Please pray for my 14 year old son Elijah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Elijah has had a lot of hurt and problems. He has not been home since December and is on drugs. He has been thrown out of the house he was staying in. Please pray he will surrender to God and be kept safe. With sincere thanks.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Elijah has had a lot of hurt and problems. He has not been home since December and is on drugs. He has been thrown out of the house he was staying in. Please pray he will surrender to God and be kept safe. With sincere thanks.
So sad and so young to be caught up in that mess. If he is 14, does the state offer any kind of help for minors?

I pray he will want to get the help needed and try to get clean. May God watch over him, give him the strength to heal, and keep him safe in God's patience as he struggles through his hurt and problems.

Also, dear God pray for Butterflyyy as she wrestles with fear, worry, and the helplessness that often comes with when a child falls into drugs. Lord bless her, give her your peace and provide the wisdom needed to respond to the situation. Amen.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
So sad and so young to be caught up in that mess. If he is 14, does the state offer any kind of help for minors?

I pray he will want to get the help needed and try to get clean. May God watch over him, give him the strength to heal, and keep him safe in God's patience as he struggles through his hurt and problems.

Also, dear God pray for Butterflyyy as she wrestles with fear, worry, and the helplessness that often comes with when a child falls into drugs. Lord bless her, give her your peace and provide the wisdom needed to respond to the situation. Amen.
Amen, thank you.
The State do not have the answer for him; it is just as you said, he needs to want the help and he needs to take some responsibility also for choosing the wrong path. Drugs are making everything worse not better but he has been very hurt by others especially his Dad, and the educational system aswell.
Thank you very much for your prayers.
God bless you.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
So sorry to hear of your heartbreak. (hugs you) Praying for you both.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Amen, thank you.
The State do not have the answer for him; it is just as you said, he needs to want the help and he needs to take some responsibility also for choosing the wrong path. Drugs are making everything worse not better but he has been very hurt by others especially his Dad, and the educational system aswell.
Thank you very much for your prayers.
God bless you.
Father issues are one of the leading statistic to drug use. So sad to hear. Can his father try to reach him and mend what was broken?

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Father issues are one of the leading statistic to drug use. So sad to hear. Can his father try to reach him and mend what was broken?
No he refuses. He has tried and failed, and is backslidden with issues himself. He doesn’t want the responsibility, he leaves that on me.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
No he refuses. He has tried and failed, and is backslidden with issues himself. He doesn’t want the responsibility, he leaves that on me.
Responsibility is a mighty virtue our culture is doing a great job at killing. Don't want your child? Abortion. Don't want your marriage? Divorce. Don't want a job? Welfare. No boundaries in life, do what makes you happy says the culture. All ways lead to salvation says the Universalist. Our leaders show that in disorder the responsibility to pay for your wrongdoing is invalid if the means justify the ends.

Two lost souls a father and son. The father's lack of responsibility falls onto the son as he fails to take responsibility for his life. It is a sad cycle. Me being a father I guess these events always hit closer to home as I have family members that have seen the same fate.

Make sure you do not fight this on your own. Find women to surround you who will encourage and always be willing to listen. The weight that mothers carry especially without the father's help can be extremely difficult.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Responsibility is a mighty virtue our culture is doing a great job at killing. Don't want your child? Abortion. Don't want your marriage? Divorce. Don't want a job? Welfare. No boundaries in life, do what makes you happy says the culture. All ways lead to salvation says the Universalist. Our leaders show that in disorder the responsibility to pay for your wrongdoing is invalid if the means justify the ends.

Two lost souls a father and son. The father's lack of responsibility falls onto the son as he fails to take responsibility for his life. It is a sad cycle. Me being a father I guess these events always hit closer to home as I have family members that have seen the same fate.

Make sure you do not fight this on your own. Find women to surround you who will encourage and always be willing to listen. The weight that mothers carry especially without the father's help can be extremely difficult.
Thank you. The Lord will fight for me.
I have caring Christians around me that I am very thankful for.
Thanks again for your prayers.

IlovelivingforJesus

Dec 29, 2019
St. Louis
Praying for your son ,you and family. God please let there be wide spread Salvation in this family immediately in the name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus please fix anything that is broken right away and increase hope. We thank you loving God Amen.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Praying for your son ,you and family. God please let there be wide spread Salvation in this family immediately in the name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus please fix anything that is broken right away and increase hope. We thank you loving God Amen.
Amen... wow I have been so down and the depression started to lift about 25 minutes ago when you typed this prayer!! Hope started to rise in my heart.
Thank you so much
Bless the Lord x

Aug 25, 2020
I pray that your son is found by the great shepherd and his made whole in christ away from any addictions in Jesus name . His a blessing in God's purpose. Amen

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I pray that your son is found by the great shepherd and his made whole in christ away from any addictions in Jesus name . His a blessing in God's purpose. Amen
Amen yes amen.
Thank you brother.
Bless you.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
So very sad to hear about your son. Drug addiction has become a big problem in these last days. I will keep Elijah in prayer, as well as you and your family.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Dearest Butterflyyy, my heart goes out to you and your son Elijah, and all your family. I often wonder how many people knew what was going on in my life as a teen when I fell into drug use, because it was in those days something to be hidden as much as possible, though attitudes and even laws have changed much since those days of yore. What your son needs more than anything is to know he is loved, and it is so sad that he cannot grasp or comprehend the amount of love you have for him. I pray he is able to take a good, long, hard look at the circumstances of his life enough to see that the road he has chosen to travel will never lead him to any place he wants to go. The seduction of the drug culture and the false promises of glamor and glory embedded within it are powerful lures for the uninitiated, though truly are thinly veiled modes of self destruction. He may also desire freedom, but without responsibility, it is simply chaos and escape. I pray also for your peace of mind. You are such a sweet heart and are often so very encouraging to others with the sharing of your inspirational life experiences and first hand knowledge of God's love for you and His power working in your life. Dear heavenly Father, we lift up Elijah and Butterflyyy to You this day. We earnestly beseech you to intervene in the life of this young man to lead his steps onto a healthier more life affirming path. Please comfort Butterflyyy with Your presence. We believe Your promises and trust in Your goodness. In the sweet and precious Name of Jesus we pray, amen.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
@Butterflyyy - this situation with your son is waaaaaaaay bigger than you or your son or his dad......God is the ONLY ONE bigger and God will be victorious!

In Malachi God promises to send the Spirit of Elijah to turn the hearts of the fathers to the sons and the hearts of the sons to the fathers......... God is about to do amazing things for you, your son and his father! Hold on to your faith - there's A LOT more happening than just what you see....

I believe, God is actually preparing your son Elijah for his ministry which will be reconciliation of fathers and sons.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please forgive all sins of Elijah and his father and establish them in Your righteousness in Jesus Christ.

All of us unite our faith in Jesus Christ with our sister Butterflyyy and pray for the salvation of the soul of Elijah and his calling into ministry!

Release and bombard Elijah with Your angels and Your laborers - may they protect and intervene for his life and well being.

Rescue, redeem and deliver Elijah from ALL darkness - we stand in faith that works by love and decree Your Word and Your Spirit into the depths of Elijah's heart and mind that he knows You and loves You - His True Father, expose all lies that he has believed as truth and fill him with absolute truth of who he is in Christ and Your plan and purposes for him, in the Mighty and Highly Exalted Name of Jesus Christ - Elijah's Lord, Savior and King, amen! :love:(y)

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Dear heavenly Father, we lift up Elijah and Butterflyyy to You this day. We earnestly beseech you to intervene in the life of this young man to lead his steps onto a healthier more life affirming path. Please comfort Butterflyyy with Your presence. We believe Your promises and trust in Your goodness. In the sweet and precious Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
Amen and Amen! :love:(y)

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Dearest Butterflyyy, my heart goes out to you and your son Elijah, and all your family. I often wonder how many people knew what was going on in my life as a teen when I fell into drug use, because it was in those days something to be hidden as much as possible, though attitudes and even laws have changed much since those days of yore. What your son needs more than anything is to know he is loved, and it is so sad that he cannot grasp or comprehend the amount of love you have for him. I pray he is able to take a good, long, hard look at the circumstances of his life enough to see that the road he has chosen to travel will never lead him to any place he wants to go. The seduction of the drug culture and the false promises of glamor and glory embedded within it are powerful lures for the uninitiated, though truly are thinly veiled modes of self destruction. He may also desire freedom, but without responsibility, it is simply chaos and escape. I pray also for your peace of mind. You are such a sweet heart and are often so very encouraging to others with the sharing of your inspirational life experiences and first hand knowledge of God's love for you and His power working in your life. Dear heavenly Father, we lift up Elijah and Butterflyyy to You this day. We earnestly beseech you to intervene in the life of this young man to lead his steps onto a healthier more life affirming path. Please comfort Butterflyyy with Your presence. We believe Your promises and trust in Your goodness. In the sweet and precious Name of Jesus we pray, amen.
Amen, thank you so much ❤️XX