Please pray for me I'm being spiritually attacked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jenny712

May 16, 2013
I'm being spiritually attacked with thoughts that I don't want to take my own life which I don't want to do. I keep having to battle off these thoughts and I keep telling them to go away and stay away in Jesus Name. Sometimes they stay away a long time but it seems like sooner or later they come back and I don't want them to. I know being spiritually attacked is just part of being a Christian and I accept that. I just wish I was attacked in other ways and not to take my own life. I don't wanna do that I honestly want to live and experience life. I feel like the threat is I'll keep being attacked by these thoughts until it drives me nuts and I fall which I don't want. I want this specific attack to leave and be gone for the rest of my life. Please pray that this spiritual attack leaves me and stays away for the rest of my life.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord let you bless Jenny712, to overcome these negarive thoughts and bless your name. Lord please bless Jenny712, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

1corinthians13

Feb 7, 2018
I will pray for you. Also you may already know this but I just thought I would mention... Sometimes rather than focusing so much on the spiritual attack it is more fruitful to go on the offensive. Instead of casting out demons and then having them come back start reading Gods promises to you right when you get those thoughts and worship Jesus. Direct your attention on him right away and before you know it those thoughts wont even come through. Ask Jesus to nourish your spirit with his word and to heal any broken places in your heart. The second piece of advice I would give is that in addition to these things you can go out and do the work God asks of us and when you go out and do what God wants you do to for somebody else he will come through for you. Not that we can earn Gods blessings but because we love Jesus and obey his commands. I will continue to pray for you sister in Christ. You are not alone. I have had the same thing happen to me before and didn't wish those thoughts either but God is faithful and you will overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word our testimony. The devil's time is short and so he is full of rage. But be strong and courageous because the Lord is with you wherever you go. He has won the victory for us already.

student

Jul 20, 2010
Call outloud on the name of "Jesus" any and every time you have these thoughts. Satan must go back to hell. Check your life and be sure you are free of any sinful thing that might be allowing them access into your life. Dig into scripture HARD. Pray HARD.

The following are scriptures for fears and worry. A list compiled by the core minister of my church. AFCM.

1. I am t\part of the body of Christ and Satan has no power over me. I Cor 12:14-27

2. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I John 4:4

3. I will fear no evil for you are with me, Lord. Your word and your Spirit comfort me. Psalm23:4

4. I am far from oppression and fear does not come near me. Isaiah 54:14

5. No weapon formed against me will prosper for my righteousness is of the Lord. Isaiah 54:17

6. Whatever I do shall prosper for I am like a tree by rivers of water. Psalm 1:3

7. Lord, You have delivered me from the evils of this word for it is God's will. Gal 1:4

8. No evil will befall me neither shall any plague come near my dwelling. For you have given your angels charge over me, and they keep me in all my ways. Psalm 91:10-11

9. In my pathway is life and there is no death. Prov 12:28

10. I am a doer of the word of God and I am blessed in my deeds. James 1:25

11. I take the shield of faith and stop everything the enemy brings against me. Eph 6:16

12. Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law. I forbid any sickness or poverty to come on me. Gal. 3:13 and Deut. 28 chapter

13. I overcome by the blood of Christ and the Word of my testimony. Rev 12:11

As you can see, these verses were re-worded to personalize them. Realize you are starting something new...because you must be. Satan attacks when he is threatened by something you are doing for Christ. The more you do for Christ or in Christ's name, the more threats...until he can't stand against you anymore. "Resist the devil and he will flee". James 4:7.

Remember though, your greatest weapon is the name, "Jesus" spoken out loud as soon as an attack hits. "At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow." He has overcome the powers of evil and He gave US authority in His name to fight back by calling out His name.

- been there, done it...-student

D

Depleted

I'm being spiritually attacked with thoughts that I don't want to take my own life which I don't want to do. I keep having to battle off these thoughts and I keep telling them to go away and stay away in Jesus Name. Sometimes they stay away a long time but it seems like sooner or later they come back and I don't want them to. I know being spiritually attacked is just part of being a Christian and I accept that. I just wish I was attacked in other ways and not to take my own life. I don't wanna do that I honestly want to live and experience life. I feel like the threat is I'll keep being attacked by these thoughts until it drives me nuts and I fall which I don't want. I want this specific attack to leave and be gone for the rest of my life. Please pray that this spiritual attack leaves me and stays away for the rest of my life.
Where your focus is, there you will go.

There was a study done that went something like this:
They told people to walk up a block and stay on that side of the street, but meanwhile focus on the opposite corner of that street. Every single person ended up at that spot. They couldn't stay on their side of the street, because they were focused on that opposite corner.

You're doing the same thing. You're focusing on that thought, so that thought keeps coming back. Stop worrying about it. You said it yourself. You have no interest in killing yourself, so stop worrying that the continual thought will bring you there.

Instead, focus on who you're supposed to be focusing on -- the Lord!

Of course that thought will come back again. It's bound to because you've been focusing on it. Just stop worrying about it when it comes, because the focus is Jesus.

Truthfully, that thought pops up now and again for me. I laugh at it, because it is not who I am, and then I get back on to what I was doing. It's not a spiritual attack, (another phrase you can get caught focusing on.) It's human nature. Not such a big problem for us anymore, because we have supernature living in us to guide us beyond our former nature.

Where your focus is, there you will go.

JAnu

Jan 17, 2018
Dear Sister in Christ,

I was attacked in the same way some days back.

I too tried casting out that demon..

same thoughts used to come back again after sometime.

Then I stopped casting, started crying out to God to strengthen me cz I felt how weak I was and I asked lord for what reason did he allow this:

and I felt Lord speaking to my heart:

All these attacks he allowed only to strengthen me and to show how weak I am and how much I need to be dependent on him and all this to break and humble me so that I can be his useful weapon for his Glory.

Fear not Sister , do not loose heart.

Everything God allows for a reason and season.

As the word says-
7 Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory..

Surely I will pray .. that God may deliver you completely and accomplish his purpose through this.

JoshMal

Jan 18, 2018
I'll pray 4 u, Jenny. Do your best to fill your mind with God's Word. Think of Him more often. Focus on seeking Him. God Bless.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Jenny,

Maybe there is something in your life that needs attention...that God wants to heal by using one of His servants. I am praying for you, but I would also encourage you to reach out to pastor, a Christian counselor, or some kind of professional by phone that will help you work through any problems from your past that may need some healing. God loves you and wants you to live life to the fullest. It may be that you need to let go of something. You are a treasure and deserve to be free from feelings of despair and sadness.