2011
1,985
108
63
Phone scam

A recorded voice cut into a phone call between my son and me. The voice said I was out of minutes and needed to give them a prepaid phone card number or a credit card number. I have unlimited minutes so I hung up on them. I called the Police they said there was nothing they could do because the calls come from overseas and they change their numbers all the time.
 
Thats just odd. Cutting into a call is very unusual. Id suggest you look at the apps you have on the phone that have rendered you vulnerable. Who is your carrier?
 
I have AT&T, I only have 9 apps and have had all of them for about a year nothing new.
 
Sometimes they 'update' their privacy policies to become more invasive.