my mom is over 7,000 dollars in debt, she's been verbally abusive to me, and she's been drowning out her issues in marijuana. my 3 younger siblings suffocated my 12 week old kitten in a backpack and showed no remorse. my grandpa is also struggling with suicidal thoughts and dementia, and ive been so depressed lately that i cant even get out of bed, eat, or do anything without losing the whole point. please, pray for my family to come to a realization that how they treat each other. please, at the very least, pray for things to get better. for me AND my family. we've all seen too much to have to deal with more struggles.
I just prayed to the Almighty Creator of the Universe for you Maxx. I hope the following statements from the Word of God will help comfort and bless you. If you ask Him right now, I think He will.
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1
Jesus knows what you are going through. Many of His family members were killed as your precious pet was. He knows how much you love it and how badly you feel about your friend and the rest of your family.
15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Hebrews 4
A high priest goes to God the Father on our behalf. Jesus is not only God the only begotten Son, but also a human being as you probably know. As such He can go to the Father on behalf of us sinful people. Since He has no sin, He was the only acceptable sacrifice Who was able to pay for all of our sins.
He suffered much like you are, yet far more. God is His Father, and not Joseph, so he had half brothers since Mary had children from Joseph after Jesus' miraculous virgin birth. Guess what they did through the first part of adulthood? They rejected Jesus and hated Him. They even tried to get Him killed. I was just listening to a sermon about this. That reminds me of another verse sandwiched between the ones I just posted above.
11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
All my childhood, I was taught to think that I had to do enough good to outweigh my bad/sins.
I thought I might make it to heaven if I didn't commit crimes and obeyed the commandments.
The problem I realized is that none of my good works pay for any sins. I knew Jesus died on the cross, the Just for the unjust, for all of my sins....kinda. I mistakenly thought He made a down payment and I had to pay the rest . I was wrong because He paid for all sins throughout history including our future sins.
My trust/faith/belief was partly in Him plus partly in myself.
The problem is that Even someone who tells a lie is condemned.
8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21
According to the Lord, I have been guilty of sins I underlined.
According to the Lord, where do we deserve to go if we were to die today, Heaven or Hell?
Maxx, I was your age when I had someone care enough to show this to me. That's an age when we are/were pretty much men.
God holds men accountable for their actions, words and decisions. I had come close to dying a number of times by 15.
My Mom's second husband tried to kill me by shooting a 12 gauge shotgun an inch from my face, then he tried to get me to fall off a building and look like an accident. I also had high speed motorcycle accident, so I knew what it was to come very close to death at a young age. God saved my life in those close calls and more.
My heart was also broken and family a mess. God took those horrible things that I suffered to show me His love and
grace (undeserved kindness).
He sent someone to me to tell me the truth of how to be saved from Hell and receive a gift that no amount of money could ever buy. Since we cannot save ourselves by our good works, we need to quit trusting ourselves and put our trust in another
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2
A. Salvation happens through faith (trusting or believing)
B. It has nothing to do with ourselves because it is Not of works.
C. It is The gift from God
God already paid for the gift of everlasting life. We can't add to that by our deeds, money baptism, keeping the commandments, trying real hard to not sin, or anything else.
A gift is something paid for by the giver, but you must do what?
A: Receive it by faith/ believing in/trusting in Jesus instead of self
12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name
When you decide to quit trusting self and instead put all of your trust in Jesus is when you receive that gift, are spiritually born into God's family and will from that minute forward go to Heaven whenever you die.
It might seem too simple, but that's the way God designed it, so even a child can trust Him.
He provided many promises about this. One is given to you when you decide to receive His gift.
11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
I John 5
It's not a coincidence that you are here. The Lord knows what you are going through. He also knows how much you need this right now. In spite of all the bad things we have done against Him in our lives, He wants to forgive you and offers you His love and kindness.
You are at the same age that He offered this to me because it's an important time at the beginning of adulthood. It's time to get that right now, so I will make it easy for you. I will provide this prayer to receive the gift and be forgiven forever. Just tell Him this out loud and from your heart because He is listening.
Dear Jesus,
I know that I have sinned and deserve Hell.
There's no amount of good works I could do to save me.
Thank You for suffering so much torturous punishment for those sins and dying for me.
I know that You arose from the tomb after 3 days.
Thank you for offering Your gift of salvation and everlasting life.
I am deciding right now to trust you and receive this gift according to Your promises.
Thank You so much for your loving kindness.
Amen
According to the Lord, if you sincerely trusted Him alone, He has just given you a gift greater than all the money in the world. Maxx, where will you go if you died anytime from now to a hundred years from now?