Piercings and Tattoos?

• Thread starter tryingtofindhim
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Piercing or tattoo?

• Piercing

Votes: 36 20.6%
  • tattoo

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • neither

Votes: 81 46.3%
  • both

Votes: 31 17.7%

• Total voters
H

hislastwalk

I agee 100%. This is a topic you have to settle directly with God yourself. We are to seek a continual, growing, loving, and personal relationship with our Father. This is unique for every individual, sure you can get help from the Bible and other Christians, but the final decision of if it glorifies God or not will be decided by you and the Holy Spirit (God).

I understand most people do not respect tattoos and piercings. But Mr. conservative in his suit will have a hard time trying to get the biker, street kid, etc... to listen to him talk about anything, especially Jesus. It takes someone who has walked in these types of shoes before andthen found the great and wonderful joy of living for Jesus. Most of the time we have tattoos or peircings.

I have 3 tattoos from my wild and crazy days when I lived for the world. I do not think I would get another one, but you would have to kill me in order to get me to remove them. They are part of my Testimony, they are scars of the old me. Without them, I would not be who I am today ... A Child of GOD!!!

It took a few years, but I can now stand on my past. This is one of the ways I try to glorify God. I am no longer ashamed of this time period in my life. I have been forgiven.
I don't want any tattoos, except for one on my wrists that say "Broken Chains"
and I want gauges, but that's all.

C

chimakara

i got a few simple arm tattoos and tats on my knuckles that say "Have hope", and I got 3 cm gauges

H

Helloimandrewyo

i have had 14 piercings and i have 4 tattoos.

about to start laying down some sleeves.

O

Outcast4God

I have my ears pierced and plan on getting a tatoo........ but I plan for that to be a witness to others. Either a Bible verse or something like that.

J

jesusnme

ive only got the ears and navel......dont think ill get anymore. :) i def dont think ill get a tattoo..... everything thats important to me is in my heart i dont need it inked on me <3

J

jessie_wiggles

yep - both ungodly
-firsty were u born with holes in ur ears and illistrations on ur body?
-no
-y?
-God obviously didnt want them there - if he wanted them there, their firstly would be a good example in the bible, and secondally he would have amde u born with them.

Your body is not you own

you dont own ur body

has God himself given you permishion to graffiet ur body or punch holes in it?
-no

therefore ungodly:)
I have multiple piercings and tattoos. I don't find them ungodly at all. If God didn't want them on your body wouldn't that be stated somewhere in the bible? I haven't ever seen it said that they are ungodly and if they don't describe something bad or morally incorrect then I don't see a problem with them.

J

jessie_wiggles

I have multiple piercings and tattoos. I don't find them ungodly at all. If God didn't want them on your body wouldn't that be stated somewhere in the bible? I haven't ever seen it said that they are ungodly and if they don't describe something bad or morally incorrect then I don't see a problem with them.
actually I was wrong I see it in the OLD testament.

H

hislastwalk

actually I was wrong I see it in the OLD testament.
It wasn't talking about piercing s and tattoos like we have today. After all, Jesus is gonna have "king of kings" tattood on his leg.

J

jessie_wiggles

Yeah i know i don't think there is anything with tattoos or piercings i had my lips pierced and i have 3 tattoos, and 4 ear piercings.

M

misscathy

hey

i done all my piercing myself i have 3 studs in each ear and im getting a tattoo on my wrist of poker cards
i think tattoos are awesome looking and so is piercings

B

burksnathan

I am not a Christian.
I am a follower of Christ.
Jesus didn't say
"Drop everything and follow me... IF you don't have piercings, tattoo's, or dress differently than most do."
That's not what Christ is about.
While I think it's silly to get tattoo's with no meaning, that doesn't mean that you can't have them at all.
The extremist and elitist Holier than thou Christians will tell you it's wrong, but what evidence do they have to back it up?
Levitical law?
We're under the NEW COVENANT people.
Jesus died so that we don't have to follow the laws of the old testament.
I don't have either, but I will get a few tattoos.
It's my body that God gave me, and the Holy Spirit lives inside of me.
I figure people who got tattoos when they were unsaved and have been saved are unforgivable? Salvation isn't only for those "without blemish" as you would probably call them, it is for EVERYONE.
I've just about had it with these close minded, judgmental bashers who won't let someone do anything their way without calling it ungodly.
You tell me,
Is having a tattoo ungodly?
Or is judging, accusing, and claiming someones act to be an abomination through an internet forum what Jesus would want you to do?
NO.
He wants you to love unconditionally, like he does.
Jesus doesn't care if you have tattoos. He loves you no matter what.

L

loliyap

i used..to have alot of body pierece

L

loliyap

i used..to have alot of body pierece 15 in ears, 1 lip ring, 1 nosepin, 1belly ring & planning to have a tattoo.. in my thigh,, but i think it wont matter as long as your heart is faithful in GOD..

K

Kooper

I wouldn't mind having one. Maybe a bible verse or something. But currently I don't got any.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2010
Just put in the second piercings in both my lobes a few days ago. And I have a heart on my ankle with the words, "Heal her soul, Carry her my angel," from the song "Carry Me Ohio," by Sun Kil Moon lol.

Sep 5, 2009
Like messed up!!! Why would anyone want holes all over their face? It may be cool now, but what about like when you're 40 and it's not so cool?
When you are 40 you can always say, that is something i did when i was young. ;)

Aug 8, 2010
and.. just because you get older doesn't mean your piercings HAVE to come out, I never did it to be cool so if it became uncool I'd be just fine

Jul 24, 2010
Like messed up!!! Why would anyone want holes all over their face? It may be cool now, but what about like when you're 40 and it's not so cool?
3 words that can be a valid excuse for almost any behavior. "It was college..."

Used to be 4 words, "It was the 60's," but most of the people in here, including myself, can't say they were around then.

H

HearOhIsreal

Romans 14:1-4

1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

^

This same logic can be applied to people with tattoos/piercings and people with none. Do not judge your fellow brother/sister. The one who has tattoos/piercings must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one without tattoos/piercings must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

Blessings

R

RPB

have peircings in my ears. n soon will b getting a verse tattood on my hand. if u do it for the glory of god. i guess its a pretty cool thing.. personally. i dunno what others think.. but... i really dont think its a sin or anything unacceptable to god. as long as its all "good stuff" :)