POKEMON!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BarbieBlank77

Ok as someone who has been a Christian since forever (I was raised in church and have always had close relationship with God) I think you're going way too far into things. Like really now, that's a bit extreme don't you think. And all things can be addictive, but it's up to the user to determine how often and for how long they'll play a game, watch a show, listen to a song, eat something, etc. EVERYTHING can be addictive, and to limit oneself in life because there may or may not be underlying evil messages in something is sad. Maybe that's fine for you, but I want to actually enjoy the life God has given me. And God has never said to me to not watch or play pokemon. It's cute and funny, and really, its all about context. Everything in life is about context. What the Bible says is absolute truth, everything else is relative. What God says goes, but I honestly find nothing wrong with pokemon.

And, not to be argumentative or even insulting, but I think this is where non-believers turn and run..in the over-spiritualisation of everything by Christians. Nobody wants a limited life, and many feel God limits them, which is not true. If you're a strong enough Christian to not be seduced by the 'demonic forces in pokemon' then go ahead and watch it.

Just my personal opinion.

Sep 21, 2011
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngovaH86VVU[/video]

C

chimakara

i like pokemon, i have pokemon yellow on game boy, i olny know the first 151

unfortunately many Christian groups have had problems with Pokemon because Pokemon involves evolution, and its a very petty issue imo

H

hislastwalk

don't let peoples opinions convict you, pray about it, and if GOD convicts you, then you know to get rid of it.. and sometimes it might not even be a sin, it might just be something keeping you from spending more time with God.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
please dont pull up threads that havent been used for multiple months..or years

Dec 22, 2016
ポケモン!
wanted to write it in Japanese
about it being evil......IDK....i am not really a fan of that stuff but my brother is.

aleichem shalom
Wow amen.. Pokémon is a devil

K

kstout6

People have said the same thing about Dungeons and Dragons. I tell you that Dungeons and Dragons is about as demonic as television. It all depends on how you play it.

C

Child_Of_God777

I love Pokemon and God allows us to participate in things of this world but not conform to the world, so you're fine.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
And some things should NOT be participated in. God doesn't allow us to do anything, WE are the ones with the free will to choose..

R

renewed_hope

I love Pokemon and God allows us to participate in things of this world but not conform to the world, so you're fine.
This is true, but Pokémon is one of those things that people have become obsessive about and people turn away from God as a result. I do not support this Pokémon craze, nor was I a fan of Harry Potter or videogames because of this. I would not associate myself with people who did this, not because I thought I was better than them, but because I wanted friends who wanted to do things other than talk about them like be outside, go on trips, shopping and etc.

C

Child_Of_God777

I researched it, and I guess I can agree because I found out about Colossians 3:2 "Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." though it's not specific on partaking in worldly things.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Huh? So some people actually think that Pokemon is actually Satanic?! No joke?!

Oh look, a wild Epic Facepalm appeared!

J

joefizz

actually I'd say the scripture that fits this is thou shalt have no other gods before god,in other words as long as you put god first and your pokemon craze does not keep you from serving god then you may do so because if you put anything above doing for god than you have made that your god whether its pokemon ,yugioh,etc, just simply don't let it keep you from the opportunities of helping others come to god when you have the time to do so, I play games too and they are time consuming but if you've time enough for work or play then you've time enough for GOD who by the way supplied your life and the knowledge to make games possible on the earth so don't forget him,he never forgot you!

C

Child_Of_God777

That is true as well

T

The_Lone_Reaper

Love Pokemon lol I play the card game and the only issue I have had with it is the people that I made friends with and that it takes up too much time, but if you can regulate both of those, the card game at least can be quite enjoyable and one of my youth pastors is even using it as a ministry tactic.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Firstly I want to say I play pokemon all the time I love to battle competitively, now with this in mind look at the words I speak in my posts and judge the fruits then tell me if pokemon is evil or not for the scriptures say Mathew 7:16 You will know them by their fruits

and second..... 1293185-thread_necromancy.jpg

OwzK

Banned
Jul 27, 2016
I really like Pokemon. I mean there is no blood or anything but they can still battle and be ok.

BUT

In another thread someone said Pokemon is demonic.

I dont think it is

HELP!
Some say that it is, but having grown up with them enjoying them since a small kid, I wouldn't say so. Like there are plenty of MUCH worse stuff around. And anyway... pokemon, it's just a game, or a story. It could be classified as "demonic" if you were to go to an extreme. But no, pokemon is fine.

Not like they promote demonic stuff through it. Different to a lot of animes and games out there.

J

joefizz

more importantly the burning question is...Who has caught them all?,all the pokemon that is...Who???