Please recommend Bible teachers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
again, this is not true.

if it were true, God would not have given teachers as one of the gifts for the edification of the church

I would strongly advise against sitting and letting something talk into your mind, that is a dangerous practice

you do not seem to know the truth yourself or you would quit telling people they do not need anyone to teach them

in fact, the Holy Spirit may lead people away from false teachers, but He will never tell someone they need no one.
lenna - one way God speaks to us is in our mind - in our thoughts.

There are lots of voices- we have to learn to recognize who is speaking to us.

God the Father - pure unconditional love

God the Son - as a friend, brother and lover of our soul

God the Holy Spirit- as a teacher, counselor, comforter, guide

Satan/demons/etc - always condemning you or telling you you’re better than everyone and condemning others, they want us to hurt ourselves and hurt others

Us - our own voice is trying to reason and make decisions, remembering memories, creating solutions to problems

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
No, not true. It’s NOT only to me - it’s ONLY to the Truth.

The Holy Spirit in every believer will bear witness to Truth when spoken in others - no matter who they are. BUT, the Holy Spirit ONLY bears witness to the Truth - no respecter of person.
True.
The Body of Christ is the sum total of all believers in Christ. The Church. His church. The Holy Spirit is within the Body of Christ because the believer is indwelt with Holy Spirit God.
Human teachers are fallible as we know. The list of Bible teachers given thus far is one that if members were to debate their teachings as they understand them, would likely not agree each and every teacher listed is solid or a credible instructor for gleaning the truth in the word.
The Holy Spirit of God is the source of all truth and is a teacher of the word. We don't necessarily have to read others, we just have to be still and listen to him.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Nehemiah 9:20
“You gave Your good Spirit to instruct them,
Your manna You did not withhold from their mouth,
And You gave them water for their thirst.

Matthew 10:19-20
But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Mark 13:11
When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit.

Luke 12:12
for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

1 John 2:27
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Holy-Spirit-As-Teacher

Sep 3, 2016
Men of God teachers:

Brother Jimmy Swaggart
Watch SBN - Listen SLR

Brother Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Brother Curtis Hutchinson
Pastor Curtis

Brother Torrance Nash
Evangelist Torrance Nash

Every Chapter and verse (Jot and Tittle) in the Word of God is about, and has to be seen through faith in Christ and His Sacrificial work. Never forget that Jesus said that the volume (ALL) the Book (Scriptures) were written of Him (Psalm 40:7, Hebrews 10:7). He also in another place tells us the Scriptures are about Him (John 5:39). The Apostle Paul would continue to write the same things over and over to God’s people, because he knew the same grace and faith that saved them would be the only grace and faith that would carry them through to the end of the race. It did not become grievous for the Apostle to continually point to Jesus and His work at the cross, and to give the instructions to the church so they could continually express Christ in all they did.

L

lenna

What's wrong with both? Scripture mentions both, or do we just ditch the Scriptures and get led (hopefully) by the Holy Spirit with no Scriptures to test the 'spirits'.?
myself and several others had this discussion with her in another thread and there was no question that the Holy Spirit does teach and that we do pray before study. Of course we pray! But we do not ditch what scripture states about counsel from people or that teaching is one of the gifts of the Spirit (and we acknowledge there are false teachers but they have always been around) and she never once acknowledged any of that

rather, she creates posts that do not reflect on what is said but instead seems to state she is the only one who acknowledges the Holy Spirit is sent of God

test the spirits? who needs that when you are taught exclusively by the Holy Spirit

smh

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Nothing wrong with doing both, BUT if all I do is read commentaries, listen to sermons etc and not learn to SEEK understanding from the Holy Spirit then, I can easily believe a lie as truth.

I enjoy Bible studies and listen to sermons, Bible teachers BUT, I ONLY depend on the Holy Spirit for understanding - the Holy Spirit has to bear witness that what they say is true.

In 1 John 2:27 - John was warning believers of being seduced by false teachers so, he encouraged them to depend on the Holy Spirit to know the Truth.
Okay fair enough, but what you say here seemed to contradict what you said in post#18 where you said...

"Nope. What I know, no man has taught me.

Man teaches what he knows but, the Holy Spirit teaches what He knows.......

Who do you want to listen to?" :unsure:

L

lenna

lenna - one way God speaks to us is in our mind - in our thoughts.

God the Father - pure unconditional love

God the Son - as a friend, brother and lover of our soul

God the Holy Spirit- as a teacher, counselor, comforter, guide

Satan/demons/etc - always condemning you or telling you you’re better than everyone and condemning others, they want us to hurt ourselves and hurt others

Us - our own voice is trying to reason and make decisions, remembering memories, creating solutions to problems

right. learned that many years ago

I also learned that people are deceived when they believe they are unique in the body of Christ

you are not unique and you fall under the same requirements as the rest of the body of Christ

you did forget something about the devil/demons though. they are artful deceivers

who is speaking to you and telling you that you do not need to be taught by anyone even though that goes against scripture?

why does that voice insist that no one but you seeks truth ? the Holy Spirit does lead into all truth, but not when a person fights against the very thing they would need to begin that journey

He is truth, just not your particular brand of it

L

lenna

actually, the truly ironic thing is that we should not listen to lafftur either and should reject what she says

she is not the Holy Spirit and therefore, we should not listen to her

you cannot make this stuff up

smh

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
actually, the truly ironic thing is that we should not listen to lafftur either and should reject what she says

she is not the Holy Spirit and therefore, we should not listen to her

you cannot make this stuff up

smh
I'd advise that only if you wanted the same treatment.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Ive been listening to Chip Ingram. He definitely is very gifted. Especially his sessions "emotions that destroy" is very good. I can recommend him.
Also Derek Prince and Walter Feid are pretty good about in deph knowledge.

L

lenna

I'd advise that only if you wanted the same treatment.

oh I know

the whole thing is ridiculous since no one ever said ignore the Holy Spirit or do not pray and similar

the other thread was an eye opener IMO since nothing myself or others said regarding the Holy Spirit and prayer and study was acknowledged

smh

L

lenna

Ive been listening to Chip Ingram. He definitely is very gifted. Especially his sessions "emotions that destroy" is very good. I can recommend him.
Also Derek Prince and Walter Feid are pretty good about in deph knowledge.

I am familiar with Derek Prince and find him to be balanced and very practical

don't know the others

Jul 23, 2018
Hey, so I was looking up Bible teachers. Would anyone here recommend a Bible teacher, preferably that have teachings online and also preferably have "through the Bible" studies?

I wouldn't mind, old, long-gone, Bible teachers, who have great commentaries too.

So far, I like and would recommend:

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

I haven't read all their works, but so far they seem great, recommend me Bible teachers?
Less feldick is Pauline only.
Not good.

Btw do you want in your list full gospel or cessationist?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Okay fair enough, but what you say here seemed to contradict what you said in post#18 where you said...

I don’t know something until I understand it - understanding comes from the Holy Spirit.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
right. learned that many years ago

I also learned that people are deceived when they believe they are unique in the body of Christ

you are not unique and you fall under the same requirements as the rest of the body of Christ

you did forget something about the devil/demons though. they are artful deceivers

who is speaking to you and telling you that you do not need to be taught by anyone even though that goes against scripture?

why does that voice insist that no one but you seeks truth ? the Holy Spirit does lead into all truth, but not when a person fights against the very thing they would need to begin that journey

He is truth, just not your particular brand of it
When did I ever say I was unique? :unsure:

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I think remarks to your bibliology has gone from the impersonal to the personal with that one. They're now making cracks at you personally and seemingly to assail you as a Christian, rather than appearing to take issue with the subject of the thread itself.
Forgive them their insecurity and ignorance, Lord. Open their eyes to your truth, that the deceit they defend be vanquished by your eternal light.
1 John 2:26 I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020

Where is the contradiction? Maybe in context we'll better understand Lafftur's observations. I enjoy Bible studies and listen to sermons, Bible teachers BUT, I ONLY depend on the Holy Spirit for understanding - the Holy Spirit has to bear witness that what they say is true. What I know, no man has taught me.

I read her observation to be, while she's enjoyed Bible studies and has listened to sermons and Bible teachers. She ascribes to the Holy Spirit bearing witness and affirming what was taught or what she was led to study is truth.
We may insist our understanding of the word is true, and there are times when we have it wrong. However, the Holy Spirit bears witness to what is truth. And therein is the difference.

I think that is as it should be according to scripture. Consider the many denominations that are in the world and the conflicting teachings they will often be found to promote. What one thing do those have in common? Denominational constructs? They're man made.

I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27 But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
God did. :)

Too late to edit my former post so there's this. Pasted with permission.
God made each of us unique masterpieces January 22,2010
By Billy Edwards

EDITOR'S NOTE: This column first appeared in The Gleaner on Jan. 5, 2008.

I can tell you something about yourself that even you may not realize. You may be surprised that I know this, but I do, and I want you to understand how I know it.

What do you think it is that I know about you? The answer: You are a masterpiece! When God made you, He really did break the mold! There is no other person who is exactly like you! You are an original!

Knowing that we are unique should humble us. It should make us realize just how much God loves us. We understand that no two people have the same fingerprint. That blows my mind just to consider that there is no other one in the human population who has the identical pattern that I have or you have.

It doesn't end there. We are told that one's DNA is strikingly different as well. No two people have the same identical DNA.

God wanted us to be uniquely different, and at the same time, have some of the same characteristics and traits of our parents. This is why when we were born, we may have ended up with our mother's eyes and our father's hair.

It goes even further as we grow older when we show some of the behavioral characteristics and mannerisms of our parents.

The Book of Psalms is one of my favorite sections of the Bible. This most expressive book, the majority of which was written by David, has some basic truths expressed in a poetic and graceful style.

In Psalm 139, he wrote, "I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are your works; and that my soul knows right well."

Notice the last phrase in this verse. I think this is worthy of our consideration, because this little phrase often gets passed over. There are so many people today who don't give God and our relationship with Him a second thought.

We take so many things for granted in this day and time, and we shouldn't, especially if we are Christians. With each passing day, we should gain a new appreciation for how He has blessed us.

God did not make us on a mass production line. He took great care in making us who we were meant to be. He had a purpose in mind for us even before we came into being.

He knew we would sin and be helpless to live up to His expectations. He knew we would fall. He knew we would fail, but he gave us a chance. Even though we have failed Him, He has provided us with hope and a way back to Him.

David wrote in Psalm 199:3, "Know ye that the Lord is God; it is He that has made us, and not we ourselves. We are his people, and the sheep of his flock."

There are those who have this totally in reverse. They think that God should cater to our every need and provide us with all of our desires. But God has made us for His glory and to serve Him.

Paul reminds us in First Corinthians, "For you are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which belongs to God."

What he is saying here is that we should not abuse what God has given us. Oftentimes we do not use what God has given us in the right way. We mistreat our bodies by smoking, drinking, using drugs, overeating or other things, then we fail to fulfill our greatest potential in our work, morals and relationships with other people.

We know we should not do it, but sometimes we have to remind ourselves just how far the Lord has brought us and where He is leading us.

You may not feel like a masterpiece. There are times when we feel anything but! Living life here on this planet is not always easy. But the Lord wants us to know how much He loves us and that He is with us even in times of despair.

If you feel abandoned today, please know that God is there. He may be just waiting for you to call on Him.

Always feel free to pray to Him and ask Him to come into your life and bring new hope, purpose, meaning and direction. Express your love for Him and promise you will worship and serve Him faithfully.

Until next week ? God bless.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Where is the contradiction? Maybe in context we'll better understand Lafftur's observations. I enjoy Bible studies and listen to sermons, Bible teachers BUT, I ONLY depend on the Holy Spirit for understanding - the Holy Spirit has to bear witness that what they say is true. What I know, no man has taught me.
I am asking her to simply clarify after her discussion with Scribe. Remember, I only threw out a Scripture (2Tim 2:24) in post #27 and she came after me.
I think that is as it should be according to scripture. Consider the many denominations that are in the world and the conflicting teachings they will often be found to promote. What one thing do those have in common? Denominational constructs? They're man made.
Well, I suppose we could all return to Rome and have no denominations.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I am asking her to simply clarify after her discussion with Scribe. Remember, I only threw out a Scripture (2Tim 2:24) in post #27 and she came after me.
She came after you?

Well, I suppose we could all return to Rome and have no denominations.
Maybe we could all return to the words of Christ and have no denominational conflicts. Many people when defending their understanding of scripture, and a member of a denomination, are defending what they've been led to understand in that church.