Pokémon is a demonic spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
A lot going on in this article and it's highly debatable. Don't want to attack numerous points with an expository essay, but I'll focus on the excerpt that stood out most to me: let's have a little fun looking at it critically to see if it can hold water.

"I do not see how allowing children to play with games that encourage fighting, reading of minds, use of poison, mimicry, taunting, teleportation, hypnosis, and evolution can be a good thing. This is not training a child to righteousness. It is accepting the occult and secular evolution. Is this what we, as Christians, want our children to meditate on? Of course not."

Before issuing outright blanking condemnation let's measure out some Biblical responses:

1. Fighting: the Bible is filled with fighting: Ecclesiastes 3:8, Isaiah 9:2

2. Reading minds: God can read minds: matthew 9:4, Matthew 12:25

3. Poison: Bible contains examples of poisonous things: Exodus 15:23, Mark 16:18
"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

4. Mimicry: Bible tells people to mimic Christ: Ephesians 5:1

5. Taunting: Bible contains taunting: Habakkuk 2:6

6. Teleportation: Matthew 4:5, John 6:21 "immediately the boat reaches the shore."

7. Hypnosis: there's some possible verses but not doing to post them.

So I think this article is a little over zealous with how much it condemns especially calling things "occultic" that God does like reading minds or teleporting.

Some of those those it listed are non-starters. For example the Bible says to intimate Christ yet the article said mimicry is occultic.

The Bible says people can drink poison and not be harmed. Should we test God? No never, but the passage exists.

Teleportation. Did you know it's a fact Jesus walked on water, stepped into the boat, then instantly brought it to shore? Read the verse I showed you above.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Well, that's news to me. Good thing I don't play that game.

Why the sudden interest in Pokemon? Did something happen?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what about Elmo

Isnt he demonic as well? El - God Mo- monster

I always wondered what the furry red monster really represented.

Feb 8, 2021
I’m actually finished here done you can chat how much you want and say whatever I’m done everything you see on this earth is 666 unless it blessed by a person through Holy Spirit for example shower-6 filter-6 that have snake shape form built by companies that don’t pray so demons enter these people and objects. sports equipment, your clothes, cartoons,video games,magazines,music and technology have these demonic symbols some of them not all it’s no wonder why the Bible says Seek the Things Above Colossians 3 Therefore, if you have been raised together with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with him in glory.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Or it could be 999 and you just seeing things upside down....

Best thing to do is go totally minimalist and either go live on a mountaintop....or climb a tree.

Feb 8, 2021
Or it could be that lanlin-6 is 666 if you turn it upside down......

Best thing to do is either keep your mouth shut or go live in hell in the wilderness until you die.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
what about Elmo

Isnt he demonic as well? El - God Mo- monster

I always wondered what the furry red monster really represented.
I definitely have my suspicions about Barney the dinosaur

Feb 8, 2021
the meaning of the name Elmo is: Helm from God, hmmm 🤔 it’s almost like you’re saying god is demonic that’s not Christian like but anyways since it’s a red furry monster it has to be a demon monster that comes in the name of god it is possible cause that is the strategies the enemy uses to target children on tv since their minds are still learning. The name Barney is a boy's name meaning "son of comfort". Barney-6 letter word so it is very possible that David Joyner-6 is 666.The original Aramaic form is unattested, but it may be from בּר נביא (bar naviya') meaning "son of the prophet", though in Acts 4:36 it is claimed that the name means "son of encouragement". As an English name, Barnabas came into occasional use after the 12th century.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wow, someòne on a christian forum is giving me death threats? uh why?
I will pray for them.

I wonder if this person is like this with everyone.
Better not let them loose in toyworld/toys r us. That would defintiely blow their mind if they ever set foot in that store.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
wow, someòne on a christian forum is giving me death threats? uh why?
I will pray for them.

I wonder if this person is like this with everyone.
Better not let them loose in toyworld/toys r us. That would defintiely blow their mind if they ever set foot in that store.
Yeah, I think s/he got banned. Many weird ideas about the Bible and s/he was rude/condescending, too.

Mar 3, 2021
No. Pokemon is not demonic. It's just a game designed to sell toys. That's why they have 100s of little creatures and a slogan about catching them all. To sell toys.

If you're looking for demonic, why not start with all the music videos where they are literally performing blood rituals complete with pentagrams, blood drinking, goat masks, and satan worship.

Or how about disney? They've hired convicted child sex abusers to work on cartoons and those same cartoons "coincidentally" contain the same spiral symbols the FBI lists as known symbols used by pedophiles.

Even more "coincidentally", the pope happened to wear a robe with the pedo symbol on it during world youth day. those exact same spiral triangle symbols that the FBI lists as pedophile symbols. Why are convicted Pedos at disney and convicted pedos at the Vatican all using the same symbols the FBI lists as pedo symbols? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Maybe the Pope himself had no idea what the symbols meant, but one of his senior advisors and convicted pedo George Pell most certainly knows what the symbols mean.