Poem: I Will Not Be Moved

  • Thread starter Thread starter thedevilhatesme
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thedevilhatesme

Guest
I Will Not Be Moved

I am a woman of God.
I am a Godly woman.

There is nothing I need to prove,
protect, hide, or defend.
Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior
has already done that for me.
He gave His Life for me.

My father is not "a" King.
He is "THE" King.
I recognize my value.
I know my worth.

I WILL live in His eternal Grace.
I WILL be with My Lord,
And I will not be shaken.
I will not be moved.

Copyright 2014 Ava M.

About This Poem


I wrote this poem about 2 years ago. I was being tried hard. I had some medical issues, had a nervous breakdown, and was out of work for a year. During said time my 57 year old otherwise healthy father had an accident, hit his head on concrete, and ended up in a coma with bleeding on the brain. I was an only child, daddy's girl. Having to discontinue the life-support was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. If anything was going to shake my faith, it would have been that.

(Okay, have to side track for a minute because I'm listening to gospel as I'm writing this. Tears are coming down my face and guess what happens to come on - My Testimony by Marvin Sapp. God is so good and so on time. And yes, "I made it through!" Praise God!)

Anyway, one day I'm talking with my father and less than 2 months later I'm burying him. I wrote the poem because I have been through a lot since I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and through it all my faith God never faltered. I literally laughed in the devil's face when I found my peace - others may have run to him for comfort. I know who my Comforter is. I've questioned myself, cried, stomped my feet, etc., but my love and devotion to My Lord has been, is, and will remain. I WILL NOT BE MOVED.

It's also why "the devil hates me". He knows, just as I do, My God is Awesome!
 
Thank you for this <3 It is so beautiful and amazing