Political Rhetoric

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you believe 911 was a staged event by our government?

  • Yes

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

    Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Undecided

    Votes: 1 6.3%

  • Total voters
    16

SCHISM

Senior Member
Aug 2, 2016
299
5
0
First semester of college 2008, I remember having to write an essay about Political Rhetoric. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of it, nor do I recall my thesis. If asked to do it again, then I would write, "Polititians say what the people want to hear and remain as ambiguous as possible during campaign to appeal to more." The essay did have a two page minimum requirement, but I was more clever then than I am now. I do not put any faith in politics. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I remember a semester of German language where the professor taught us a bit of German history. I copied this next bit from a Holocaust Museum website...

On February 27, 1933, the German parliament (Reichstag) building burned down due to arson. The government falsely portrayed the fire as part of a Communist effort to overthrow the state.
Using emergency constitutional powers, Adolf Hitler’s cabinet had issued a Decree for the Protection of the German People on February 4, 1933. This decree placed constraints on the press and authorized the police to ban political meetings and marches, effectively hindering electoral campaigning. A temporary measure, it was followed by a more dramatic and permanent suspension of civil rights following the February 27 burning of the parliament building.
Though the origins of the fire are still unclear, in a propaganda maneuver, the coalition government (Nazis and the German Nationalist People's Party) blamed the Communists. They exploited the Reichstag fire to secure President von Hindenburg’s approval for an emergency decree, the Decree for the Protection of the People and the State of February 28. Popularly known as the Reichstag Fire Decree, the regulations suspended the right to assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and other constitutional protections, including all restraints on police investigations.
Justified on the false premise that the Communists were planning an uprising to overthrow the state, the Reichstag Fire Decree permitted the regime to arrest and incarcerate political opponents without specific charge, dissolve political organizations, and to suppress publications. It also gave the central government the authority to overrule state and local laws and overthrow state and local governments.

I asked the professor, "Isn't that the same thing they did with 911?"

She did a short, quick shake of the head and said, "Let's not discuss that."

Have you all thoroughly discussed that?

I'm going to try to add a poll option, but I've never done that before so apologies if that doesn't work.
 
Your poll reveals that there are a number of people who do not trust the U.S. government and therefore try to attribute many negative events to some secret government operation. These same people, and it's likely you are just one more in a long line of them who come and go to various internet forums to make conspiracy claims, have never once provided convincing evidence or proof of their claims. They'll tell you that a missile hit the Pentagon on 9/11, not a commercial airliner and then refer you to a youtube video of some nut in his basement holding a picture of a roundish hole in the Pentagon as proof that it was a missile, not an airliner. Most of these people then feel they have done a thorough investigation and conclusively proven 9/11 was the result of the government attacking itself. Brilliant, don't you think?

So now you have decided to enter the conspiracy sweepstakes and see if anyone will join you. Can I ask you, before this thread gets long and derails in different conspiracy directions, to provide some links and some evidence for whatever it is you believe? Not links to kooks in their basements, but evidence that is conclusive. It's what I try to provide to debunk all of these crazy theories. By the way, that roundish hole in the Pentagon that kooks post on their kook web sites, was created by the nose of flight 77 as it punched through interior walls of the buildings. The kooks seemed to easily convince followers that it was a picture of the exterior of the Pentagon, where a missile entered the building. A child could have disproved that conspiracy, yet thousands of people embrace it as truthful. Good luck on your mission. I'll be watching.

hqdefault.jpg





Pentagon-crash.jpg




US_Navy_020206-D-0000G-004_Repairs_to_Pentagon_after_9-11_terrorist_attack.jpg
 
Six days has past and there isn't a single conspiracy theorists with the ability to post any evidence of a 9/11 conspiracy that hasn't been debunked, It's one thing to be disappointed in our government, but entirely different to think our inept government pulling off some sort of military attack on itself and on innocent Americans. That's just nuts and there is no evidence of such a preposterous attack.

SCHISM, there is no evidence that you were a lot more clever then or now. Conspiracy theories are nothing but a rabbit hole for the mentally unstable to fall into.
 
Nope. I did not gather any evidence of this conspiracy myself. By definition the attacks were a conspiracy, and there are theories about who was responsible, but I was really hoping to learn about the theories of others regarding who might have ordered these attacks. Personally I liked the video "I Pet Goat," but I can't remember if it was 1 or 2. Thank you Sinnerman for your pleasant comments.
 
Your poll reveals that there are a number of people who do not trust the U.S. government and therefore try to attribute many negative events to some secret government operation. These same people, and it's likely you are just one more in a long line of them who come and go to various internet forums to make conspiracy claims, have never once provided convincing evidence or proof of their claims. They'll tell you that a missile hit the Pentagon on 9/11, not a commercial airliner and then refer you to a youtube video of some nut in his basement holding a picture of a roundish hole in the Pentagon as proof that it was a missile, not an airliner. Most of these people then feel they have done a thorough investigation and conclusively proven 9/11 was the result of the government attacking itself. Brilliant, don't you think?

So now you have decided to enter the conspiracy sweepstakes and see if anyone will join you. Can I ask you, before this thread gets long and derails in different conspiracy directions, to provide some links and some evidence for whatever it is you believe? Not links to kooks in their basements, but evidence that is conclusive. It's what I try to provide to debunk all of these crazy theories. By the way, that roundish hole in the Pentagon that kooks post on their kook web sites, was created by the nose of flight 77 as it punched through interior walls of the buildings. The kooks seemed to easily convince followers that it was a picture of the exterior of the Pentagon, where a missile entered the building. A child could have disproved that conspiracy, yet thousands of people embrace it as truthful. Good luck on your mission. I'll be watching.

hqdefault.jpg





Pentagon-crash.jpg




US_Navy_020206-D-0000G-004_Repairs_to_Pentagon_after_9-11_terrorist_attack.jpg

Not to mention the security cameras that show an airline flying into the Pentagon, eye witnesses, and the light post knocked over on the 395 bridge.
 
Nope. I did not gather any evidence of this conspiracy myself. By definition the attacks were a conspiracy, and there are theories about who was responsible, but I was really hoping to learn about the theories of others regarding who might have ordered these attacks. Personally I liked the video "I Pet Goat," but I can't remember if it was 1 or 2. Thank you Sinnerman for your pleasant comments.

Your condescending remarks aside, it was clear you were attempting to ignite as many unstable conspiracy kooks as possible and then respond with encouragement. A fishing expedition. The crazy theories have no basis in fact. No evidence exists to prove any of them. A group of radical jihadi Muslims, taking orders from Bin Laden, caused the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans. Nobody in our government gave any orders or participated. Why don't you just say so. I can't offer you any college credits or compliment you for any incites, but it would be helpful in that it would send a message to the kooks that they need to get help and quit obsessing on bizarre conspiracy theories that accuse our government of involvement, despite no evidence to corroborate such foolish claims.
 
Not to mention the security cameras that show an airline flying into the Pentagon, eye witnesses, and the light post knocked over on the 395 bridge.

I know someone who was walking a half mile away from the Pentagon and saw the plane coming in low, and then striking the building. The conspiracy nuts say that professional pilots couldn't even make the moves that the terrorist did with that plane. Utter nonsense. I posted a video of a simulation, showing the plane coming in slow motion, as it knocked over light poles, one of which landed on a taxi cab. All the evidence was precise and overwhelming. That has no affect on conspiracy kooks. Evidence and logic and proof and eye witness accounts are of no interest to people who spend countless hours viewing conspiracy youtube videos that tell them a missile hit the pentagon. That's all they need. They don't feel the need to explain where the missing plane and it's passengers disappeared to.
 
I know someone who was walking a half mile away from the Pentagon and saw the plane coming in low, and then striking the building. The conspiracy nuts say that professional pilots couldn't even make the moves that the terrorist did with that plane. Utter nonsense. I posted a video of a simulation, showing the plane coming in slow motion, as it knocked over light poles, one of which landed on a taxi cab. All the evidence was precise and overwhelming. That has no affect on conspiracy kooks. Evidence and logic and proof and eye witness accounts are of no interest to people who spend countless hours viewing conspiracy youtube videos that tell them a missile hit the pentagon. That's all they need. They don't feel the need to explain where the missing plane and it's passengers disappeared to.

Yeah and the nut jobs who say fire can't melt steel. I can find a whole bunch of foundry workers in Pittsburgh that will disagree.
 
Did you watch both "I Pet Goat" videos? One of them is a weird cg video, but the other shows video of President Bush on 9/11. As we all recall, he was at a school that day. The teacher instructs the children to repeat after her the words "kite, plane, must, hit."

It is not wild or crazy to wonder if your government is telling you the truth or if your government might conspire to do terrible acts of evil. Many other countries have done such in the past. Is it foolish to learn history and to look for similarities in the present?
 
Sorry, I almost forgot to state my theory on 9/11. I would have to say that I do not care one way or the other whether it was caused by planes, bombs, missiles, or mutant metal consuming termites. The fact is that a conspiracy killed many Americans that day.

My theory is that our own government conspired for 9/11 to happen.

My theory is based on reasoning and history. I'm not about to reference a whole bunch of cointel evidence to be debunked. I don't expect our government left any evidence to be found.
 
Sorry, I almost forgot to state my theory on 9/11. I would have to say that I do not care one way or the other whether it was caused by planes, bombs, missiles, or mutant metal consuming termites. The fact is that a conspiracy killed many Americans that day.

My theory is that our own government conspired for 9/11 to happen.

My theory is based on reasoning and history. I'm not about to reference a whole bunch of cointel evidence to be debunked. I don't expect our government left any evidence to be found.

Yeah a conspiracy did happen, a bunch of Muslims conspired to attack the United States using airplanes.
 
Sorry, I almost forgot to state my theory on 9/11. I would have to say that I do not care one way or the other whether it was caused by planes, bombs, missiles, or mutant metal consuming termites. The fact is that a conspiracy killed many Americans that day.

My theory is that our own government conspired for 9/11 to happen.

My theory is based on reasoning and history. I'm not about to reference a whole bunch of cointel evidence to be debunked. I don't expect our government left any evidence to be found.

There isn't a dimes worth of difference between your posts and all other conspiracy posts. Nothing original or even interesting, totally void of evidence to support a disturbed belief. You see, you should care. There were no bombs. not one. There were no missiles. Not one. Arab terrorists pulled off a planned attack. It is that simple and all evidence proves this.

If you believe our government was involved, as you say, then show some evidence. Why is reasoning and history causing you to believe something false? The one thing I promised was that conspiracy kooks never post evidence and they give the most ridiculous reasons. You have been duped by idiots posting youtube videos out of their basements that are easily debunked. There have been dozens of folks exactly like you that have come here hoping to find kooks to share your conspiracies with. Most of them disappear and move to another web site to find a support group that shares their disorder. Maybe you'll run off and maybe you'll dig in your heels and tell us about how Sandy Hook was a staged event or how the moon landing was faked or who really killed JFK. It's all so very boring, yet it is what conspiracy theorists live for and spend most of their waking hours researching, if you call watching kooks on kook web sites research. My advice is always the same. Walk away from this and seek help. Your life can have actual meaning and not be tossed away because of an obsession over government conspiracies.
 
Sorry, I almost forgot to state my theory on 9/11. I would have to say that I do not care one way or the other whether it was caused by planes, bombs, missiles, or mutant metal consuming termites. The fact is that a conspiracy killed many Americans that day.

My theory is that our own government conspired for 9/11 to happen.

My theory is based on reasoning and history. I'm not about to reference a whole bunch of cointel evidence to be debunked. I don't expect our government left any evidence to be found.

the long history of leaders doing the exact same thing in other places should be enough for people to open their eyes. but most dont want to see that.
 
We now have six people who have taken the poll and said yes to; Do you believe 911 was a staged event by our government?

How many of those six people then posted a comment and stated how and why they believed the government staged 9/11? How many of those six people posted evidence? Zero. That's the beauty of being a conspiracy theorist. You can believe anything and you never have to provide evidence. Physicians call it a mental disorder. They say these people have deep personal problems and the are isolated and feel a strong urge to blame the government for everything they feel is wrong in the world, no matter how implausible their theories are.
 
We now have six people who have taken the poll and said yes to; Do you believe 911 was a staged event by our government?

How many of those six people then posted a comment and stated how and why they believed the government staged 9/11? How many of those six people posted evidence? Zero. That's the beauty of being a conspiracy theorist. You can believe anything and you never have to provide evidence. Physicians call it a mental disorder. They say these people have deep personal problems and the are isolated and feel a strong urge to blame the government for everything they feel is wrong in the world, no matter how implausible their theories are.

black flags are real, history proves it, even in US, politicians are almost always corrupt, and they lie about everything, all the way back to rome and beyond. eye witnesses, physical evidence, motive, and on and on . . . . the only thing that does not add up is the official story.
but then again it only makes sense. the world is messed up, in order to conform to the world, you got to be messed up. Paul of Tsarses talked about it all that time ago. and some of us dont want to conform to this world, and we are the ones that look at 911 and see it for what it really is.
 
black flags are real, history proves it, even in US, politicians are almost always corrupt, and they lie about everything, all the way back to rome and beyond. eye witnesses, physical evidence, motive, and on and on . . . . the only thing that does not add up is the official story.
but then again it only makes sense. the world is messed up, in order to conform to the world, you got to be messed up. Paul of Tsarses talked about it all that time ago. and some of us dont want to conform to this world, and we are the ones that look at 911 and see it for what it really is.

Are you able to understand that you just proved my point? You told us black flags are real and then moved on without discussing any black lag event or providing evidence to support your belief. Then you said history proves it. How so? You didn't explain how history proves it. You say that almost all politicians are corrupt. So if I name 20 politicians, you can prove to me that 17 of them are corrupt? How often are you suggesting politicians lie? Once in a while? Occasionally? Nope, you claim they lie about everything. If a politician says the economy is doing bad or that we are at war with Islamic extremists, or that Hillary is leading in current polls, or that the nations debt is increasing, are all of those statements lies? Nope. That makes what you say a lie.

The official story of 9/11 adds up just fine. We have pictures of the terrorists boarding the planes they hijacked. We have people on board the planes making calls and describing how the terrorists took control of the planes. We have evidence showing that the terrorists took flight training lessons. We have many witnesses that saw flight 77 fly into the Pentagon. We have pictures of plane debris on the ground. We have remains of the dead and their possessions. No intelligent person can dispute any of these facts and provide any evidence that it didn't happen like that. Certainly not you.
 
Are you able to understand that you just proved my point? You told us black flags are real and then moved on without discussing any black lag event or providing evidence to support your belief. Then you said history proves it. How so? You didn't explain how history proves it. . . . .

myself and many others here have explained to you these facts many many many many many times. and every time we present a fact you dodge, ignore or run back to your box and hide, but not before you throw out some rude childish name calling.

you have no interest in truth, you dont want to learn, you are just a troll being a troll.
 
Pictures of hijackers, evidence that the planes were really hijacked? No one is arguing that the conspiracy did not occur. The argument is that there is a very real possibility that our government was somehow involved.

The agreement is that there is no evidence to prove this theory. Then you argue that we are just kooks for believing in things unseen. Hello, we're Christians.

I've read some of your other stuff Sinnerman, and you label anyone that believes in a global conspiracy as a kook. In Revelations of Jesus Christ we read that the whole world will be deceived. Global conspiracy is a very real thing.

But you can put your faith and trust in your government and believe everything they tell you.

I put my faith in Jesus Christ, and I do not require any evidence to support my beliefs. God bless you.
 
Pictures of hijackers, evidence that the planes were really hijacked? No one is arguing that the conspiracy did not occur. The argument is that there is a very real possibility that our government was somehow involved.

The agreement is that there is no evidence to prove this theory. Then you argue that we are just kooks for believing in things unseen. Hello, we're Christians.

I've read some of your other stuff Sinnerman, and you label anyone that believes in a global conspiracy as a kook. In Revelations of Jesus Christ we read that the whole world will be deceived. Global conspiracy is a very real thing.

But you can put your faith and trust in your government and believe everything they tell you.

I put my faith in Jesus Christ, and I do not require any evidence to support my beliefs. God bless you.

You had me at "no evidence to prove it".

There is absolutely not a real possibility that our government was involved. You could only argue that most government workers are lazy and unproductive and that because of their laziness, some law enforcement managers working in the FBI, failed to take notice of the terrorists taking flight lessons.

And yes, almost all of the conspiracy folks do argue that the conspiracy you describe between the hijackers and Bin Laden did not occur. They believe our government planted explosives in the WTC buildings and that our government ordered a missile attack against the Pentagon. They even argue that the planes that struck WTC buildings one and two were military aircraft, not commercial airliners. Only a kook can believe such nonsense.

We've got people claiming the earth is flat and there are no satellites. There were never dinosaurs. Commercial airliners are dispersing chemicals into the air (contrails = chem trails). Sandy Hook was staged by actors. Often discovered bones of giants are being hidden by the Smithsonian. WWIII has already begun. The Illuminati control the world. The moon landing never happened. Oswald did not shoot Kennedy. UFO abductions. Rail lines built next to FEMA camp.

There will be more and more conspiracy theories and all of them will come without evidence. You seem to think the earth is flat. Care to explain how that works? Wait, I'm not interested. We've suffered through too many flat earth stories already. Like I've already said, you bring nothing new or interesting to this forum. Just more white noise and fuel for the unstable minds that embrace any conspiracy that suggests the government is the reason their lives are not working out as planned.
 
I stated in another thread that I am a flat earther. I do not believe the earth is flat or spherical, but I like the idea of a flat earth better. I won't know until I gather evidence of my own, but I don't really care one way or the other. Next time I go to Chicago I hope to do a simple experiment to prove which is true, but I'm not really going to go out of my way. Why are you so unwelcoming? I'm sure you know the definition of conspiracy. Our government is evil and conspires to do evil always. All of them do. So unfortunately I can't take the love it or leave it advice because there is nowhere to go that doesn't conspire to do evil. Global conspiracy is real.