Please recommend Bible teachers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

Lafftur has come up with some serious errors in what she posts also. And the Holy Spirit does not make any such errors.
One of the most important things you learn on this forum is there are some here who are full of erroneous theology and beyond correction. I sometimes forget and respond to them myself, because I never put someone on ignore.

L

Locoponydirtman

that would be the reason for the fuss

what I find particularly disingenuous is the fact she continues to claim false conclusions by ignoring what some of us post and she did this in the other thread as well

but as far as black and white error goes, take for example her claims about demons (which came up in the other thread). she states they are all knowing about the future and that is an example of supposed knowledge she has received which is not in scripture

some people are unteachable
One of the most important things you learn on this forum is there are some here who are full of erroneous theology and beyond correction. I sometimes forget and respond to them myself, because I never put someone on ignore.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
that would be the reason for the fuss

what I find particularly disingenuous is the fact she continues to claim false conclusions by ignoring what some of us post and she did this in the other thread as well

but as far as black and white error goes, take for example her claims about demons (which came up in the other thread). she states they are all knowing about the future and that is an example of supposed knowledge she has received which is not in scripture

some people are unteachable
lenna, you don’t even believe God can speak to us in our thoughts.....:rolleyes:

His sheep know His voice. :love::love:(y)

All you do is misquote and misunderstand what I post. :rolleyes:

If we’re not fighting against flesh and blood then what are we up against?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Ephesians 6:12&version=KJV

Satan, demons, lying spirits, devils, etc - the Kingdom of darkness operates from the Spiritual Realm.

God and all the Heavenly Host and believers in Christ operate from the Heavenly Realm. We’re seated with Christ in heavenly places.

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 2:6 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Ephesians 2:6&version=KJV

Unsaved/Fallen mankind operates from the Physical Realm - easy prey.

An unsaved person can be possessed by a demon and that demon can speak through that person and tell what he sees in the Spiritual Realm concerning that person which oftentimes is future stuff that has already been released from the Heavenly Realm but, has not yet manifested in the Physical Realm.

The Spiritual Realm knows nothing until God releases the info from the Heavenly Realm.

Yes, ONLY God knows all of the future and controls all Time but, He releases knowledge of certain things - those demons can see it in the Spiritual Realm before it manifests in the Physical Realm.

Just a side note - don’t go to fortune tellers because you’d be talking to a demon.

I’m trying to explain to you why demons can tell the future (not all just what’s released) but, if it’s too confusing- no worries you don’t need to know all this info.

lenna, you are my sister in Christ and both of us are loved so much by God. Jesus Christ is Lord and our soon coming King - He’ll fix all of us....we need to only keep loving Him and each other! :love:(y)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
somoeone posted a list of teachers including Doreen Virtue?? Shes new age.

What you do, is get yourself a copy of the Bible...and READ it.

All teachers can do is encourage you to read it. Teachers must set aside all their thoughts and opinions and show by doing what the Bible says, as Jesus did. But its no substitute for reading the whole thing yourself, every day, praying and allowing God to teach you through His word.

if you cannot find time to read the Bible, MAKE time. one gets better at reading the more one does it. If you read the Bible out loud, other people can learn from hearing it. But its much better when everyone has their own copy and can go at their own pace by reading. Its much faster though if you read silently in your head. However, sadly, lots of people arent really readers. They dont make the connection between READING and LEARNING.

L

lenna

Scribe already deal with your error regarding the demonic so I thought I would save myself the trouble and just repost what he said

"Scribe, post: 4346453, member: 14352"]Ah! Just when I thought we were making progress. :( No, I don't think I am "getting it"

It sounds like an idealist concept that you are suggesting that all we have to do is pray and we will get some kind of "light bulb" moment, or a warm fuzzy telling us that the Spirit is confirming with some sort of inward peace that our understanding is what the Spirit intended.

I disagree. I think that the reason we know that our understanding is what the Spirit intended is by following sound rules of hermeneutics. Others who also follow those rules will agree and come to the same interpretation "that which the Spirit intended when the author wrote it in it's original context."

This is not human reasoning unless you are referring to the humans that God used to write the scripture but in that case it is verbal, plenary inspiration meaning that God used the personality and writing styles of the individual humans but guided them in such a way that even the words they used were inspired.

For example, your previous idea that demons can see into the future because the future is all laid out in the spiritual realm and they operate in the spiritual realm contradicts the scripture in Isaiah 41 that says that knowing the future is a divine attribute only and their idols could not do that, (and Paul said that we know that their idols are demons) so therefore demons cannot see into the future and do not possess this divine attribute) Your insisting that they can means that you are thinking that you are being taught this by the Holy Spirit but you are wrong because Isaiah 41 says that you are wrong and so your theory about being able to listen to these thoughts that you claim are from the Spirit has failed you in this regard as to demons seeing into the future and you are in need of a bible teacher that can walk you through the scriptures that prove to you that only God can tell the future and not demons in the spirit realm. You are demonstrating just how dangerous your belligerent adherence to your devotion to warm fuzzies can be. :) Your best option at this point it to examine Is 41 and submit to the scriptures and deny your false teaching that demons can see into the future and that you were wrong that the Spirit did not show you that, but you made it up out of your own "leaning on your own understanding" :) There is no shame in admitting when we have made a mistake in be willing to change our views. The Spirit is telling you what He told Isaiah in chapter 41. The Spirit has not changed his mind on this.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour. But when her owners saw that their hope of gain was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace before the rulers (Acts 16:16-19).

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
somoeone posted a list of teachers including Doreen Virtue?? Shes new age.
Just to put this info here, she had since known Jesus and repented and rejected the whole new age thing, and been warning people against her own angel cards from the past, so she's sincere. I would not recommend her as a teacher since some new age influence might have remained, though.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling.
I looked at Greek. It says the girl had the spirit of Python, or, "the Pythian spirit".
If anyone knows anything about the Greek "prophetess" Pythia from the historical oracle of Delphi, she was always giving these murky cryptic sayings that impressed people.
So if we look at the original Scripture, "divination" in this place means "Nostradamus style generalized gibberish".
Greek wording here really does not suggest precise, effective prophecy of future, but cryptic sentences that are easily autosuggested to be true by the hearer.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
I looked at Greek. It says the girl had the spirit of Python, or, "the Pythian spirit".
If anyone knows anything about the Greek "prophetess" Pythia from the historical oracle of Delphi, she was always giving these murky cryptic sayings that impressed people.
So if we look at the original Scripture, "divination" in this place means "Nostradamus style generalized gibberish".
Greek wording here really does not suggest precise, effective prophecy of future, but cryptic sentences that are easily autosuggested to be true by the hearer.
So what is this spirit of Python or Pythean spirit like? How accurate were Pythia's prophecies?
The soul purpose of the Oracle of Delphi was to share a glimpse of the future. In her time, the Pythia offered several prophecies- all of them vague, misleading, and in some cases: true.

Calmador

Jun 23, 2011
Thank you all for the recommendations... I listed them all.

And it seems my thread has been hijacked haha

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
You may also want to examine the Greek for the end of the sentence: fortune-telling.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
You may also want to examine the Greek for the end of the sentence: fortune-telling.
Why do you think fortune telling is precise knowledge of future? Is fortune telling not guessing things?

Chester

May 23, 2016
That is the beauty of telling others “the Holy Spirit speaks directly to me”
"The Holy Spirit speaks to me" = This is very true - but the Holy Spirit also speaks to other believers - and what he speaks to "me" is not over and above what he speaks to my brother/sister.

This thing of "the Holy Spirit told me" and hence this is the truth - is DANGEROUS! When used outside of Christian brotherhood, church, and community - "the Holy Spirit speaks to me" concept = HERESY

L

lenna

"The Holy Spirit speaks to me" = This is very true - but the Holy Spirit also speaks to other believers - and what he speaks to "me" is not over and above what he speaks to my brother/sister.

This thing of "the Holy Spirit told me" and hence this is the truth - is DANGEROUS! When used outside of Christian brotherhood, church, and community - "the Holy Spirit speaks to me" concept = HERESY

exactly

sometimes people do not want to hear this because they cannot let go of the belief they are special above others

very dangerous indeed!

L

lenna

some in particular really do harm, like telling people they do not need to study scripture, just listen to the voice in your head and that is the Holy Spirit

no discernment, no knowledge of the fact they are leading others astray and then accusing others they reject the Holy Spirit

we have entire churches that have gone off the rails listening to voices that are not God, not the Holy Spirit and teach 'another Jesus'

it is this type of error that creates the impression anyone who speaks in tongues or believes in spiritual gifts is nuts

L

lenna

lenna, you don’t even believe God can speak to us in our thoughts.....:rolleyes:

His sheep know His voice. :love::love:(y)

All you do is misquote and misunderstand what I post. :rolleyes:

If we’re not fighting against flesh and blood then what are we up against?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Ephesians 6:12&version=KJV

Satan, demons, lying spirits, devils, etc - the Kingdom of darkness operates from the Spiritual Realm.

God and all the Heavenly Host and believers in Christ operate from the Heavenly Realm. We’re seated with Christ in heavenly places.

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 2:6 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Ephesians 2:6&version=KJV

Unsaved/Fallen mankind operates from the Physical Realm - easy prey.

An unsaved person can be possessed by a demon and that demon can speak through that person and tell what he sees in the Spiritual Realm concerning that person which oftentimes is future stuff that has already been released from the Heavenly Realm but, has not yet manifested in the Physical Realm.

The Spiritual Realm knows nothing until God releases the info from the Heavenly Realm.

Yes, ONLY God knows all of the future and controls all Time but, He releases knowledge of certain things - those demons can see it in the Spiritual Realm before it manifests in the Physical Realm.

Just a side note - don’t go to fortune tellers because you’d be talking to a demon.

I’m trying to explain to you why demons can tell the future (not all just what’s released) but, if it’s too confusing- no worries you don’t need to know all this info.

lenna, you are my sister in Christ and both of us are loved so much by God. Jesus Christ is Lord and our soon coming King - He’ll fix all of us....we need to only keep loving Him and each other! :love:(y)
you are determined to try and somehow create a very false impression of what I believe and place yourself in a teaching position

first of all, you have no idea what I believe but everyone here knows what you believe and most of us disagree with the way you hide behind the Holy Spirit and blame Him for your error and deception. Next, you are no teacher of anything as you ignore the actual teaching of the word of God and in fact, place yourself about it in so doing.

20You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.c 21I have not written to you because you lack knowledge of the truth, but because you have it, and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar, if it is not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son. 23Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father as well.

Remain in Christ

24As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life.

26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you. 27And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.

28And now, little children, remain in Christ,d so that when He appears, we may be confident and unashamed before Him at His coming.

29If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of Him.

the highlighted text above is one of the verses you propose tells you that you do not need anyone but the Holy Spirit, however when we look at the context in which the verse is found, it is seen that John was speaking to ALL the believers who had heard the truth, received the truth and practiced the truth.

John was CONFIRMING what was ALREADY known, not telling them to go off by themself and he was certainly NOT telling them they did not need any teachers or elders or whatever. John continues and states that the TRUE AND GENUINE anointing will teach what is true and what has been confirmed, as he already stated.

The Holy Spirit will not deviate from the truth ALREADY learned. John states to remain in that teaching

This is the opposite of what you are doing lafftur. you set yourself above others, you have not remained in what we know is the truth which has been delivered to all believers everywhere for all time.

you accuse me of not knowing the voice of the Spirit of God but I do know Him. He has guided me many times and above all He has taught me that God has defined the parameters in which we are to operate and those parameters are there for our safety and to protect us from destruction

you or anyone who steps outside of those parameters are ON THEIR OWN . you deviate from the word, you accuse others of attacking you, you make false claims against others and betray the very words in scripture by illustrating over and over that your special knowledge is not contained within the parameters

all of this amounts to a rogue Christian, one who has set themself above the word. we have literally thousands of false prophets running around like loose cannons today because they had have done the same thing. they will not take instruction but instead instruct those with itching ears who always want to 'HEAR A WORD FROM GOD'

why do they ALWAYS WANT TO HEAR A WORD FROM GOD? it is because they have put aside the words God has already spoken

Jesus is the Word, the Word made flesh and those who put aside His words, the words of His Father, have not remained in the true anointing but have listened to another spirit, which is not the Holy Spirit, and they will accuse those who remain in that word they have already heard, of being without the Holy Spirit and not listening to Him

now you go ahead and put your thumbs down or maybe an x or maybe post something condescending as you have done

let those with understanding because they remain in the word continue in that word

yes lafftur. I do know my Shepherd and I am sorry you have taken it on yourself to accuse me otherwise

Chester

May 23, 2016
now you go ahead and put your thumbs down or maybe an x or maybe post something condescending as you have done
I agree with a lot of what you wrote in the above post, but am wondering about the line above.

Was that what the Holy Spirit told you to write? I am trying to be part of your Christian brotherhood now when I ask this.
Is the tone of that line what Jesus would say? :)

L

Locoponydirtman

some in particular really do harm, like telling people they do not need to study scripture, just listen to the voice in your head and that is the Holy Spirit

no discernment, no knowledge of the fact they are leading others astray and then accusing others they reject the Holy Spirit

we have entire churches that have gone off the rails listening to voices that are not God, not the Holy Spirit and teach 'another Jesus'

it is this type of error that creates the impression anyone who speaks in tongues or believes in spiritual gifts is nuts
I try not to read anything she posts.