Please help out

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElizabethJames
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

ElizabethJames

Guest
Okay so my friends are so supportive, my family, everybody but I'm going to a "tough" high school as in these kids are from tough neighborhoods. I know this because my mom warned me about the kids and she's a Vice Principal. So I was there a couple days ago and like always I have my favorite cross necklace on and there was a group of kids that were commenting about it, I was shadowing a student by the way, and the girl had to go to the bathroom and they walked over to me and they were asking about Christianity, mocking me and this girl just kept saying these horrible things about the evil spirit who lurks in Earth and in Hell and I was crying and they just kept laughing. I just really hope I find a group that had as much Faith in God as I do, I really hope I don't see them again...I also hope they see God one day and realize what they have been missing. Any suggestions on what I should do and the people I become friends with in HS?
 
If people start talking to you then don't take it as far as them wanting to be friends with you. Chances are that they are just 'checking you out' and finding out what cliques they can form within freshmen year and if these people are true and stick around, then call them your friends. Unfortunately there's a lot of things that do go on in high school, especially if you're going to an urban public one. Find out as to what after school activities they have as well as getting involved with activities during school hours so that can increase your chances of finding people and having a better experience. If they have any Christian group sort of thing then obviously stick with it. Don't get too into peoples drama and go throughout your day doing what you have to do. While it's good that your mom is a vice principal and if people try starting with you then you can go to her, but don't do that for every situation that goes on. If you can get a car ride to go home then do so instead of waiting for a public transportation bus since kids will start crap even if it's not too far from the school itself once dismissed (fights mainly), otherwise expect that to happen almost on a regular basis.

I wish I can advise further than this, but unfortunately I have had more bad times in my high school years than good. I'm mainly just giving the warnings since it's not as it appears to be at first, and if it does appear as it has first been and stays that way then good for you. You will get hurt by people that you thought were your friends, which is why I said that you shouldn't start getting comfortable with people just because they start talking to you while the year is starting. Gossiping tends to go around but the less you care about it, they likely won't find you as an easy target. It's okay to learn and adapt to certain things as long as it's good but don't go to the point that you will do 'anything' to fit in with them.

If you have any further questions then share them, but I can't say that I will be able to answer all of them. Just relax and be prepared to do what it takes so you can set yourself with good grades, and as stated, get involved with other activities since it helps in the long run.