Please pray for God to give me direction

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 6, 2014
Hi there.

I've been feeling a bit depressed for a while (it comes and goes). I feel like God is calling me to use my gifts, one of them being music, but I keep running into roadblocks. I feel stuck. I feel God calling me to do something, I'm just not entirely sure what. I'm not sure what steps to take, what I should be doing. It is very frustrating, and causes me to feel a bit depressed.

I would appreciate prayer on this.
Thank you!

Love you all, my brothers and sisters in Jesus.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello, friend. Do you think it might be helpful to talk to your parents or a trusted adult about what you feel? I’m praying that God will surround you with His infinite love and comfort. May He be your source of encouragement and guidance as you look to Him. Hang in there!

E

EliBeth

Hi, DancingForJesus! 😊

That's awesome that you're gifted in music. I played the piano some in my younger years.
Occasionally I will sit down and play a few songs- namely: Greensleeves, I Will Arise, and The Way That He Loves. I like to sing some, but am not serious about developing my voice.. Though I might be if I had someone to practice with.

I'm sorry for your frustration and depression. As a child I knew God had called me to be a missionary (I thought on the foreign field, and still do). But that calling has not materialized thus far. I am definitely seeking God's perfect will for my life. So sometimes I question, "Why am I still at home?" I am growing in the certainty that God is doing His preparation work during this time. I believe He has led me in the last few years to be apart of a couple of children's ministries; and I am serving in those now. And there are other ways in which I believe He is forming me for the future.

Anyway! All of that to say, I can empathize with you in part, my Sister. 🙂 My Pastor frequently encourages people to jump in and serve where there is a need, or to at least give it a good try. Some people say they can't teach or they don't have an interest in a particular area. But God is the great Equipper, and He can bless your willingness to serve so much so to where after you start serving (in a place you may not be thrilled about) you wouldn't trade it for anything. 😊 So my humble encouragement is to maybe consider and ask around if there may be a need in your church, etc and just do it! Try it. Can be as big as becoming a Sunday School teacher or as "little" as making a meal for a sick Sister in Christ or sending cheerful cards to people.. You mentioned music, so what if you found a local nursing home and went and sang and/or played an instrument for the residents on a regular basis? Just a thought. 🙂

I know being active and engaged with my church body has been an incredibly good thing in my life. It is so fulfilling.

I will say a prayer for you. Love to you in our Messiah Jesus's name.

May 6, 2014
Hello, friend. Do you think it might be helpful to talk to your parents or a trusted adult about what you feel? I’m praying that God will surround you with His infinite love and comfort. May He be your source of encouragement and guidance as you look to Him. Hang in there!
Well, my husband is very encouraging. Parents are not very active in God and are on the other side of the continent so... lol.

In family life, I feel very fulfilled. I have a wonderful Godly man as a husband and a beautiful baby girl. But I'm still seeking God about a further purpose. Like I said in the OP, I feel called, I think to music, I certainly have something of a gift in it. But when I pursue it, I run into a lot of roadblocks.

I have the impression that when you are following the path that God wants you on, that the path is made, in a way, easy. Maybe that impression is wrong?

I don't know, that's why I need prayer for direction. I definitely feel better when I serve and minister to people.

May 6, 2014
Hi, DancingForJesus! 😊

That's awesome that you're gifted in music. I played the piano some in my younger years.
Occasionally I will sit down and play a few songs- namely: Greensleeves, I Will Arise, and The Way That He Loves. I like to sing some, but am not serious about developing my voice.. Though I might be if I had someone to practice with.

I'm sorry for your frustration and depression. As a child I knew God had called me to be a missionary (I thought on the foreign field, and still do). But that calling has not materialized thus far. I am definitely seeking God's perfect will for my life. So sometimes I question, "Why am I still at home?" I am growing in the certainty that God is doing His preparation work during this time. I believe He has led me in the last few years to be apart of a couple of children's ministries; and I am serving in those now. And there are other ways in which I believe He is forming me for the future.

Anyway! All of that to say, I can empathize with you in part, my Sister. 🙂 My Pastor frequently encourages people to jump in and serve where there is a need, or to at least give it a good try. Some people say they can't teach or they don't have an interest in a particular area. But God is the great Equipper, and He can bless your willingness to serve so much so to where after you start serving (in a place you may not be thrilled about) you wouldn't trade it for anything. 😊 So my humble encouragement is to maybe consider and ask around if there may be a need in your church, etc and just do it! Try it. Can be as big as becoming a Sunday School teacher or as "little" as making a meal for a sick Sister in Christ or sending cheerful cards to people.. You mentioned music, so what if you found a local nursing home and went and sang and/or played an instrument for the residents on a regular basis? Just a thought. 🙂

I know being active and engaged with my church body has been an incredibly good thing in my life. It is so fulfilling.

I will say a prayer for you. Love to you in our Messiah Jesus's name.
Thank you for your kind words. :)

I've thought about going and singing somewhere, but I often feel overcome with not being good enough. I feel fairly confident in my vocal abilities, but I don't feel like I'm talented enough with the guitar and piano.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
Hi there.

I've been feeling a bit depressed for a while (it comes and goes). I feel like God is calling me to use my gifts, one of them being music, but I keep running into roadblocks. I feel stuck. I feel God calling me to do something, I'm just not entirely sure what. I'm not sure what steps to take, what I should be doing. It is very frustrating, and causes me to feel a bit depressed.

Thank you!

Praying God opens the right door for you to use your talents in music.

Jan 14, 2020
Turkey
Hi there.

Thank you!

I genuinely belive that through faith you will be able to overcome these roadblocks, as I was able to overcome mine recently.

“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭31:6‬ ‭KJV‬

You will be in my prayers and God bless you.

E

EliBeth

Thank you for your kind words. :)

I've thought about going and singing somewhere, but I often feel overcome with not being good enough. I feel fairly confident in my vocal abilities, but I don't feel like I'm talented enough with the guitar and piano.
You are so welcome.

If God has gifted you in music (which I'm pretty sure we both know He has 😊), then you Are good enough. Share your voice with others to the glory of God! God can really use music to penetrate people's hearts. ❤️

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Hi there.

Thank you!

hi! just wondering if you attend a local assembly and if you're able to join the music team? teams may have some rules before joining, but maybe it can be a step? or maybe joining them in their practice?

May 6, 2014
I prefer bible studies over church, so I don't currently go to a church. I also don't feel called to join a church worship team, or even a Christian band. God usually has me minister to people in small groups and individual settings.

In other news, thank you so much everyone for your prayers! I feel pretty certain now that God wants me to do a live Christian music stream (Twitch kind of thing) where I would be able to actively interact with and minister to people. So the roadblock is getting some of the basic equipment I need.

I can definitely still use prayer though, since I'm sure I will face some persecution and trolling by doing a Christian stream on a secular site. I feel very strongly that this is what God wants me to do though.