Politely saying 'no'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you want to be involved with gangs in my patch Lynx, feel free to sign up to the Mongrel Mob, Killer Beez or whatever. Get your free tatts too.

They'll seek you out no problem. Gangsters dont care and if you look clean cut, it makes a good front for them.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hopefully that scared him off lol

Not sure why he bothers posting in my thread, but then I suppose he calls everyone his sweetheart

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Not sure why he bothers posting in my thread, but then I suppose he calls everyone his sweetheart
I was just playing along with your "moll" bit, dollface, using slang from ages past. No slick chick gonna outjive me.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm back for more?

stalking your prey again?

ok you can now ' git.

Im sure someone else will appreciate your lovely sarcastic comments just not me. Bye bye!

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I wouldn't say everyone who keeps asking is a stalker because some people are just persistent. I know for me i would usually refer a friend who i know is single and looking for a date to that person. To be honest it works out great, it keeps them away from me and gives them both something to do.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I think it is possible to make it clear you are not interested without saying it, such as avoiding the person. I make it clear I am not interested that way even before they have a chance to be more interested. I think this is the nicer way than flat out saying "no", but I understand being totally clear is necessary sometimes.
This is actually established as a Bad way to handle things. Men are not wired to pick up hints. Men are wired for direct and clear communication. What you think of as "being clear" often is not clear at all to men.
All whats actually happening is you're dragging them along. Its nicer to give a direct answer sooner. You can still say it in a way that's not harsh, but at least they know to move on sooner than spending days, weeks or months thinking they have a chance when they don't.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Cool your jets. He did not call you his sweetheart :rolleyes:

Plus, these are public, open threads. Any member can post in them.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
hmm back for more?

stalking your prey again?

ok you can now ' git.

Im sure someone else will appreciate your lovely sarcastic comments just not me. Bye bye!
Sorry, that's not how forum threads work.

Stalking is a bit melodramatic. I was just commenting on the use of "moll" which I thought nobody had used to refer to women for almost a century.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Stalking is a bit melodramatic. I was just commenting on the use of "moll"
which I thought nobody had used to refer to women for almost a century.
"Moll" has a decidedly criminal imputation to it... and unavoidably insinuates a woman of ill repute.

In fact in New Zealand it means "whore."

Calling you a stalker was way over the top :rolleyes:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
people exaggerate but it feels like Lynx is stalking me honestly. :ROFL:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I remeber one guy told me how he got married he just kept asking this girl out and wouldnt take no for an answer, eventually she caved

It probably wasnt like how he told me but just funny in the way he told it, if I asked her she might have told me a different story in that she chose him. lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wouldn't say everyone who keeps asking is a stalker because some people are just persistent. I know for me i would usually refer a friend who i know is single and looking for a date to that person. To be honest it works out great, it keeps them away from me and gives them both something to do.
this is a strategy I have sometimes used

Why dont you go out with my sister? Although I dont think my sister knew. lol

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
in nz stalker is used generically for anyone hunting their prey

can be used for 'husband-hunting' as well as 'wife-hunting'

in any case, theres a quarry and there is a hunter. I think people have to get their grips with the english langauge metaphors and use it in context.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
so, maybe, use a decoy

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think people have to get their grips with the english langauge metaphors and use it in context.
Perhaps it is you who needs to come to grips with using words properly.

Stalking is persistent and unwanted attention from someone that makes
you feel intruded upon and harassed. It is not a single one-off incident.

The person’s behaviour can make you feel alarmed or distressed, or even afraid they might harm you.
The behaviour could include things like hanging around outside your house or work, following you, or
continually contacting you by phone, letter, email, text, or online. It could involve electronic surveillance.

Harassment, when someone intentionally pesters and intrudes on you, is also intimidating.
They can make you fear for your safety, or the safety of your family, whānau, friends, or even
pets. They may make direct or indirect threats of violence.
<= From a New Zealand site.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Moll" has a decidedly criminal imputation to it... and unavoidably insinuates a woman of ill repute.

In fact in New Zealand it means "whore."
Oh.

That actually makes a lot of sense in context, considering the type of woman she was referring to and hanging out with gangs.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
people exaggerate but it feels like Lynx is stalking me honestly. :ROFL:
I know a lot of people, but I don't know many that are worth the time and effort of stalking them.

Keep in mind I am indolent before all else. Stalking takes way too much energy and attention to be worth it for me.

Translation: if you think I'm stalking you, don't flatter yourself. :p

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Perhaps it is you who needs to come to grips with using words properly.

Stalking is persistent and unwanted attention from someone that makes
you feel intruded upon and harassed. It is not a single one-off incident.

The person’s behaviour can make you feel alarmed or distressed, or even afraid they might harm you.
The behaviour could include things like hanging around outside your house or work, following you, or
continually contacting you by phone, letter, email, text, or online. It could involve electronic surveillance.

Harassment, when someone intentionally pesters and intrudes on you, is also intimidating.
They can make you fear for your safety, or the safety of your family, whānau, friends, or even
pets. They may make direct or indirect threats of violence.
<= From a New Zealand site.
no this is the context, im not joking about it

It starts off all nice but it can turn ugly real quick if you refuse thats the whole thing

Most women I know have experienced some form of violence from dating. Especially when young, there was always pressure to have sex.

Obvs?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
and yes, I know when girls called the police, they didnt do anything or come soon enough.

Maybe you, Magenta have lived in a bubble. Or ignored what has been going on with young women all this while and yes, can happen in church except the worse thing is nobody actually believes the girls when they cry out about it. I can imagine some victim blaming going on here...:rolleyes: