Please Lord, help us,

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m sorry to hear about the struggles you and your daughter have been facing. I wish there was an explanation to why God has allowed you to experience the difficulties you described. I’m standing with you, asking our Heavenly Father touch your daughter with His healing hand, provide strength and guidance in the days ahead. May He comfort you and encourage you as you lean upon Him.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
I’m sorry to hear about the struggles you and your daughter have been facing. I wish there was an explanation to why God has allowed you to experience the difficulties you described. I’m standing with you, asking our Heavenly Father touch your daughter with His healing hand, provide strength and guidance in the days ahead. May He comfort you and encourage you as you lean upon Him.
Thank You Emily, God Bless you and yours

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Contrary to what some will tell you, God is not in charge here. He never wanted to be; He wanted us to be in charge. That’s why He gave Adam, the first man, dominion over creation. But that first guy - there's always one guy messing it up for the rest of us - gave that in-charge position away. Of course, God could have stepped in at that time and taken charge, but then He'd be in charge, which isn't what He wanted. So in order to restore things back to what God intended, a man had to step up and re-take charge.

But who among us could? Only God could. That’s why God had to come as a man to take charge, so that man would be in charge like He originally intended.

Just to paint the whole picture let's go back to the very beginning. The thing about God's sovereign will is that He generally chooses not to enforce it Himself. God created creation, and He was in charge of it. God then created man, and yielded His sovereignty to put man in charge of it. His deal with Adam was, I'll walk with you, talk with you, lend you an ear and give you advice, but what you say Adam, that’s what goes. You, Adam, are the authority.

So Adam then gives that authority away to satan. God could have, in His sovereign power, taken authority back from satan, but then that would put Him back in charge, and that was never His intent, His will. His intent/will was for man to have authority.

But again, who among us could do such a thing? Well, only God, coming to us as a man. So Christ comes and indeed takes back authority - in the spiritual realm. But, He has yet to return to this world to enforce it.

That's where our partnership comes in. It is our charge that we participate with Him in the enforcement of His authority, over the yet-to-be restored, and therefore still under the rule of satan creation. And we do that thru prayer and partnering in the gifts and manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

Maybe a simpler way to look at it is to compare it to a Sheriff and his deputies. The Sheriff is the one who holds authority, but he doesn't actually go out and patrol the streets. His deputies are the ones who go out and enforce the Sheriff's authority. Christ is the Sheriff, it's His authority. But until He returns to lay claim to the land, we are His deputies enforcing His will in a land run by criminals.

And while satan still rules this world, you can bet he's going to give us resistance. I've always said that you can tell how powerful one might be in the kingdom of God, by how hard hell works to hold them under. satan only attacks those he feels are a threat. Take that under consideration the next time you feel under attack. Which I assume by the sound of it is all the time.

We have Christ's authority to supersede that in the places and things we come in contact with. satan, the still-ruler of this world, is going to do everything he can to make us as stifled and stymied and irrelevant as he can. Jesus said in His Name we will do what He did, and even more. WE will do. Not ask Him to do, but WE will do. Your defense is in YOUR hands, with the most powerful weapon the universe has ever seen.

Strap on your armor and start swinging back. We DO eventually win this war. In the meantime, we are every bit the occupying army that is the US Soldier in Afghanistan. Don't be overwhelmed by attack, expect it. And be ready with your sword. God says persevere - this is a war of attrition, with the knowledge that we DO win in the end. But you still have to pick up your arms and swing back.

For now.

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Contrary to what some will tell you, God is not in charge here. He never wanted to be; He wanted us to be in charge. That’s why He gave Adam, the first man, dominion over creation. But that first guy - there's always one guy messing it up for the rest of us - gave that in-charge position away. Of course, God could have stepped in at that time and taken charge, but then He'd be in charge, which isn't what He wanted. So in order to restore things back to what God intended, a man had to step up and re-take charge.

But who among us could? Only God could. That’s why God had to come as a man to take charge, so that man would be in charge like He originally intended.

Just to paint the whole picture let's go back to the very beginning. The thing about God's sovereign will is that He generally chooses not to enforce it Himself. God created creation, and He was in charge of it. God then created man, and yielded His sovereignty to put man in charge of it. His deal with Adam was, I'll walk with you, talk with you, lend you an ear and give you advice, but what you say Adam, that’s what goes. You, Adam, are the authority.

So Adam then gives that authority away to satan. God could have, in His sovereign power, taken authority back from satan, but then that would put Him back in charge, and that was never His intent, His will. His intent/will was for man to have authority.

But again, who among us could do such a thing? Well, only God, coming to us as a man. So Christ comes and indeed takes back authority - in the spiritual realm. But, He has yet to return to this world to enforce it.

That's where our partnership comes in. It is our charge that we participate with Him in the enforcement of His authority, over the yet-to-be restored, and therefore still under the rule of satan creation. And we do that thru prayer and partnering in the gifts and manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

Maybe a simpler way to look at it is to compare it to a Sheriff and his deputies. The Sheriff is the one who holds authority, but he doesn't actually go out and patrol the streets. His deputies are the ones who go out and enforce the Sheriff's authority. Christ is the Sheriff, it's His authority. But until He returns to lay claim to the land, we are His deputies enforcing His will in a land run by criminals.

And while satan still rules this world, you can bet he's going to give us resistance. I've always said that you can tell how powerful one might be in the kingdom of God, by how hard hell works to hold them under. satan only attacks those he feels are a threat. Take that under consideration the next time you feel under attack. Which I assume by the sound of it is all the time.

We have Christ's authority to supersede that in the places and things we come in contact with. satan, the still-ruler of this world, is going to do everything he can to make us as stifled and stymied and irrelevant as he can. Jesus said in His Name we will do what He did, and even more. WE will do. Not ask Him to do, but WE will do. Your defense is in YOUR hands, with the most powerful weapon the universe has ever seen.

Strap on your armor and start swinging back. We DO eventually win this war. In the meantime, we are every bit the occupying army that is the US Soldier in Afghanistan. Don't be overwhelmed by attack, expect it. And be ready with your sword. God says persevere - this is a war of attrition, with the knowledge that we DO win in the end. But you still have to pick up your arms and swing back.

For now.
There is something very wrong with your logic

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
There is something very wrong with your logic
Is there? If God wanted to be in charge, why would He give dominion over creation to Adam?

K

kittycat7

Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.
Psalm 112:5

J

JB2018

Dear God, my daughter has a mental illness, I havent seen her for 5 months. I need help, Ive been praying and begging you for help, for a very very long time. Am I being punished? Id like to know what for. Please soften my daughter's heart and cure her mind. I dont want to live like this anymore. So please Lord help me or take me, In Jesus's name I ask this. Amen and thank you for her return.
Keep praying for your daughter's deliverance. Do not become weary in praying. I pray that God gives you strength. And, becoming upset with God is not going to make him respond to you quickly. You have to humble yourself. And, another thing God is not behind the torment of your daughter....that would be Satan. You have to remember that 1/3 of the angels fell down here. The bible says in the last days he will wear out the saints. Shift your prayers into warfare type prayers. Ask God to sever the enemy's grip on your daughter, break chains. And, because you belong to God you have to seriously intercede for her through prayer and fasting. You need to take charge in prayer and you need the power that Jesus has! which is the holy spirit. Why? because the kingdom of darkness does not respond to tears or why me's they respond to power and without it we're powerless....

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
Is there? If God wanted to be in charge, why would He give dominion over creation to Adam?
This has been bothering me for quite awhile, Adam may have been given dominion,but if you recall the Great flood, kind of changed that dominion. Since you like analogies, God is the Federal Government , and Adam was a state Governor, if there is a dispute,guess who wins?