Plan of Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
All of this is so good to know, it is part of our maturity in the Lord. But Christ was a very practical man and Christ could cut to the chase. Christ said to repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

That covers it all. We are not to be led by the kingdoms of the world but turn from that with repentance, with our will, and live in the kingdom of heaven. The first requirement of that kingdom is to be sinless, so the first act we are to do as we repent if to clear out our sin with God's forgiveness. Now we are saved, we can devote our lives to living in this kingdom.
Yes, I tend to stress repentance when I witness, including when talking through my PoS. That's why I start out with Ruth's statement. She turned away from everything she knew to go with Naomi, knowing full well what and WHO she was going to. That is a picture of repentance: leaving everything behind to follow the God of Israel. She didn't just follow Naomi out of Moab, she followed God out of sin. Then when I get to:

Cdan2 said: 7. You must repent of your sins: Acts 3:19 (1009)
I relate that back to Ruth, explaining it further as I just did for you.

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
OK, here is my preliminary PoS with changes. Not many, but possibly significant. It's a bit long, but I'll run it by the primary users and see what they think. Ultimately any changes would have to be approved by all of them, as they are the ones I do this for; they are doing most of the work. I've included the scriptures here, but in use only the reference and page number would be given. Anyhow, here it is:

PLAN OF SALVATION

1. Salvation is not about religion, it is about relationship. You must
recognize that your sins have separated you from a relationship
with God: Isaiah 59:1-2 (689)
Isaiah 59:1-2
Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save,
or his ear dull, that it cannot hear;
but your iniquities have made a separation
between you and your God,
and your sins have hidden his face from you
so that he does not hear.

2. Salvation itself is pretty simple. You renounce all other Gods, all
religious affiliations that have a hold on your life, and make a
covenant with the God of Israel to worship and obey Him, and Him
alone This was best exemplified by Ruth when she agreed to go to
Israel with Naomi: Ruth 1:15-16 (247)
Ruth 1:15-16
And she said, “See, your sister-in-law has gone back to her
people and to her gods; return after your sister-in-law.” But Ruth said, “Do
not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go
I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people,
and your God my God.

Ruth had been married to Naomi’s son, who died, so she knew what
she was agreeing to in making the God of Israel her God. But let’s go
through and take some principles of salvation from scripture:

3. Understand that you are a sinner: Romans 3:23 (1042)
Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

4. Good deeds cannot redeem you: Isaiah 64:6a (695)
Isaiah 64:6
We have all become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment.

5. A life is required as penalty for your sins: Leviticus 17:11 (107)
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for
you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that
makes atonement by the life.

6. We will be held to account: Hebrews 9:27 (1108)

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the
judgment:

7. The punishment for sins is eternal death: Romans 6:23 (1044)
But as it says, you can also have the gift of eternal life.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal
life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

8. Jesus suffered and died for our sins, but rose the 3rd day:
1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (1063)
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also
received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with
the Scriptures

9. Salvation is by grace (unmerited favor), through faith and trust in Jesus:
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not
your own doing; it is the gift of God,

10. You must repent of your sins: Acts 3:19 (1009)
Acts 3:19
Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

11. Ask Jesus to come into your life as Savior: John 14:6 (1) (998)
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No
one comes to the Father except through me.

12. Be obedient to His commandments: John 14:15 (2) (998)
John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

13. God is faithful to save those who come to Him:
Joel 2:32a (850)
Joel 2:32
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of
the Lord shall be saved.
14. True trust and faith will encourage you in obedience to God’s
word: Isaiah 30:15a,b (658)
Isaiah 30:15
For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel,
“In returning [repentance] and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”

Pause to Pray (general guidelines, NOT a rote prayer):
- admit you are a sinner
- ask forgiveness and turn from sin to a holy God (repentance)
- accept Jesus as your personal savior, asking Him into your life
- be willing to obey, trusting Him as Lord of your life
  • ask for guidance of His Holy Spirit that you may be set apart to Him
  • you should want to followJesus in baptism as an act of obedience
Note: this is not a "sinners prayer" to be read off as a list. It’s just guidelines.
If you repent and ask Jesus to be Lord of your life, and believe He being God
was crucified to atone for your sins, and rose alive on the thirdday, you will be
saved. Simply crying out from the heart "Lord be merciful to me a sinner” is
enough.

15. Baptism is an outward sign of an inward condition. Even Jesus, who
had no sin was baptized, a statement of His obedience and His
heart condition: Mark 1:9-11 (927)
Mark 1:9-11
In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was
baptized by John in the Jordan. And when he came up out of the water,
immediately he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending
on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved
Son; with you I am well pleased.”

16. All the principles of salvation are summarized in: John 3:16 (984)
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that
whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
For God -- salvation begins and ends with God. Man can do nothing to
earn salvation for himself.
so loved the world -- God's love for us is amazing , and includes everyone,
even the vilest of sinners.
that he gave -- God's grace is immeasurable, given to those undeserving.
his only Son -- Paul calls this God's "unspeakable" gift; a part of Himself
to suffer and die for sinful humanity. Pagan gods typically require human
sacrifice. My God sacrificed Himself for humanity.
that whoever -- The offer of salvation is to all mankind, “for all have sinned
and come short of the glory of God.”
believes in him -- to believe is to trust in Him; to believe everything that God
has said about Himself: He is Almighty God, and His finished work of
redemption in the death, burial, and resurrection of Himself as Messiah. To
believe wholeheartedly is to (a) repent and (b) receive the Christ as both Lord
and Savior. Those who believe are justified by grace through faith alone.
should not perish --"Perish" means eternal damnation. We are saved from the
Lake of Fire which burns eternally. We are saved from sin and its penalty,
renewed by His Spirit.
but have eternal life -- God freely gives everlasting or eternal life to one who
calls upon His name for salvation. The Tree of Life in Eden shows mankind that
God wanted humanity to have eternal life. But many exclude themselves by
refusing His gift and His Word.

Like I say, it's still a work in progress. So constructive criticism still appreciated.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yeah, i don't think JESUS meant literal water for describing how to get into The Kingdom. But a form of Baptism none the less.

The Kingdom is now ...so this is important. We need Reborn as a Child of GOD to enter The Kingdom. You need His Image to be a Child.
water baptism is an act of faith we do it because he said to do it and his promise is for remit sin . Faith is to hear what God said , believe it’s true and react to that belief

it’s not the water that has value it’s acting in faith like Noah he was told something by God , believed what he was told and acted as if he believed it

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house;

by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:7‬ ‭

He was told the world is going to flood , build an ark and I’ll save you and yours and start over

he believed and was saved his belief is shown by his acting on Gods word

belief saves if it’s real but it has to be what God said

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Wow, this needs added into the group of Scripture. There is something big here.
Do you see how believing the gospel of the kingdom would change peoples mind from a worldly selfish state ?

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:3, 5-12, 21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

who would think it’s a blessing to be poor in spirit ? Who wouldn’t think it’s a blessing to be persecuted for righteousness sake ? Who would think the meek are the blessed ones ? Believing the gospel is what changes the spirit of the mind from carnal to spiritual

people think the outward carnal commands are Gods word but Jesus came to thorn our eyes inward where the issue is

“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:27-28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we want to believe the gospel as we are able to hear and receive it and we don’t want to judge it by what we thought we knew but instead we want to let what Jesus is saying become our inner law that we follow

that will keep us from the commission part because we cut off the inner problem before we get to the point of commission. A pure heart that refuses to look with lustful intentions will never commit any sins driven by lust

“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:5-6‬ ‭

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭KJV‬

it’s about what Jesus taught letting that become what forms our new mind in him converting from all we once thought we knew to what he the Lord of truth said for us to believe

May 22, 2020
From what I can see from Joel 2:23, one needs to call out to the name of God and asked to be saved. God can see who is calling out in genuine, sincere, faith and who isn't.
We must be on our knees at the alter, publicly, (at church) acknowledging God as our Creator and ask Him for forgiveness of all our sins. Then we must be baptized.
That is know as repentance.

May 22, 2020
Please show me in the word of God where it says I am not saved if I am not baptized?.
Acts 2;38 KJV 1611 edition
There are others....Matthew, et al.

Your question is amazing......concluding you have studied the Bible.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Acts 2;38 KJV 1611 edition
There are others....Matthew, et al.

Your question is amazing......concluding you have studied the Bible.
acts 2:38 doesn't say you must be baptized to be saved. it says

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

YOu took one verse out of the whole chapter and made getting saved based on water baptism? LOL, Then you have the gall to say you are amazed at my question. repent and be baptized believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Repent and belief is the cause the effect is salvation than baptism. Just as the Holy Spirit came upon those who were only water baptized of John's baptism yet did not have the gift of the Holy Spirit hold can that be IF water baptism saved them? it did not save them and if it did they should have received the Holy Spirit. The methodology of salvation you scribe to is not biblical

May 22, 2020
acts 2:38 doesn't say you must be baptized to be saved. it says

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

YOu took one verse out of the whole chapter and made getting saved based on water baptism? LOL, Then you have the gall to say you are amazed at my question. repent and be baptized believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Repent and belief is the cause the effect is salvation than baptism. Just as the Holy Spirit came upon those who were only water baptized of John's baptism yet did not have the gift of the Holy Spirit hold can that be IF water baptism saved them? it did not save them and if it did they should have received the Holy Spirit. The methodology of salvation you scribe to is not biblical

LOL.....well unless you are baptized your sins are not forgiven. If that is the case one cannot be born again without baptism. ...ecause your sins are not forgiven...
That's not the only clear mandate...see if these helps you;

Acts 1;5
Acts 8 & 16
Mark 15-1 6
I Peter 3;21
John 3;5
There are more.

As a .....new age religion follower.... you will reject them all.

CS1

May 23, 2012
LOL.....well unless you are baptized your sins are not forgiven. If that is the case one cannot be born again without baptism. ...ecause your sins are not forgiven...
That's not the only clear mandate...see if these helps you;

Acts 1;5
Acts 8 & 16
Mark 15-1 6
I Peter 3;21
John 3;5
There are more.

As a .....new age religion follower.... you will reject them all.
Nope, Jesus said That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Paul said in Roman 10:9-11

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Clearly, you are wrong in your understanding because Peter never would have meant what you think when Jesus did not say that nor did Paul. You are cherry-picking.

FYI when Jesus is speaking HE is the final word always. You should know that.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
We must be on our knees at the alter, publicly, (at church) acknowledging God as our Creator and ask Him for forgiveness of all our sins. Then we must be baptized.
People are giving many steps that we take after we are saved, they are wonderful for us as we grow in the Lord. But to have salvation for ourselves is simple. When we learn of Christ and have faith in him, we simply repent of our sins and go to Christ for forgiveness.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.

The theif on the cross beside Jesus did NEITHER of these two things.

God is NOT limited to a place,he can save a repenting person anywhere.

What we MUST DO after having godly sorrow to repentance is CONFESS WITH OUR MOUTH,AND BELIEVE IN OUR HEART.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
The theif on the cross beside Jesus did NEITHER of these two things.

God is NOT limited to a place,he can save a repenting person anywhere.

What we MUST DO after having godly sorrow to repentance is CONFESS WITH OUR MOUTH,AND BELIEVE IN OUR HEART.
“God is NOT limited to a place,he can save a repenting person anywhere.”

I totally agree with that

but he most likely was baptized beforehand

“Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭

there’s no proof of him specifically that he was baptized or wasn’t. He definately had heard the gospel of the kingdom and believed because he recognized Jesus as lord and asks to be received into his kingdom. He also understood more than most because as Jesus was dying he knew jesus would come into his kingdom still

“And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:42‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he had to have been hearing Jesus preach of his kingdom and recognized him as lord. He also repented on the cross confessing his sinfulness and knew that’s why he was dying

baptism id say he probably did because it says all the people came from Jerusalem and the surrounding areas to get baptized of John

there’s no proof that he did or didn’t but the evidence leans toward if he was in the region he did

“John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:4-5‬ ‭

sinners would respond to a message regarding remission of sins. And remember israel was expecting the prophet crying out in the wilderness offering remission of sins for many hundreds of years

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
True we have an incomplete account of the thief ,his life,we only have his confession at death.

My disagreement with Peldom,was his stated,men of the need to be in public at an altar for it to be the plan of salvation.

God CAN AND WILL SAVE A PEPENTANT HEART ANYWHERE!
There are many examples in the N. T of just this.

I disagree with his unbiblical statement

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
True we have an incomplete account of the thief ,his life,we only have his confession at death.

My disagreement with Peldom,was his stated,men of the need to be in public at an altar for it to be the plan of salvation.

yes sister often I try to make sure and read your posts because I find edification in them.

i feel like I’m free to share information with you without angering or offending you , to the intent to just share some info with you because you are very receptive to scripture and have the same reverence I do for it

so my intent there was just to share some thoughts with you particularly . I admit I wasn’t following the disagreement I just like to often read your posts and share anything that your post light a flame in me to share because you never seem offended

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

what you say here is something I’m not sure people really grasp the depth of that

“God CAN AND WILL SAVE A PEPENTANT HEART ANYWHERE!”

did you know Jesus went after his death and preached to people who died in the flood ?!!!!

So what your saying is profoundly true yet in figure like when we get baptized we go below the waters and are buried into christs death and then raised up again so we’re they covered with water into death and then had the gospel preached to them in the spirit which could raise them up and save them yet still

“By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:19-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

of he went and preached to them it means they still had a chance to repent and be saved

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
Thank you.
I didn't assume you were disagreeing nor arguing but helping add to my thoughts.

I love the scriptures for they light my path ,sooth my wounds,comfort my despair and reveal Christ Jesus unto me!

I come on strong sometimes maybe too strong but others thoughts nor interetations offend me. I myself can ALWAYS learn. I just want people to get it right and not believe in ignorance.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Thank you.
I didn't assume you were disagreeing nor arguing but helping add to my thoughts.

I love the scriptures for they light my path ,sooth my wounds,comfort my despair and reveal Christ Jesus unto me!

I come on strong sometimes maybe too strong but others thoughts nor interetations offend me. I myself can ALWAYS learn. I just want people to get it right and not believe in ignorance.
“I love the scriptures for they light my path ,sooth my wounds,comfort my despair and reveal Christ Jesus unto me!”

amen we share this trait in the lord profoundly that’s why I do that sorry if it gets annoying haha

I also come on strong sometimes say too much too quickly. But it’s a flaw that’s better than the ones I used to have so
Many of

scripture really is the best teacher when we are willing to receive it it seems to just become part of our faith as we accept and allow it to do so and light our path , call our name , bless our lives , and indeed removes a bit of the veil to reveal Jesus Christ in his glory

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I absolutely agree,Pilgrim,
Thank God for his mercies or all would be lost in sin.

I believe in water baptism myself as an act of obedience . If Jesus had John baptize him,am I not to follow his example.

I pray that he will extend his mercies again and give the choice to my loved ones whom were unsaved,but I know they've heard about salvation,for I myself have talked to them about it.

I used to NOT BELIEVE in death bed repentance until I studied the theif beside Jesus.

He is a JUST God and he has privy even unto things which seem hidden.