Please recommend Bible teachers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

Apostles creed does not mean an apostle approved or wrote it. What that means is that it is a synopsis of what they believe.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
And the point of quoting that verse is................
Give to the Pope what is his. In this case give the Apostles' Creed back to the pope.
Let the pope and his followers keep the Apostles' Creed.

Don't give the Apostles' Creed to God is what I am saying.
Instead, give to God words not from some man-made creed, but give to God words from your heart.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Give to the Pope what is his. In this case give the Apostles' Creed back to the pope.
Let the pope and his followers keep the Apostles' Creed.

Don't give the Apostles' Creed to God is what I am saying.
Instead, give to God words not from some man-made creed, but give to God words from your heart.
The creed never belonged to the Pope. It's always belong to every confessional believer.
The Pope claims the Bible too, you gonna just let him have it?

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Not Roman Catholic. Anti Roman Catholic. But yes United Universal Body of Jesus yes.
I do believe in the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, and all the sacraments. The presence of Christ in baptism, and in his word to us.
Anti Roman Catholic is not good. Some people will accuse me of being an Anti-catholic bigot. This is not true. We are not to hate. But we are to recognize the truth.

Even though you are anti-catholic it sounds that you may still be under Roman Catholic authority. The church you attend sounds it may not have completely broken from the Roman Catholic Church.

You can't just leave the Roman Catholic Church.
You have to be saved out of the Roman Catholic Church

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
The creed never belonged to the Pope. It's always belong to every confessional believer.
The Pope claims the Bible too, you gonna just let him have it?
Confessional churches have not completely broken from the Roman Catholic Church. They are trying to reform the Roman Catholic Church. They still hold fast to being in the same "one holy catholic and apostolic church" as the Roman Catholics.

Thus they are still brothers and sisters with those in the Roman Catholic Church.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Confessional churches have not completely broken from the Roman Catholic Church. They are trying to reform the Roman Catholic Church. They still hold fast to being in the same "one holy catholic and apostolic church" as the Roman Catholics.

Thus they are still brothers and sisters with those in the Roman Catholic Church.
We don't take communion with the RC, we reject the Pope and papal primacy, and we reject iconism which is idolatry. These are the errors of the apostate RC. We hold to the faith of the first century church which the RC clearly has abandoned. We are clearly not in fellowship with the RC. We maintain what they have fallen from.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I find it interesting that the readers who come to the library who read books in their spare time learn more and faster than those who read just in class.

And in lockdown those dedicated readers that didnt have teachers by their side correcting them or marking them STILL read books even though they were not forced to.

weird huh, and they were learning stuff. I wonder who was teaching them?

L

lenna

Apostles' Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
*that is, the true Christian church of all times and all places

CS1

May 23, 2012
it is not my policy to respect a comment that says "It has been my experience..." As we all know "It has been my experience" is totally subjective and insufficient to build truth on. Especially when a person who claims this then goes on to castigate the one they are addressing as you have done.

And yes I am LOL at your sarcastic comment as not worthy of discussion. What I am or am not I will let God be my judge and I would suggest you take care of your walk with the Lord. I am not here to please you. I am here to please God and I know without a shadow of a doubt he is well pleased with his son as he has made it obvious to me many times. If you don't like that you will have to take it up with Him.
You too then can expect the same in return :) IF you are not willing to respect one's opinion which is not the same as having to agree with them, you have the issue. The blanketed comment of " there are not Bible-believing church" that you stated is opinionated and in context also made based on clearly "It has been my experience..." that you say such a thing. Because it is not any more right than me saying it is my experience those who say such things are unruly, prideful, and arrogant. :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
It could be that he is lying. A little study of church history would prove that as well.
The successor of Peter? According the liar in the pointy hat.
That's kind of like the homosexual movement claiming the rainbow.
P
Apostles' Creed

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
*that is, the true Christian church of all times and all places
a

I disagree with this creed. Jesus did not descend to hell. That's is a lie from the devil. The only place Jesus descended from was from heaven to earth. Jesus never says anything about going to hell, and neither does the Bible.

B

Blackpowderduelist

P

a

I disagree with this creed. Jesus did not descend to hell. That's is a lie from the devil. The only place Jesus descended from was from heaven to earth. Jesus never says anything about going to hell, and neither does the Bible.
For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.
1 Peter 3:18‭-‬20 NASB

This is the biblical reference, understanding that hell is not the lake of fire, but death, and the holding place of the dead, or as stated here the prison of those who were disobedient in the days of Noah. This is what that part of the creed refers to.

L

lenna

P

a

I know that line is there

I posted it because I am sure some people did not know what was being discussed

Robo36

Nov 27, 2019
Nope. What I know, no man has taught me.

Man teaches what he knows but, the Holy Spirit teaches what He knows.......

Who do you want to listen to? :unsure:
Good advise! Pray and learn is my agenda.

B

Blackpowderduelist

I know that line is there

I posted it because I am sure some people did not know what was being discussed
What do you think that line means?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Apostles creed does not mean an apostle approved or wrote it. What that means is that it is a synopsis of what they believe.
why was it created ? what was the purpose ? how was it used?

B

Blackpowderduelist

why was it created ? what was the purpose ? how was it used?
It was created to refute some heresy teachers who were attempting to infiltrate the church, as a basic guideline to say this is a synopsis of what we believe, anyone who teaches other wise is a wolf.

CS1

May 23, 2012
It was created to refute some heresy teachers who were attempting to infiltrate the church, as a basic guideline to say this is a synopsis of what we believe, anyone who teaches other wise is a wolf.
ok, thank you :)

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
You too then can expect the same in return :) IF you are not willing to respect one's opinion which is not the same as having to agree with them, you have the issue. The blanketed comment of " there are not Bible-believing church" that you stated is opinionated and in context also made based on clearly "It has been my experience..." that you say such a thing. Because it is not any more right than me saying it is my experience those who say such things are unruly, prideful, and arrogant. :)
Ditto. And no it is not my opinion. It is the result of years of study that I embarked on to find out if there was actually a bible believing church as the evidence suggested there wasn't.

However, you can prove me wrong which I am happy for you to do. All you have to do is provide some names of Bible-believing churches so that I can study them and see what actually constitutes a bible believing church in your opinion. Unless you do that, you are all hot air.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
My guess is, give the other thread, one of your favorite teachers must be Bill Johnson?
Your guesstimate is wrong. I have read one of his books and nothing else. Whereas I have read nearly all of Chuck Colson's books and the books of Derek Prince.