Poison

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its a catch 22 using poisons because those birds probably learn not to eat those bugs for fear that they might be poisoned eating them. Can bird get cancer? Yep animals arent immune from cancer either.

Also people seem to hate spiders and wasp but spiders and wasps actually eat other insects. Spiders will eat flies and keep the other insect populations in check. As do predatory wasps.

It helps to know or study a bit of biology/ecology. Today science is so reductionist that chemists dont even talk to biologists about these matters!

Mar 21, 2019
Also people seem to hate spiders and wasp but spiders and wasps actually eat other insects. Spiders will eat flies and keep the other insect populations in check. As do predatory wasps.
But nothing seems to eat spiders and wasps, the worst insects of them all. Hence the poison. Sorry. :-(

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
But nothing seems to eat spiders and wasps, the worst insects of them all. Hence the poison. Sorry. :-(
Birds will eat them. But since you are poisoning them, now they got nothing to eat.
Do you have any trees in your garden? Dont say youve cut them down and poisoned their habitat as well....

Mar 21, 2019
Birds will eat them. But since you are poisoning them, now they got nothing to eat.
Do you have any trees in your garden? Dont say youve cut them down and poisoned their habitat as well....
Ha, ha. No. The birds were too well fed eating other insects, leaving the nasty spiders to grow large and fat. Either that, or the cats were chasing the birds away. Perhaps I should spray the cats also? :)

Mar 28, 2016
Ok just coming back to topic, I cant find anywhere in the Bible that says when its appropriate to use poison.

The only thing is strong drink, but thats when someone is near death or totally traumatised to help them forget their pain and misery.

And James says for us to tame our tongues as life and death is in the power of the tongue. As the untamed tongue is poison.

Jesus had only to curse the fig tree and it withered, thats how powerful his words were...he didnt have to use a weedkiller. But it was just the fig tree he cursed, not people. I suppose it was symbolic of something else.

So why are people still using poison today? As believers, when would you ever use poison?
Our alternative is always to bless others, to never curse. Poison doesnt solve anything. Wouldnt it be resorting to satans methods to use poison.
Yes in is Satan's method is to use false prophecy. Believers will not be deceived by it. They also a part of a sign that follows believing God speak in a new tongue the gospel. It works to make the poison or oral tradition of men without effect.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
So whats wrong with the spiders? Why are you spraying them? What are they doing to you? Are they eating your plants? They only eat other insects.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont find it funny you spraying spiders and wasps. Spiders a wasps do have their own poison. What is the point of killing them when they are eating the other bugs.

Plus if your spraying, you are not giving bees a chance and contriubting to their demise, bees are really importsnt for fruit pollination.

In america they have a problem called colony collapse disorder. Bees are dropping dead at random. Why, because of people using pesticide sprays affecting the bee populations. They have to IMPORT bees just to pollinate their crops.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
All the environmental plagues in Revelation chapters 8 & 9, are attributed to the love mankind has for the works his hands produce.
Today, these works are produced through industry which utilize fossil fuels.

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Mar 21, 2019
So whats wrong with the spiders? Why are you spraying them? What are they doing to you? Are they eating your plants? They only eat other insects.
Spiders are disgusting. I hate them.

I dont find it funny you spraying spiders and wasps.
I don't find it funny either! I hate them. Disgusting creatures. At least wasps live far away in nests of their own. If they don't invade my property, I don't invade theirs. Spiders don't follow this simple rule of etiquette, and as a result, have to die.

Spiders a wasps do have their own poison. What is the point of killing them when they are eating the other bugs.
The birds can eat the other bugs. Spiders must find somewhere else to spread their disgusting habits.

Plus if your spraying, you are not giving bees a chance and contriubting to their demise, bees are really importsnt for fruit pollination.
Yeah, I like bees. I don't spray them. Only filthy spiders.

In america they have a problem called colony collapse disorder. Bees are dropping dead at random. Why, because of people using pesticide sprays affecting the bee populations. They have to IMPORT bees just to pollinate their crops.
Yeah. It's a tragedy. Bees are such good insects, and spiders so evil. Why don't they find a pesticide that only kills spiders, but not bees, instead of only bees, but not spiders? Very sad.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Spiders arent evil, they eat the other bad bugs inclduing flies. Did you know if fruit flies werent kept under control by spiders, it could devastate your entire crop.

Plus you dont need to spray them with poison. And kill other insects with spray residues, just swat them with a newspaper. Wasps prey on other insects that would reach epidemic proportions if no wasps were eating them.

Unforutnately you cant just spray one type of insect. The spray will affects all the others too.

Plus you have never given a reason why you hate spiders. If you hate spiders, why did God create them they surely have a purpose.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
When the devil sows weed seeds in with the wheat, we arent meant to pull them up and in the process of doing so, disturb the wheat. JEsus says let them grow together, the angels actually have the task of separating out the good from the bad.

People that use poison seem to do so indiscriminately and not realise they are doing more harm than good.

Another thing ive learned (slightly related to this topic) is that China wont accept plastics to recycle anymore because the countries sending them contaminated plastic. They havent bothered to wash out their plastic. Its not hard to do, but people are lazy I guess and just dont care.

Its like people that dont tame their tongue and still go on cursing others instead of blessing. What had God told us to do, love our enemies. This principal goes for everything as all we do matters to God.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Another thing ive learned (slightly related to this topic) is that China wont accept plastics to recycle anymore because the countries sending them contaminated plastic. They havent bothered to wash out their plastic. Its not hard to do, but people are lazy I guess and just dont care.
I guess so. Florida doesn't even have a bottle deposit law. I just toss 'em in the trash. Some cities in Florida do practice recycling but even then the plastic collected eventually ends up in a landfill anyway. Still, there is no excuse to be a litterbug and casually toss your trash anywhere you please. It is sad that a lot of it ends up in the ocean polluting it and posing a hazard to the creatures living in it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I guess so. Florida doesn't even have a bottle deposit law. I just toss 'em in the trash. Some cities in Florida do practice recycling but even then the plastic collected eventually ends up in a landfill anyway. Still, there is no excuse to be a litterbug and casually toss your trash anywhere you please. It is sad that a lot of it ends up in the ocean polluting it and posing a hazard to the creatures living in it.
Yea we dont have either, we used to have milk in glass bottles delivered to our letterbox everyday, and when we used the bottle, wash it out for refilling and the milkman would collect it.

Then the silly plastic industry convinced the milkmen everyone could just buy plastic bottles from the shop and throw them away or recycle them.

One doesnt need so many bottles. You could even just use ONE bottle and refill it with water from the tap, instead of buying a new bottle of water everytime you need a drink.

In the Bible, they used wineskins until they wore out. But im sure that those old wineskins didnt harm the environment when they were discarded.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We have problems with old landfills leaching and contaminating the land around them, especially when it floods or rains.

And who wants to live next to a dump? . The problem with plastic is when its burned, its toxic. When it breaks down, eventually, its also toxic. Its poison. Its actually made from oil. And oil and water dont mix.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Yea we dont have either, we used to have milk in glass bottles delivered to our letterbox everyday, and when we used the bottle, wash it out for refilling and the milkman would collect it.

Then the silly plastic industry convinced the milkmen everyone could just buy plastic bottles from the shop and throw them away or recycle them.

One doesnt need so many bottles. You could even just use ONE bottle and refill it with water from the tap, instead of buying a new bottle of water everytime you need a drink.

In the Bible, they used wineskins until they wore out. But im sure that those old wineskins didnt harm the environment when they were discarded.
Unless you live in the woods and drink water from a clean source of fresh water, you then in all likelihood have BPA's in your body thanks to the plastic industry. Biphenol A's are endocrine disrupters and wreak havoc with the environment.
There's a lot more to it than just BPA's and plastics though. Mankind is destroying the environment with thousands of different poisons.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Unless you live in the woods and drink water from a clean source of fresh water, you then in all likelihood have BPA's in your body thanks to the plastic industry. Biphenol A's are endocrine disrupters and wreak havoc with the environment.
There's a lot more to it than just BPA's and plastics though. Mankind is destroying the environment with thousands of different poisons.
Some people have a deathwish it seems.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Some people have a deathwish it seems.
It's not that some have a deathwish, it's the devil who deceives all mankind (Revelaiton 12:9) with false illumination (2 Corinthians 11:14), in which people believe their actions to be beneficial, or at least benign.
All the plagues seen in Revelation chapters 8 & 9 are attributed to the love mankind has for the works his hands produce (Revelation 9:20).

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Revelation 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
It's not that some have a deathwish, it's the devil who deceives all mankind (Revelaiton 12:9) with false illumination (2 Corinthians 11:14), in which people believe their actions to be beneficial, or at least benign.
All the plagues seen in Revelation chapters 8 & 9 are attributed to the love mankind has for the works his hands produce (Revelation 9:20).

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Hmm yea deception like...its good to kill things with poison? Sure have some forbidden fruit it wont kill you. Its perfectly safe.

I note revelation 9:20 doesnt say idols of plastic. But maybe it should now children seems to be worshipping them all the time, we call them...toys!