Please read as I am losing faith

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
When your relationship with Christ is richly intimate, some things you feel you need to know just aren't that important anymore.

II Cor. 11.jpg
 
find me one large enough ship that is built of wood that could carry so many animals.

Why are you dismissing the reality and the power of God in this? From the stand point of physics the ark was quite sufficiently constructed to fulfill the functioned for which it was designed. Have you ever read a book entitled "The Genesis Flood?"
 
the past few posts all the same thing. ignore what you know to be true (at least until this point) and keep believing. I'd prefer a message that was keep learning as much as possible and eventually you'll obtain the truth. Not one that says "the truth will remain hidden and just hope you chose correctly".
 
Why are you dismissing the reality and the power of God in this? From the stand point of physics the ark was quite sufficiently constructed to fulfill the functioned for which it was designed. Have you ever read a book entitled "The Genesis Flood?"

i dismiss it because it has never been shown to me. if god can warp physics and quantum reality i've yet to see it (nor has anyone else)
 
to jump off subject......... if an atheist like bill gates donates 99% of his wealth to curing disease and helping others, yet a raping, violent criminal who believes can repent and he'll be saved. but if bill dies staying true to his beliefs he will suffer eternally. who deserves it more?

Neither one deserves it. You don't earn salvation.
 
i dismiss it because it has never been shown to me. if god can warp physics and quantum reality i've yet to see it (nor has anyone else)

If have ALREADY DISMISSED the "reality and power of God"...
then why are you here?


If you are unwillingly to consider God, or his existence, or his power...
why are you here?

Seems like you don't really have questions at all.
Seems like you've made up your mind completely,
and you just came here to debate.

Why not just admit that?
 
Sorry, let me preface my back story. I am young. I don't understand why the bible wouldn't warn people of parasites and other diseases. Besides these outdated things, I don't know understand certain biblical teachings. I can go into greater detail if you'd like. I raise these questions during bible study at church but i get frowned upon.

have you not read the bible yet ? (it does warn of parasites and other diseases, and tells how to prevent them , to avoid them, and to cure them)

these are not outdated things.

very few understand the bible.
a great(church types) many understand biblical teachings(but the teachings are false)

yes, the truth is frowned upon by the whole world and by most churches it is not permitted. here also by many.

i'm just trying to understand. If god set all things into motion, then the events which eventually lead to noah's ark, devils, and demons were all his plan. It is up to me to wade through all of that complexity and discover what he really meant for the truth to be. seems unnecessarily convoluted. I'm just a stray. Hoping to find my way back.
no, you cannot wade through the complexity even of this forum, let alone all that is in the churches and in the world.

it is very very convoluted. (the world and all its deceptions)

but the truth is simple. a little child can see it. scholars and lawyers cannot.

I guess I'm just trying to understand why empirical evidence exists if it contradicts the bible. Did the devil create it to confuse us? But wouldn't that mean that it was all part of God's plan. Why would God want to purposely confuse us?

*edit - it goes beyond mere confusion. It's as if certain evidence is presented to specifically make you disbelieve. maybe I am just lost.
remember, nothing that is TRUTH contradicts the BIBLE. the WORD of GOD is TRUE, ALWAYS.

yes, a lot of evidence is presented to specifically AND GENERALLY make you disbelieve. (even on this forum by many posters)

yes, you are lost most likely, but not necessarily and hopefully not for long. you could be a fraud posting for attention or some kind of grim pleasure, or you could be truly seeking GOD and HIS KINGDOM. KEEP SEEKING if you want to FIND HIM -- HIS PROMISE IS THAT YOU WILL FIND HIM.
 
If have ALREADY DISMISSED the "reality and power of God"...
then why are you here?


If you are unwillingly to consider God, or his existence, or his power...
why are you here?

Seems like you don't really have questions at all.
Seems like you've made up your mind completely,
and you just came here to debate.

Why not just admit that?

I have not made my mind up. Sorry, I did not mean to upset you. Same reactions I got in bible study. I'll leave now.
 
this is a sad reasoning since the Bible refers to Kinds - which is more like - Cat kind, Dog kind, horse kind - reduces it greatly Since we are so smart check out The Creation Tutor — Creation, Creationism, Evolution, Evolutionism

I have some downloads from a Life Science class - 8th grade - that makes the flood and Noah's ark pretty understandable

Really your 30 years old and cannot find the faith to defend it with solid answers? Come on man put your pants on, or are you really just trolling?
 
You see I am a very logical person. So when stories like Noah's Ark are presented to me, I tend over analyze them. I read this article:

The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark | NCSE

It makes perfect sense. I'm not trying to troll. I just can't reconcile certain beliefs with the physical possibilities of reality.

Forget the Old Testament since it is causing you more damage than anything else!

Focus rather on the true light, Jesus Christ, our beloved God!
 
the past few posts all the same thing. ignore what you know to be true (at least until this point) and keep believing. I'd prefer a message that was keep learning as much as possible and eventually you'll obtain the truth. Not one that says "the truth will remain hidden and just hope you chose correctly".
see my posts, and keep seeking truth, if you're not an impostor yourself...
it is GOD'S OWN PROMISE that if you seek HIM, HE HIMSELF will reveal the TRUTH ABOUT ALL THINGS....

you realize that 70,000 doesn't come close to the number of species on this world. closer to 8 million.
someone lied to you, and you believed them.
to jump off subject......... if an atheist like bill gates donates 99% of his wealth to curing disease and helping others, yet a raping, violent criminal who believes can repent and he'll be saved. but if bill dies staying true to his beliefs he will suffer eternally. who deserves it more?

bill ga..s. has never helped anyone in the world. his donations are smaller than the widows 2 pennies, and less helpful. keep seeking the truth, and you will find it (if you're not a fraud).
 
i dismiss it because it has never been shown to me. if god can warp physics and quantum reality i've yet to see it (nor has anyone else)

Scripture is replete with such examples. Scripture presents reality as a bicameral singularity. It is impossible to understand the natural world apart from the unseen would. I do not have the time to go into this right this minute, I have a class to prepare for but if you are interested I would like to continue this later on today.
 
Scripture is replete with such examples. Scripture presents reality as a bicameral singularity. It is impossible to understand the natural world apart from the unseen would. I do not have the time to go into this right this minute, I have a class to prepare for but if you are interested I would like to continue this later on today.

a bicameral singularity sounds like a paradox. and that would make it impossible to really understand. perhaps further discussion is unneeded.
 
First of all... if anyone lacks wisdom, God said to ask Him and He will give you wisdom. He promised not to withhold it. Another thing, unless God call you (or unless God sees that you have genuinely softened your heart to receive Him), you'll never get it. Because the carnal (intellectual) mind cannot grasp the LORD. So all the dialoguing about technicalities in the Scripture will never get you one step closer to knowing Jesus Christ intimately. You're just kicking up the dust of wood, hay & stubble.

If you really want to understand the Word of God, you need to talk to Him directly and then open your ears.

The LORD's will be done.
 
I have not made my mind up. Sorry, I did not mean to upset you. Same reactions I got in bible study. I'll leave now.

1. Your disbelief doesn't upset me.
Your disbelief affects YOU. It doesn't affect ME.

2. You said, very clearly, you had already DISMISSED any belief in God, or in his power.
That is what YOU stated.
Well... if you have dismissed belief in God... that makes you an atheist.

3. I stated very clearly there is a PLETHORA of resources to answers ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS, if you actually want answers. But you don't seem interested in genuine answers... just debate.

4. If you want to disbelieve, that's fine.
That's your prerogative.
If you want answers, there are countless books, articles, websites, and videos available... by lots of guys with PhDs... on topics as diverse as theology, philosophy, history, archaeology, paleontology, physics, astronomy, geology, chemistry, biology, microbiology... and on and on and on.
Take your pick.

All the answers are there if you are actually serious about any of this.

If you're serious about getting answers, the answers are available.

If you're serious about answers, it's all there for you if you go study, and do your homework.

Most people aren't serious.

Most people don't want answers.