Please read as I am losing faith

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MrGone

Banned
Apr 11, 2015
32
0
0
You see I am a very logical person. So when stories like Noah's Ark are presented to me, I tend over analyze them. I read this article:

The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark | NCSE

It makes perfect sense. I'm not trying to troll. I just can't reconcile certain beliefs with the physical possibilities of reality.
 
Faith is not a matter of being convinced by empirical evidences. In fact faith is completely the opposite. Faith means accepting something as truth even when all of the empirical evidences seem to stand against it.
 
you don't have to reconcile anything. God created everything simple. if you seek Him, He will tell you the simple truth. the devil and all mankind will lie to you to keep your soul damned. God will set you free, if and only if He decides to have mercy on you and soften your heart instead of hardening it. (so it's good to ask Him for mercy)
 
i'm just trying to understand. If god set all things into motion, then the events which eventually lead to noah's ark, devils, and demons were all his plan. It is up to me to wade through all of that complexity and discover what he really meant for the truth to be. seems unnecessarily convoluted. I'm just a stray. Hoping to find my way back.
 
i'm just trying to understand. If god set all things into motion, then the events which eventually lead to noah's ark, devils, and demons were all his plan. It is up to me to wade through all of that complexity and discover what he really meant for the truth to be. seems unnecessarily convoluted. I'm just a stray. Hoping to find my way back.

What exactly are you struggling with when you read the Bible? Perhaps you are having difficulty because you do not really understand how to approach this book.
 
Faith is not a matter of being convinced by empirical evidences. In fact faith is completely the opposite. Faith means accepting something as truth even when all of the empirical evidences seem to stand against it.

I guess I'm just trying to understand why empirical evidence exists if it contradicts the bible. Did the devil create it to confuse us? But wouldn't that mean that it was all part of God's plan. Why would God want to purposely confuse us?

*edit - it goes beyond mere confusion. It's as if certain evidence is presented to specifically make you disbelieve. maybe I am just lost.
 
Last edited:
I guess I'm just trying to understand why empirical evidence exists if it contradicts the bible. Did the devil create it to confuse us? But wouldn't that mean that it was all part of God's plan. Why would God want to purposely confuse us?

Why are you assuming they exist in contradiction. What is in contradiction is the scientific interpretation of the evidences. Do not automatically assume scientific interpretation of evidence as fact.
 
Sorry, let me preface my back story. I am young. I don't understand why the bible wouldn't warn people of parasites and other diseases. Besides these outdated things, I don't know understand certain biblical teachings. I can go into greater detail if you'd like. I raise these questions during bible study at church but i get frowned upon.
 
Sorry, let me preface my back story. I am young. I don't understand why the bible wouldn't warn people of parasites and other diseases. Besides these outdated things, I don't know understand certain biblical teachings. I can go into greater detail if you'd like. I raise these questions during bible study at church but i get frowned upon.

I see. It looks like one of your problems is that you are trying to interpret the Bible rather than learning to generalize eternal truths.
 
Why are you assuming they exist in contradiction. What is in contradiction is the scientific interpretation of the evidences. Do not automatically assume scientific interpretation of evidence as fact.

I don't automatically assume. I know why modern warships are made from metal instead of wood because they need the support to sustain such size. It would have been impossible for Noah to build a ship with the proportions necessary to accommodate all those animals. Even our largest modern ships could not.
 
i'm just trying to understand. If god set all things into motion, then the events which eventually lead to noah's ark, devils, and demons were all his plan. It is up to me to wade through all of that complexity and discover what he really meant for the truth to be. seems unnecessarily convoluted. I'm just a stray. Hoping to find my way back.

What He wanted for Truth for you is to KNOW Truth.. and Pure Truth is the Person of Christ.. God manifest in the flesh.. He who gave Himself on tree.. One cannot really understand or comprehend or try to grasp it all without Knowing Him.. for the Bible from front to back Testifies of Him and Redemption.... He Truly Stands at the Door and knocks.. and if your seeking Him or the Word.. that is because He has placed that desire there.. Truth is a Person.. to know Him is Eternal Life. many 'know of Him' they know things about Him.. know the doctrine surrounding Him, but yet they do not KNOW HIM, He is the One who can only Reveal Himself to you.. and He will... the best place to See Truth.. and to understand 'truth' and Pure Love.. Agape Love.. would be to go stand at the Bloody Tree.. Look to the One who Gave Himself there. He will show you what He DID for you there.. not about how much you can do or what you can do.. but WHAT He did for you there.. when that revelation Hits your spirit and heart and He allows you to understand the Greatness of that 'giving' of Himself.. then ye will know. and for you Personally, it will become a life changing event.. Look to the bloody Tree where Christ was crucified.. The is 100 % Evidence of God's Redemptive Plan.. it all revolves around that! He is Merciful and Gracious and so Loving and Sooo Meek. you cant even begin to comprehend His Character.. Yet He is Just and Holy and Righteous...


Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you Rest.--- Take My Yoke upon you, and Learn of me; for I am Meek and Lowly in Heart: and ye shall find Rest unto your souls.---- For my Yoke is Easy, and My Burden is Light. Matthew 11
 
I guess I'm just trying to understand why empirical evidence exists if it contradicts the bible. Did the devil create it to confuse us? But wouldn't that mean that it was all part of God's plan. Why would God want to purposely confuse us?

*edit - it goes beyond mere confusion. It's as if certain evidence is presented to specifically make you disbelieve.

There is plenty of evidence to support the existence of God, and to support the validity of the scripture, and to answer your questions, and to tear down opposing philosophies like neo-darwinism...
but most people don't want that evidence.

It's up to you.

There is plenty of information, plenty of websites, plenty of books to read.
Whatever you want answers to, there is information available... theology, philosophy, history, science, cosmology, archaeology... it's all there for you to study if you really want answers.

It's up to you.

Do you want to do your homework, and find answers to your questions,
or do you just want to be complacent?

It's all up to you.
 
I don't automatically assume. I know why modern warships are made from metal instead of wood because they need the support to sustain such size. It would have been impossible for Noah to build a ship with the proportions necessary to accommodate all those animals. Even our largest modern ships could not.

Why????????????
 
I see. It looks like one of your problems is that you are trying to interpret the Bible rather than learning to generalize eternal truths.

I agree certain "eternal moral truths' seem important, but when other parts conflict with what i feel to be true.............well then i'd rather trust in myself than the bible.
 
to jump off subject......... if an atheist like bill gates donates 99% of his wealth to curing disease and helping others, yet a raping, violent criminal who believes can repent and he'll be saved. but if bill dies staying true to his beliefs he will suffer eternally. who deserves it more?
 
Faith comes from listening to this message of good news____The Good news about Christ. Romans 10:17

Whatever is not of faith is Sin . Romans 14:23

I live by Faith ,not by sight 2 corinthians 5:7

Faith is being sure of what i hope for and certain of what i do not.......By Faith I Understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible Hebrews 11:1,3

My Faith does not rest in the wisdom of men (human Philosophy), but in the power of God.!