Poem: I am taking a holiday from myself, in Jesus's Name

  • Thread starter Thread starter Iamlearning
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Iamlearning

Guest
The rhyme is not perfect but I hope you like it. Dedicated to all of you.


I am taking a holiday from myself, in Jesus's Name.

I am sending my despairs to the hole where they came,

all the dark days in which I fleed from the fears,

From the merciless glance of my better peers.


I am taking a holiday from myself, in Jesus's heart,

Where I feel my bitter miseries are torn apart,

Turned into a much sweeter regard, a clearer thought

that soars above the silly idols that I sought.


I am taking a holiday from myself, in the Virgin Mary,

In whose sacred Mother Love I long to tarry

like a kid in a prairie, protected in her embrace

As I watch go by the bright nights and sunny days.


I am taking a holiday from myself, in Christ's Love,

That heals the path under my feet and my head above.

He makes me fly like a dove, fueled by the Holy Spirit,

My soul is full of abounding Grace, I shall not fear it.

I shall not flee from this song. My heart can hear it.


I am taking a holiday from myself, and let God heal it.
​