Plan of Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That is interesting, i think i goes along with this:

Colossians 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

And with JESUS' Word being Life:

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

So Faith has something to do with your Reborn Image and spirit.

So is someone sinning displaying they have Faith? i don't think so.

i think we are seeing the formula to use CHRIST'S Blood.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
there you are brother I was wondering where you been today 😀

we usually always find agreement in scripture

see how this fits with what you said there

Believing the gospel does this

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭

“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it’s about letting the gospel in so that he can fill us up with the spirit on our mind and heart then things like lust , pride , greed , hate , malice , jealousy , ect all those motivations that are why we sin throne thkngs are corrected and “ circumcised “ as we let in the gospel and it begins to runneth over and flow oit of our heart in our deeds

honestly with God as my witness it changed my life and broke bonds I struggled with for many years when I let go and let Jesus fill my heart by the gospel word ot really became an effort to keep focused on him and he has Dona a work in me and still does each day to say changed my core

We commit sin because our hearts are flawed we allow grudge bearing and hold thkngs against people but think of it if I have a grudge I’m probably gonna sin against the person of I don’t …..why would I take revenge or offend them in response ?

if I don’t allow listful thiughts tonckntrol
My mind and I recognize and cast them out like Jesus teaches I’m never going to commit any sexually immoral sins because I don’t allow it to dwell in my mind and heart I have shepherd telling me not to written in there

we sin because of what we allow in to our heart if we let the gospel in his word takes away all the motives eh to are why we sin ant all

I covet and it leads to sin , I lust it leads me to sin , I hate someone I’m probably gonna treat them wrong somehow I hold a grudge I’m prolly gonna speak against or act against the person I am greedy so I’ll do anything for money even be dishonest or steal it

it’s the inner thkngs that bind us and so it’s the truth of the inner things that frees us

“(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

strong holds are inside of us where the gospel is focused God bless and keep you your truly loved in Christ brother

Jan 21, 2021
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That is interesting, i think It goes along with this:

Colossians 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

And with JESUS' Word being Life and Spirit:

John 6:63
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

So Faith has something to do with your Reborn Image and spirit.

So is someone sinning displaying they have Faith? i don't think so.

i think we are seeing the formula to use CHRIST'S Blood.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
So wait, does that mean the Reborn Image is Baptism (Water)?

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So wait, does that mean the Reborn Image is Baptism (Water)?

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
baptism comes after you believe the gospel it’s to believe the gospel and get baptized

water baptism for remission and spirit baptism through belief of his word . That’s just my own thinking though as all of my words are not an authority just a guy who loves Jesus and studies a lot because of my situation currently

hear and believe he things Jesus saiid and get baptized because of what he said see if we don’t realize baptisms function and importance from hearing about it why would we get baptized ?

but if we hear about baptism for remission of sins and believe forst who wouldn’t go get baptized ?

it’s faith when we hear foret and believe d that leads to our action that fulfills faith. “ believe and get baptized and you’ll be saved said Jesus “ ok said the believer “

like this

“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:36-39,

see if they hadn’t heard about baptism and listened to him preaching the gospel beforehand there they wouldn’t have ever gotten baptized because they wouldn’t have had the faith to do so

hearing and believing the gospel leads somewhere amazing

Jan 21, 2021
“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Wow, this needs added into the group of Scripture. There is something big here.

Jan 21, 2021
baptism comes after you believe the gospel it’s to believe the gospel and get baptized

water baptism for remission and spirit baptism through belief of his word . That’s just my own thinking though as all of my words are not an authority just a guy who loves Jesus and studies a lot because of my situation currently

hear and believe he things Jesus saiid and get baptized because of what he said see if we don’t realize baptisms function and importance from hearing about it why would we get baptized ?

but if we hear about baptism for remission of sins and believe forst who wouldn’t go get baptized ?

it’s faith when we hear foret and believe d that leads to our action that fulfills faith. “ believe and get baptized and you’ll be saved said Jesus “ ok said the believer “

like this

“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:36-39,

see if they hadn’t heard about baptism and listened to him preaching the gospel beforehand there they wouldn’t have ever gotten baptized because they wouldn’t have had the faith to do so

hearing and believing the gospel leads somewhere amazing
Yeah, i don't think JESUS meant literal water for describing how to get into The Kingdom. But a form of Baptism none the less.

The Kingdom is now ...so this is important. We need Reborn as a Child of GOD to enter The Kingdom. You need His Image to be a Child.

May 22, 2020
I saw baptism and other things I did not see the plan of salvation I saw the term used in scripture for those who are already said. Baptism doesn't save me I am baptized because I am saved.

Well...you are wrong.
If you are not baptized you are not ...born again...and you will not qualify for eternal salvation.
Therefore you will not be saved.

Jan 21, 2021
Is It saying you need Reborn symbolically in the flesh and mind to be in The Image of The Last Adam? i think the issue is that people don't realize they have to uphold It ...you can't just tell yourself "...oh, JESUS will cover my repeated sins". Because you wouldn't be in His Image anymore. And if you are not using His Image ...you are not using His Blood.

Mar 4, 2020
According to Joes, Acts, and Romans - calling on the name of the Lord is a valid path to salvation.

In Joel 2:23, the name of the Lord that needs to be called upon is a Hebrew name pronounced like yehôvâh. Many people say this is the name of God.

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

Joel 2:23
32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Acts 2:21
21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:13
13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

May 22, 2020
According to Joes, Acts, and Romans - calling on the name of the Lord is a valid path to salvation.

In Joel 2:23, the name of the Lord that needs to be called upon is a Hebrew name pronounced like yehôvâh. Many people say this is the name of God.

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Acts 2:21
21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Romans 10:13
13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

what is your def. of ...call upon the name of the Lord...?

Jan 21, 2021
Repeated sin corrupts your Reborn Image because you fell for satan's comforting lie that it would still be covered. Seriously, how do you think you are Holy when you doing something in the beast's image? You can't be on The Plan of SALVATION unless you are in the Right Image.

Jan 21, 2021
The Plan of SALVATION is for you to be in The Image of The Last Adam on The Cross!!!

Mar 4, 2020
what is your def. of ...call upon the name of the Lord...?
From what I can see from Joel 2:23, one needs to call out to the name of God and asked to be saved. God can see who is calling out in genuine, sincere, faith and who isn't.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
OK, well, some really good stuff here. I'm going to start compiling it and bounce it against my normal plan and see if I can improve on it. It has to be concise, as I must be able to paste it in the back of the Bibles I give out. But I may try and do two pages with space to tape in the pocket magnifiers. We'll see.

Meanwhile keep the suggestions coming if you think you can help. Besides, this can hopefully help more folks than just me.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
From what I can see from Joel 2:23, one needs to call out to the name of God and asked to be saved. God can see who is calling out in genuine, sincere, faith and who isn't.
???

“Be glad, O children of Zion,
and rejoice in the Lord your God,
for he has given the early rain for your vindication;
he has poured down for you abundant rain,
the early and the latter rain, as before.

Mar 4, 2020
???

“Be glad, O children of Zion,
and rejoice in the Lord your God,
for he has given the early rain for your vindication;
he has poured down for you abundant rain,
the early and the latter rain, as before.
Doh! my apologies. I meant Joel 2:32

Joel 2:32 KJV

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
Meanwhile, here is what I am starting with:

PLAN OF SALVATION

1. Salvation is not about religion, it is about relationship. You must
recognize that your sins have separated you from a relationship
with God: Isaiah 59:1-2 (689)

2. Salvation itself is pretty simple. You renounce all other Gods, all
religious affiliations that have a hold on your life, and make a
covenant with the God of Israel to worship and obey Him, and Him
alone. This was best exemplified by Ruth when she agreed to go to
Israel with Naomi: Ruth 1:15-16 (247)

Ruth had been married to Naomi’s son, who died, so she knew what
she was agreeing to in making the God of Israel her God. But let’s go
through and take a look at some principles of salvation from scripture:

3. Understand that you are a sinner: Romans 3:23 (1042)

4. Good deeds cannot redeem you: Isaiah 64:6 (695)

5. The punishment for sins is eternal death: Romans 6:23 (1044)
But as it says, you can also have the gift of eternal life.

6. Jesus suffered and died for our sins, but rose the 3rd day:
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (1063)

7. You must repent of your sins: Acts 3:19 (1009)

8. Ask Jesus to come into your life as Savior: John 14:6 (1) (998)

9. Be obedient to His commandments: John 14:15 (2) (998)

10. God is faithful to save those who come to Him:
Joel 2:32a (850)
Zephaniah 3:17 (878)

11. True trust and faith will encourage you in obedience to God’s
word: Isaiah 30:15a,b (658)

Pause to Pray
(general guidelines, NOT a rote prayer):
If you repent and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life, and believe He being
God was crucified to atone for your sins, and He rose alive on the third
day, you will be saved. A simple, heartfelt prayer is all it takes:
- admit you are a sinner
- ask forgiveness and turn from sin to a holy God (repentance)
- accept Jesus as your personal savior, asking Him into your lif
- be willing to obey, trusting Him as Lord of your life
---ask for guidance of His Holy Spirit that you may be set apart to Him
---you should want to follow Jesus in baptism as an act of obedience
Note: this is not a "sinners prayer" to be read off a list. It is just guidelines.
Simply crying out from the heart "Lord be merciful to me a sinner" is enough.

12. Baptism is an outward sign of an inward condition. Even Jesus, who
had no sin was baptized, a statement of His obedience and His
heart condition: Mark 1:9-11 (927)

The parenthesis are page numbers so those not familiar with the Bible can easily find the scriptures. I also put the bookmarks in the first page (689). Then I write the next page number to go to next to the pge no at the top. Makes it easier. I highlight the page number and the verse to be read so there is no confusion. That way everyone is looking at the same verses.

Another consideration is I tried to not use more than one reference per page. The only exception is on page 998, and these two references come one after the other. Makes it easy to separate the verses when witnessing. Note the (1) and (2) next to the page number. I write that above the scriptures so they are further distinguishable.

Critiques welcomed. Telling me I am a heretic and going to Hell, not so much. Won't even respond. I'll let you know what (if anything) I change.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
So, i'm evil for telling you to form to CHRIST'S Image? What in the world is going on with you people?
Please STOP these terrible posts! And to think I started it!

Of course you are not judged by me as evil. To listen to Christ within so we live for Christ is taught by many here. Objecting to judging people was what started this, I agree to living for Christ and led by Christ. I only disagree with judging others.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Any person that is trusting in what they do or do not do for eternal life will surely have it it hell.
May God have mercy on you.
Have you noticed that God is a God of balance, never of extremes. God tells us to obey him, and this is to "do". In the four gospels there is no word telling us to be very careful that what we do is not to earn salvation, The Lord wrote those four books without once telling us to be careful about our doing. Yet it is truth that we can never be like gods so we are perfect or can earn salvation. It is a matter of balance.

But knowing this truth should never keep us from obeying the Lord when God tells us to obey Him.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Meanwhile, here is what I am starting with:

PLAN OF SALVATION

1. Salvation is not about religion, it is about relationship. You must
recognize that your sins have separated you from a relationship
with God: Isaiah 59:1-2 (689)

2. Salvation itself is pretty simple. You renounce all other Gods, all
religious affiliations that have a hold on your life, and make a
covenant with the God of Israel to worship and obey Him, and Him
alone. This was best exemplified by Ruth when she agreed to go to
Israel with Naomi: Ruth 1:15-16 (247)

Ruth had been married to Naomi’s son, who died, so she knew what
she was agreeing to in making the God of Israel her God. But let’s go
through and take a look at some principles of salvation from scripture:

3. Understand that you are a sinner: Romans 3:23 (1042)

4. Good deeds cannot redeem you: Isaiah 64:6 (695)

5. The punishment for sins is eternal death: Romans 6:23 (1044)
But as it says, you can also have the gift of eternal life.

6. Jesus suffered and died for our sins, but rose the 3rd day:
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (1063)

7. You must repent of your sins: Acts 3:19 (1009)

8. Ask Jesus to come into your life as Savior: John 14:6 (1) (998)

9. Be obedient to His commandments: John 14:15 (2) (998)

10. God is faithful to save those who come to Him:
Joel 2:32a (850)
Zephaniah 3:17 (878)

11. True trust and faith will encourage you in obedience to God’s
word: Isaiah 30:15a,b (658)

Pause to Pray
(general guidelines, NOT a rote prayer):
If you repent and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life, and believe He being
God was crucified to atone for your sins, and He rose alive on the third
day, you will be saved. A simple, heartfelt prayer is all it takes:
- admit you are a sinner
- ask forgiveness and turn from sin to a holy God (repentance)
- accept Jesus as your personal savior, asking Him into your lif
- be willing to obey, trusting Him as Lord of your life
---ask for guidance of His Holy Spirit that you may be set apart to Him
---you should want to follow Jesus in baptism as an act of obedience
Note: this is not a "sinners prayer" to be read off a list. It is just guidelines.
Simply crying out from the heart "Lord be merciful to me a sinner" is enough.

12. Baptism is an outward sign of an inward condition. Even Jesus, who
had no sin was baptized, a statement of His obedience and His
heart condition: Mark 1:9-11 (927)

The parenthesis are page numbers so those not familiar with the Bible can easily find the scriptures. I also put the bookmarks in the first page (689). Then I write the next page number to go to next to the pge no at the top. Makes it easier. I highlight the page number and the verse to be read so there is no confusion. That way everyone is looking at the same verses.

Another consideration is I tried to not use more than one reference per page. The only exception is on page 998, and these two references come one after the other. Makes it easy to separate the verses when witnessing. Note the (1) and (2) next to the page number. I write that above the scriptures so they are further distinguishable.

Critiques welcomed. Telling me I am a heretic and going to Hell, not so much. Won't even respond. I'll let you know what (if anything) I change.
All of this is so good to know, it is part of our maturity in the Lord. But Christ was a very practical man and Christ could cut to the chase. Christ said to repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

That covers it all. We are not to be led by the kingdoms of the world but turn from that with repentance, with our will, and live in the kingdom of heaven. The first requirement of that kingdom is to be sinless, so the first act we are to do as we repent if to clear out our sin with God's forgiveness. Now we are saved, we can devote our lives to living in this kingdom.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Well...you are wrong.
If you are not baptized you are not ...born again...and you will not qualify for eternal salvation.
Therefore you will not be saved.
Please show me in the word of God where it says I am not saved if I am not baptized?.