Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.
If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!
Have you checked out the studies of Ken Ham, the forerunner in Creation research? He provides some excellent counter-research to this stuff and heads the Creation Museum.
Have you checked out the studies of Ken Ham, the forerunner in Creation research? He provides some excellent counter-research to this stuff and heads the Creation Museum.
Sorry if you are referring to me, then no, but their 'basics' are documented, written in the Old Testament, about creation and civilization and henceforth, enough for me to be in 'knowledge faith' and also accept what i hear from science, in support according to them, from time to time and yes indeed.
But, since it is written, "Seek ye first ............................................" and many other quotes of CHRIST in the HOLY BIBLE, i am always reminded and my memory stirred up by the Help of the HOLY SPIRIT, from the words/teachings of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, according to the written New Testament, being concerned, how or whether, i am indeed 'faithfully', 'practicing' and 'abiding' according to them and 'bear much fruit'. These are the 'alarm bells' most importantly will be 'ringing' day and night in my life, out of 'AGAPE' concern that comes from above.
Ephesians chapter 6;15 says that, "Our 'desire/readiness' to tell the Good News and Peace, should be like the shoe we wear on our feet". This is our true 'AGAPE' in saving souls from the 'wrath' and 'judgement' of GOD to come.
Regarding 'mixing' and 'too much' knowledge of this world, results to, as it is written;
"Ever learning but never come to the knowledge of the truth."
"And if I have prophetic powers and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."
The Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
Does the Sun really rise and set?
is the Earth really stationary?
our reasoning and our senses can deceive us.
it is wise to trust our unchanging God rather than our misleading reasoning.
to jump off subject......... if an atheist like bill gates donates 99% of his wealth to curing disease and helping others, yet a raping, violent criminal who believes can repent and he'll be saved. but if bill dies staying true to his beliefs he will suffer eternally. who deserves it more?
If I had 100 billion dollars I would find it quite fulfilling to give away 99 billion dollars and scrape by on the other billion dollars especially when more was pouring in. I would also gain great prestige and admiration. But it would not make me a more worthy person. Nor would it contribute one jot to my salvation. Before God I would be judged on what I was in myself and would be found wanting.
The same applies to your raping violent criminal. Both are judged at God's judgment seat and are found wanting.
But on your analogy there is one difference between the two The second, like the dying thief who had also been a violent criminal, has clearly sought Christ for salvation. The sufferings of Christ were therefore set off against his sins. His heart has become open to God so that God can change and transform him. He has become responsive to God. How different it is (on your suggestion) from the case of the benevolent rich man. The benevolent rich man's heart is not open. God cannot change him. He does not seek Christ for salvation. Whose fault is it that he is lost?
I don't know who you think I am, but I am not them. I am just a random person showing you yet another example of how your religious institutions are depleting.