Please recommend Bible teachers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lenna

Look at the history of the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed.
Who authored them?
For whom were they authored for?
And who approved them?

Matthew 15:7-9
7You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:
8 “‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;
9 in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”
don't quote Jesus and try to make it seem you have the same authority

that is nonsense. and your objections are without base as well.

you lack understanding and seem to be determined to ignore what the word Catholic means in the creed

your loss

B

Blackpowderduelist

you lack understanding and seem to be determined to ignore what the word Catholic means in the creed

your loss
Isn't it odd how people reject anything that may be associated with Catholic.
Even though the creed was written during a the when all the church was unified, when Roman just meant the church at Rome, and the central hub of christianity was in Constantinople.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019

your loss
It is called Apostles' Creed.
So which Apostles authorized it?
Bartholomew? Thomas? Andrew? If not, then who?

Answer: The Successor of Peter authorized it. Another name for Successor of Peter is Roman Pontiff.
The Roman Pontiff claims to be the Prince of the Apostles, and thus has apostolic authority over the whole Catholic Church. The Apostles' Creed belongs to the Roman Pontiff.

Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

L

lenna

Answer: The Successor of Peter authorized it. Another name for Successor of Peter is Roman Pontiff.
The Roman Pontiff claims to be the Prince of the Apostles, and thus has apostolic authority over the whole Catholic Church. The Apostles' Creed belongs to the Roman Pontiff.

oh we are all liars?

good to know oh thou great judge of all our thoughts :rolleyes:

you are worked up over nothing, but whatever

L

lenna

Even though the creed was written during a the when all the church was unified, when Roman just meant the church at Rome, and the central hub of christianity was in Constantinople.

ever hear the expression mind like cement. all mixed up and set

It is remarkable the people in this forum and I guess everywhere, that refuse to accept anything they do not already think true no matter how much 'proof' is supplied

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Hey, so I was looking up Bible teachers. Would anyone here recommend a Bible teacher, preferably that have teachings online and also preferably have "through the Bible" studies?

I wouldn't mind, old, long-gone, Bible teachers, who have great commentaries too.

So far, I like and would recommend:

Les Feldick
Chuck Smith
J. Vernon McGee
Dr. David Jeremiah

I haven't read all their works, but so far they seem great, recommend me Bible teachers?
what about Jesus Christ and his teachings and commentary ?

“All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:27-30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:45‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:37‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I would say be careful about certain teachers and judge by what they are teaching and whether it lines up with what Jesus said. Many teachers are teaching people about why Jesus words no longer apply and how paul began the church those type of things aren’t good teaching in fact anything that will not acknowledge the words of Jesus Christ is not a good teaching .

good teaching will always come from what Jesus taught it is the foundation

“Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:47-49‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Be careful selecting teachers who part from Christ’s gospel .

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
lenna - one way God speaks to us is in our mind - in our thoughts.

There are lots of voices- we have to learn to recognize who is speaking to us.

God the Father - pure unconditional love

God the Son - as a friend, brother and lover of our soul

God the Holy Spirit- as a teacher, counselor, comforter, guide

Satan/demons/etc - always condemning you or telling you you’re better than everyone and condemning others, they want us to hurt ourselves and hurt others

Us - our own voice is trying to reason and make decisions, remembering memories, creating solutions to problems
That's the whole purpose isn't it? Behind the scripture guidance that tells us to test the spirits? 1 John 4 (WEB) 1 Beloved, don’t believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit who doesn’t confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God, and this is the spirit of the Antichrist, of whom you have heard that it comes.

We're also told that even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light. 2nd Corinthians 11. Of course he can also recite scripture and lead us wrongly. That's why we're to discern where the guidance is coming from, the voice that speaks to us of God's word and his ways.
It would be awfully risky for us to imagine every word of guidance from within is absolutely the holy spirit. Think of all those headlines pertaining to savage murderers who claimed to be doing the work of God. Hitler, yes, Godwin's law violation 101, claimed he was doing the work of Christ.
I feel if ever there was an example for how important 1 John 4's wisdom is, it's Adolf.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
You're Catholic then? But are you Roman Catholic? There is a difference.
“They abstain from the Eucharist and from the public offices; because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ; which suffered for our sins, and which the Father of his goodness, raised again from the dead. And for this cause contradicting the gift of God, they die in their disputes: but much better would it be for them to receive it, that they might one day rise through it.”
[]
“Wheresoever the bishop shall appear, there let the people also be: as Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” Saint Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, appointed by Saint Peter, AD 107 (218 years before the first council of Nicaea)

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
oh we are all liars?

good to know oh thou great judge of all our thoughts :rolleyes:

you are worked up over nothing, but whatever
Mark 12:17
Jesus said, “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.” ;)

B

Blackpowderduelist

You're Catholic then? But are you Roman Catholic? There is a difference.
“They abstain from the Eucharist and from the public offices; because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ; which suffered for our sins, and which the Father of his goodness, raised again from the dead. And for this cause contradicting the gift of God, they die in their disputes: but much better would it be for them to receive it, that they might one day rise through it.”
[]
“Wheresoever the bishop shall appear, there let the people also be: as Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” Saint Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, appointed by Saint Peter, AD 107 (218 years before the first council of Nicaea)
Not Roman Catholic. Anti Roman Catholic. But yes United Universal Body of Jesus yes.
I do believe in the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, and all the sacraments. The presence of Christ in baptism, and in his word to us.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I do and it phases people that I would do such a thing and not follow some denomination.
no one said to follow a denomination. I am not phased by your comment at all nor do I hold it in high regard. It has been my experience those who are not apart of a fellowship locally and claim to be called by God to the ministry choose to do so as rebels. Most are prideful, unruly, and arrogant. There are Bible-believing churches just as there are Bible-believing Christians. To say there are none means you too are not a Bible-believing person LOL.

B

Blackpowderduelist

ever hear the expression mind like cement. all mixed up and set

It is remarkable the people in this forum and I guess everywhere, that refuse to accept anything they do not already think true no matter how much 'proof' is supplied
I know right. I dare you to say in any thread baptism saves, or Christ's body and blood are present in the bread and wine of the Eucharist. I double dare ya. They will flog and attack with amazing ferocity. Oh and another, baptism is for infants of believers as well.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
no one said to follow a denomination. I am not phased by your comment at all nor do I hold it in high regard. It has been my experience those who are not apart of a fellowship locally and claim to be called by God to the ministry choose to do so as rebels. Most are prideful, unruly, and arrogant. There are Bible-believing churches just as there are Bible-believing Christians. To say there are none means you too are not a Bible-believing person LOL.
it is not my policy to respect a comment that says "It has been my experience..." As we all know "It has been my experience" is totally subjective and insufficient to build truth on. Especially when a person who claims this then goes on to castigate the one they are addressing as you have done.

And yes I am LOL at your sarcastic comment as not worthy of discussion. What I am or am not I will let God be my judge and I would suggest you take care of your walk with the Lord. I am not here to please you. I am here to please God and I know without a shadow of a doubt he is well pleased with his son as he has made it obvious to me many times. If you don't like that you will have to take it up with Him.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
You would reject it if I told you because of your already existing prejudice.
I never reject anything until I have done a thorough study of the subject and I can't do that if you won't tell me the churches you are referring to. I have a feeling you don't know any. You just used that as a throw-away line to sound as though you do know some.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
haha

we actually have one of those dogs as per the photo

Blue Heeler...we love her alot :)
I am not surprised as they are a very lovable dog and they originate from Australia. That is the best of both worlds.

Jan 12, 2019
I never reject anything until I have done a thorough study of the subject and I can't do that if you won't tell me the churches you are referring to. I have a feeling you don't know any. You just used that as a throw-away line to sound as though you do know some.
My guess is, give the other thread, one of your favorite teachers must be Bill Johnson?

B

Blackpowderduelist

Orthodox churches, even Lutheran, and Presbyterian.

B

Blackpowderduelist

It could be that he is lying. A little study of church history would prove that as well.
The successor of Peter? According the liar in the pointy hat.
That's kind of like the homosexual movement claiming the rainbow.