Please help me pray!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lucyto

The hardest thing for me to do is to pray. It is so hard for me to just kneel down or lift my hands to Jesus and pray. This frustrates me so much because my soul is willing but my body is letting me down. Every night when I go to bed I remember that I have to pray but something pulls me back therefore I go to bed without praying.
I have a weakness of praying only when I am happy, otherwise I do not.
I want to pray everyday and I believe with your prayers I will be able to do that.

N

nevvman

Hard to pray, maybe it's becouse your faith is wrong.
You still pray in flesh. God is Spirit. When you pray, do it in spirit.
Minds coming from flesh is still your will. But when you accept Jesus as your Lord, you gave up. There are no more your will, but His will.
You should talk with Him, hear His voice. Without faith it's impossible.
No need words, He see your heart. Let's pray. Jesus i'm so selfish, i always looking for my will, never put you on first place. I love self more than You. Forgive me. Let's start again, what is Your will?
God loves you. You should be completly free in His presence. If you wanna cry, cry. Wanna scream, scream. Don't worry what others think. Who cares, you are with somebody who loves you so much. He don't need your lifted up hands. He need you, your faith. When you marry Him. You obey Him. If you have husband, you obey him. It's His will. Christians biggest mistake is doing own will. When you reject your life, He will give a new. You will worry, becouse you are in flesh. In spirit, you will be completly other person. So try to look not for your will, but His will. Do Jesus asks too much? Well, that's step of faith. Without trust, no relations.
Even if you are sick there is no fear to die. Becouse in front of God, every soul living or buried, is alive. But if you don't trust Jesus, His power, but only on your own power. It's trust to self. (Acts 17:11)
None become holy on first day of his salvation. Following Jesus. Makes you holy, pure, kind, full with unselfish love.
30 years lived in flesh, i have to learn walk in spirit. And in faith, it's not hard. Hard is to trust. Hard to gave up. Becouse all my life i trust self. Thanks to God, for everything. Even if you can't pray, thank you Him. All start with obedience. Regret your sins. And never sin again. And don't forget about devil. While you are no threat to him, your soul is in his hands. You got to fight for your faith. Stop thinking, start walking. I guess i write all this to my self in some way :) sharing minds. God teach us pray, not how we want, but how You want. Amen?

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Good for you :). Even the disciples asked Jesus about how to pray.

I think many Christians struggle with this. Prayer is simply talking to God, and we can do it silently or out loud. Paul talked about praying without ceasing. I think this means simply putting our minds before His throne as much as we can...eventually, if we keep working at it, we are ALWAYS before the throne. Being in the Holy of Holies requires that we shed as much sin as we can and work on keeping our minds and hearts pure.

Sometimes it helps to physically kneel or hold up our hands up but for the more reserved of us, we don't always feel comfortable doing this. I raised my hand in church one Sunday and my daughter ACTUALLY yanked it down...I was embarrassing her! We were attending a Pentecostal church and they felt like my family wasn't spiritual enough because we weren't raising our hands (or speaking in tongues)...they ACTUALLY demanded from the pulpit while we were singing for everybody to raise their hands and wave them. So I had people up front telling me how I should praise God and a family member beside me complaining that I was embarrassing her while trying to make the leaders happy. Anyway...do what you feel you should do, kneel or don't kneel, etc. ...but what's in your heart is the most important thing. Your thoughts are important to...resentment of any kind is detrimental to hearing God's voice.

I pray before I go to sleep or when I'm driving, or anytime. That's the really neat thing about the Christian life...you can be doing something in the physical world and visit with God at the same time :). Our mindset can be developed, with practice and determination, in which we bring God's presence immediately into the physical world. We can grow that ability.

Here is a good site talking about when the disciples asked Jesus about prayer:

https://bible.org/seriespage/teach-us-pray-luke-111-13

Praying for you.... God honors our desire in seeking Him...this pleases Him immensely :).

N

ngmoody

You have to be willing to make a change and set a time for prayer and devotion to god. Start with 5 mins a day then move up.
For example i dont expect anyone to run a marathon without training for it. That person has to work up to that moment. But it all starts with setting the timw aside to train and take thay first step.

Caduceus

Apr 10, 2013
You could make for yourself a simple devotional, for example the lord's prayer and the Nicene creed, and then commit to God to complete the devotional once a day for a month and then build on that.

X

xtinaz

I had a similar problem not too long ago - and I was so used to praying and communicating witho God - but I had some serious doubt issues that crept in and my trust wasn't in him so even though I wanted to pray I was overwhelmed by the what ifs and the whys...whether it was significant or not and even if I was praying right...I was more focused on the circumstances around me than him. I was bound up in condemnation too that more so led me away from that place than too it. I didn't feel worthy.

Anyway - it shouldn't feel like you have too -for me its something I cant wait to do and slip it in throughout the day whenever sometimes its not just praying but praising....- I guess amoungst all the opinions and experiences on here ( including mine) you will have to get to the heart of the matter with the Holy Spirit - he understands, knows and will lead us.

Ask him to show you, ask him to help you - get personal with him - that's why he is there :)

X

xtinaz

Ps - I will pray for you :)