Plan of Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
I see you very kindly and humble.
You say little but allow the word to speak. That is admirable,for too many of us WANT our opionon heard and validated.
I don't think I've heard you get too strong that I can recall....I'm old you know.....lol.

The word has to be the CORE of our life with GOD,this is how he speaks to us.

If others would just listen to scriptures instead of man's words, then we could take OVER the world for God!

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
We must be on our knees at the alter, publicly, (at church) acknowledging God as our Creator and ask Him for forgiveness of all our sins. Then we must be baptized.
That is know as repentance.
Repentance is a turning away from sin- ALL sin. It is a heart condition resulting in a restoration of fellowship with your Creator; a return to the state Adam had with God when he walked with Him in the Garden. It has nothing to do with being at the altar in a church. That is church dogma, a "law of man" designed more to control you (and the funds you bring to that altar) than to help you attain grace from your God.

Show me where it says repentance can only occur at a church altar. Or, if that is not what you meant please clarify. But that statement simply cannot go unchallenged as written.

μετανοέω metanoeō; to think differently, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction).

The Hebrew is much clearer: שׁוּב shûb; to turn back (hence, away); generally to retreat; often adverbially again: get [oneself] (back) again, recall, recover, refresh, relieve, render (again), restore, retrieve, (cause to, make to) return, reverse.

For clarity I took out some parts that were not germain (words in all languages tend to have many meanings and connotations, not all related) or that were repetitive. But overall the idea is one of not just turning away from sin, but turning back to a more pure state. This is a heart condition, not a ritual requirement.

Note: I am not saying public professions or being accountable to a religious authority is necessarily bad; just that when that becomes a requirement for what is absolutely between the individual and God it is control, not Godly doctrine.

Mar 4, 2020
Critiques welcomed. Telling me I am a heretic and going to Hell, not so much. Won't even respond. I'll let you know what (if anything) I change.
Do you believe that we need to ask for the Holy Spirit and that if we don’t then we don’t receive the Holy Spirit? Why or why not.

Luke 11:13 KJV
13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I absolutely agree,Pilgrim,
Thank God for his mercies or all would be lost in sin.

I believe in water baptism myself as an act of obedience . If Jesus had John baptize him,am I not to follow his example.

I pray that he will extend his mercies again and give the choice to my loved ones whom were unsaved,but I know they've heard about salvation,for I myself have talked to them about it.

I used to NOT BELIEVE in death bed repentance until I studied the theif beside Jesus.

He is a JUST God and he has privy even unto things which seem hidden.
amen to that the bottom line is whoever Jesus decided to save will Be saved and there’s nothing in all Of creation that can still it or change it the only thing is we must believe him

he is. Or limited by our own designs and judgements but we are limited to his

I think a good example is the sinful woman who came and loved him while he sat with the righteous Pharisee she was saved because of her love for Jesus because she knew him knew he was able

I think when we get out trust fully in Jesus he’s going to do a work in our heart and life that we never would have believed breaking bonds we never could making free our lives that we’re bound

but it’s all based on who Jesus is To us and what his words reslly
Mean To us

Faith comes by hearing his word and we are saved by faith

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I see you very kindly and humble.
You say little but allow the word to speak. That is admirable,for too many of us WANT our opionon heard and validated.
I don't think I've heard you get too strong that I can recall....I'm old you know.....lol.

The word has to be the CORE of our life with GOD,this is how he speaks to us.

If others would just listen to scriptures instead of man's words, then we could take OVER the world for God!
well thank you I try but also come up short sometimes like we all do . Yes I’m old too lol but wisdom favors the old somehow so we both yet have Hope haha

I believe in scripture but also I don’t know all of it and am capable of being off base . I think it’s important to get our own thoughts out of it and then let the scripture teach us the right thoughts as best we can

all I know for certain is the gospel Jesus preached is salvation for all who believe great and small

and I believe we share in that absolute truth !

God bless and keep and increase you in all the things of faith !!! Of course he’s already at work doing That but never hurts to bring it up !!!

can’t hardly wait tonget home some day if the good lord is willing and begin a greater bond with our brothers and sister of eternity and wonders

cdan2

Dec 2, 2021
Do you believe that we need to ask for the Holy Spirit and that if we don’t then we don’t receive the Holy Spirit? Why or why not.

Luke 11:13 KJV
13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
I believe the Spirit indwells us at the moment we are saved:

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves[a] or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
amen to that the bottom line is whoever Jesus decided to save will Be saved and there’s nothing in all Of creation that can still it or change it the only thing is we must believe him

he is. Or limited by our own designs and judgements but we are limited to his

I think a good example is the sinful woman who came and loved him while he sat with the righteous Pharisee she was saved because of her love for Jesus because she knew him knew he was able

I think when we get out trust fully in Jesus he’s going to do a work in our heart and life that we never would have believed breaking bonds we never could making free our lives that we’re bound

but it’s all based on who Jesus is To us and what his words reslly
Mean To us

Faith comes by hearing his word and we are saved by faith
All this is the truth. But when the message that Christ brings to us was put in one sentence it was "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near". This tells us to repent of living in the world's kingdom and live according to the kingdom of heaven. In that kingdom we are asked to be perfect through the perfection of our Savior. The sinful woman repented and gave her sin to Christ, the Pharisees kept their sin without even admitting to it.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
All this is the truth. But when the message that Christ brings to us was put in one sentence it was "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near". This tells us to repent of living in the world's kingdom and live according to the kingdom of heaven. In that kingdom we are asked to be perfect through the perfection of our Savior. The sinful woman repented and gave her sin to Christ, the Pharisees kept their sin without even admitting to it.
right repentance is the key and we have to be perfect in this sister

“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:35-38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

this is matthews version of that

“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:44-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

because none of us are actually perfect in all we do or say we can actually be perfect in how we treat other imperfect people who may offend us as we have offended also many times before

we have to learn the thing Jesus taught and start applying to use things to life the first thing we want to do is believe Jesus will save us of we trust in him . Then we want to guard against people telli my us “ that means you don’t have to actually do what he said “ because many try to tell you faith means “ don’t think you need to actually do what he’s saying will save you “

of we have our faith in Jesus he’s going to be able to lead us to repentance me also he’s going to impart all the right ways to live l we have to do is believe and persevere and let him heal us and teach is the right way to go

whenever we fall short and we actually know we have there is repentance d forgiveness and cleansing in his blood but we then press toward the gospel he set before us never quite achieving perfection but always trusting Christ and his word

it’s about how we actually treat other people. Sin is when we do something wrong to someone ultimately so it’s about how we ac try ally treat other people Jesus teaches us how to treat people with godly love we want to press on learning that and always be willing to take the steps he’s guided us to take

How we treat others is how we can expect to be treated

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
All this is the truth. But when the message that Christ brings to us was put in one sentence it was "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near". This tells us to repent of living in the world's kingdom and live according to the kingdom of heaven. In that kingdom we are asked to be perfect through the perfection of our Savior.
“The sinful woman repented and gave her sin to Christ, the Pharisees kept their sin without even admitting to it.”

I really like how you said that the difference was she was willing to come into the light and have her deeds reproved but the Pharisees we’re afraid to let anyone know they were sinners too son hey could never actually repent she knew her sins didn’t hide it it seems all knew she was a sinner but it didn’t stop her from coming into the light

“And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:19-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

she came repenting and weeping bitterly lovong jesus and recognizing him while the righteous Pharisee judged her and hid himself in his own thoughts her s of righteousness yet he was sitting with the lord of glory willing to forgive his sins she was saved by faith said Jesus. But the oharisee rebuked

May 22, 2020
Nope, Jesus said That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Paul said in Roman 10:9-11

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Clearly, you are wrong in your understanding because Peter never would have meant what you think when Jesus did not say that nor did Paul. You are cherry-picking.

FYI when Jesus is speaking HE is the final word always. You should know that.
Nope...providing we do the three things we may be born again...and...if we maintain until the end..we may become saved upon God's judgement after death.

You obviously are a new age religion type....re-writing the Bible.
Sad.

May 22, 2020
Repentance is a turning away from sin- ALL sin. It is a heart condition resulting in a restoration of fellowship with your Creator; a return to the state Adam had with God when he walked with Him in the Garden. It has nothing to do with being at the altar in a church. That is church dogma, a "law of man" designed more to control you (and the funds you bring to that altar) than to help you attain grace from your God.

Show me where it says repentance can only occur at a church altar. Or, if that is not what you meant please clarify. But that statement simply cannot go unchallenged as written.

μετανοέω metanoeō; to think differently, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction).

The Hebrew is much clearer: שׁוּב shûb; to turn back (hence, away); generally to retreat; often adverbially again: get [oneself] (back) again, recall, recover, refresh, relieve, render (again), restore, retrieve, (cause to, make to) return, reverse.

For clarity I took out some parts that were not germain (words in all languages tend to have many meanings and connotations, not all related) or that were repetitive. But overall the idea is one of not just turning away from sin, but turning back to a more pure state. This is a heart condition, not a ritual requirement.

Note: I am not saying public professions or being accountable to a religious authority is necessarily bad; just that when that becomes a requirement for what is absolutely between the individual and God it is control, not Godly doctrine.

Church alter was symbolic. Any public display would suffice scriptures.

Picky, picky.

Gardenias

Oct 27, 2020
U.S.A.
We must be on our knees at the alter, publicly, (at church) acknowledging God as our Creator and ask Him for forgiveness of all our sins. Then we must be baptized.

See here @ peldom10 post 267

CS1

May 23, 2012
IF you are not coming to the Lord Jesus Christ, repenting, and baptism means nothing. come to an alter, do it publicly, and at a church without Faith in Christ you are not saved.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
The plan of salvation was already in place before Adam/Eve sinned.
When they did God say's

Genesis 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

So the plan was already place.

No need for a further plan.

Jesus fufilled this plan on the cross when he said "It is finished"

Before that we know that Jesus said that the Holy Spirit must come to convict the world of its sin. What sin is this?

It is

John 16:5-9

The Work of the Holy Spirit
5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me;

Notice 'to convict the world of the sin of unbelief in Jesus'

That is the total plan of salvation.

When we repent of the sin of unbelief then the Holy Spirit is in us and he will conform us to the image of Christ as he sees fit working in us.

As Paul states

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Notice raised from the dead.

So we are saved by grace through faith and nothing else.

Add to that then we are adding to the plan of salvation.

Let us not go down the route of "you must do, must not do"
Let's encourage to go down the route of "FOCUS ON JESUS"

That's a good plan.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Why do people make salvation so difficult?

Jesus didn't

S

SophieT

Why do people make salvation so difficult?

Jesus didn't
maybe they can't wrap their heads around the fact they are not good enough without Jesus

all that hard work for ?????????

then again, it seems so many hang their robes on doctrine :unsure:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
maybe they can't wrap their heads around the fact they are not good enough without Jesus

all that hard work for ?????????

then again, it seems so many hang their robes on doctrine :unsure:
Sorry sister but don't understand your first sentence concerning my post as to why people make salvation so difficult.

S

SophieT

Sorry sister but don't understand your first sentence concerning my post as to why people make salvation so difficult.

LOL...different expressions in different countries I guess'

wrap your head around, means to understand

in other words, not being able to understand it really is all about Jesus and not what someone does

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
LOL...different expressions in different countries I guess'

wrap your head around, means to understand

in other words, not being able to understand it really is all about Jesus and not what someone does
Obviously different what I was thinking and based as you say expressions in different countries.

I think I've got it but if not agree with you.

S

SophieT

Obviously different what I was thinking and based as you say expressions in different countries.

I think I've got it but if not agree with you.
I have sometimes read something you posted and really did not understand because of the expression

it's all good :)