Poll: Do "One Taken/Other Left" Verses Refer To Secret Rapture or Second Coming?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do "one taken/other left" verses apply to the Secret Rapture or the Second Coming?

• Total voters
Mar 4, 2020
Please post why you believe it is the one or the other. Thanks :)
Matthew 24:36-41 is talking about what happens when Jesus returns. He refers to Himself here as the Son of Man and it'll be like what happened to the world in the great flood in the days of Noah's Ark.

The reference to "one taken and another left" refers to the wicked and righteous. The following vereses, 45-51 refer to what happens to the wicked when Jesus returns: something along the lines of being cut to pieces. 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10 says He'll return with His angels to inflict vengeance upon those who do not know God or obey the Gospel of Christ.

Those who know God and obey the Gospel of Christ will be saved like how the ark saved the righteous: this is why we must be in Christ. Jesus is comparing Himself to the ark that saved Noah and his family in Matthew 24.

Mark 13:27 says Jesus sends out His angels to gather His elect from the surface of the Earth to the sky above. This is the rapture discussed in numerous passages in the New Testament, but it isn't a "secret."

The Secret Rapture is a false doctrine that Christ returns once to get the church then a second time later. Yet Matthew 13:30 says the tares (wicked) are gathered first and then the wheat (righteous) are gathered second. This dissolves any possibility of a secret rapture of the church.

No one is going anywhere until the second (and only) coming of Christ (Hebrews 9:28).

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
[pre-tribber here (me :) ) ]

The "one taken, the other left" passages are speaking in reference to His Second Coming to the earth (NOT to "our Rapture [IN THE AIR]" timing)

--"as the days of Noah were, SO SHALL ALSO the coming of the Son of man be"--ALL "Son of man cometh / coming / shall come / coming of / etc" passages speak of His Second Coming to the earth time-slot (Rev19)

--"and destroyed them ALL" (Lk17:27,29) is not what takes place following "our Rapture"

--Matt24:36-39 (and parallels), and context, correspond with both Gen9:1 and Dan2:35c which both have the phrases "[actively] FILL / FILLED the [whole] earth"--These will be folks who will be "still-living" [saints] at the time of His Second Coming to the earth, who will ENTER the promised and prophesied earthly Millennial Kingdom-age in their mortal bodies [as the ONLY ONES-->] capable of reproducing/bearing children (just as in Noah's day) [the "saints / righteous / BLESSED" spoken of in a number of passages, like Dan12:12 "BLESSED is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days" and about 8 other "BLESSED" passages, re: same time-slot/circumstances)

--the Matt24 passage parallels Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44,45-48 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding"... THEN the meal [G347]... providing another piece of "timing clues" (that this is NOT "our Rapture" CONTEXT), as well as its references to the "NIGHT WATCHES" (not to mention the v.35 "LAMPS LIT" reference, which speaks to the "IN THE NIGHT" time period)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The Secret Rapture is a false doctrine that Christ returns once to get the church then a second time later.
Biblically speaking, Jesus "RETURNS" only ONCE.

[pre-tribbers are in full agreement with that statement]

I provided a Scripture reference to this in my preceding post (Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding"... THEN the meal [G347]).

[there's also "RETURN" in Lk19:12,15,17,19--BOTH of these "RETURN" passages are speaking in reference to His Second Coming to the earth Rev19 (NOT "our Rapture [IN THE AIR]"); IOW, He only "RETURNS" to the earth ONCE!--not two distinct times, as you suggest we say]

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Neither.....God is all about LOVE and INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP.

One "taken" and another "left"....simply means....God is choosing those that LOVE Him and KNOW Him. We are the wheat among the tares.

If you were God, who would you want to spend eternity with? Who would you want to marry as the Bridegroom coming for Your Bride? Those that love you and know you or those that don't....who would you take and who would you leave behind? :unsure::love:(y)

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
P.S. My vote was written in my Post #3 ["Second Coming to the earth" time-slot--check!],

...rather than voting in the Poll

(just thought you may want to keep that in mind when tallying up the totals for your conclusion :) )

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
A P.S. to my P.S. (lol):

in the other thread, when you mentioned perhaps taking such a poll, I was under the impression that (maybe) you were wanting to inquire amongst those holding the "pre-trib" viewpoint (so you could see "how many" PRE-tribbers thought of this passage in a certain way... no??)

Just wondering... thought that's what you were wanting to know, when you first expressed interest in finding out such a thing (via a "poll").

Maybe you changed your mind, and now are wanting to hear from any and all "perspectives"/"viewpoints[-re:-rapture-timing-in-relation-to-this-text (or NOT :) )]. Fine, if so. = )

@Phoneman-777

...again, just was wondering... = )

[if this is not pertinent, please disregard :D ]

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Please post why you believe it is the one or the other. Thanks
At the Second Coming no one is either taken or left. The first event is the Battle of Armageddon as described in Revelation 19. And there is total destruction.

19 And I saw the beast [the Antichrist], and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him that sat on the horse, and against His army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

This results in a river of blood 200 miles long and 5 feet deep. The slaughter at Armageddon is unbelievable.

Aug 3, 2019
Neither.....God is all about LOVE and INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP.

One "taken" and another "left"....simply means....God is choosing those that LOVE Him and KNOW Him. We are the wheat among the tares.

If you were God, who would you want to spend eternity with? Who would you want to marry as the Bridegroom coming for Your Bride? Those that love you and know you or those that don't....who would you take and who would you leave behind? :unsure::love:(y)
So, are you saying that those verses are happening in real time and have been throughout history?

Aug 3, 2019
At the Second Coming no one is either taken or left. The first event is the Battle of Armageddon as described in Revelation 19. And there is total destruction.

19 And I saw the beast [the Antichrist], and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him that sat on the horse, and against His army.
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

This results in a river of blood 200 miles long and 5 feet deep. The slaughter at Armageddon is unbelievable.
I'm a huge proponent of Revelation as being given in symbolism, seeing that Jesus "sent and signified it", in which "signified" is another way of saying "sign-i-fied" or "given in signs". The symbolism, therefore, must be interpreted.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

The one taken one left is set in the context of the second coming. That is when the rapture happens and Christ mentioned these happen immediately after the tribulation of those days. There is no "secret rapture" and it doesn't happen before or during the Great Tribulation.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I'm a huge proponent of Revelation as being given in symbolism...
The symbolism in Revelation must never be taken as a sign to dismiss the realities presented in that book (which are all backed up by Old Testament prophecies).

The Battle of Armageddon is indeed a very significant future battle which will be just outside Jerusalem on the plains of Megiddo. Hence "Har-megidon" or Armageddon.

REVELATION 16: THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty... 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

"In Rev. 16:16 the scene of a the struggle of good and evil is suggested by that battle plain of Esdraelon, which was famous for two great victories, of Barak over the Canaanites, and of Gideon over the Midianites; and for two great disasters, the deaths of Saul and Josiah. Hence in Revelation a place of great slaughter, the scene of a terrible retribution upon the wicked. The RSV translates the name as Har-Magedon, i.e. the hill (as Ar is the city) of Megiddo. "

There is more insight into this battle and its aftermath in Revelation 14:19,20:
And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

This is that river of blood 200 miles long and about 5 feet deep. And the flesh of those who are slain is all eaten up by the birds of prey summoned by God to this feast (rev 19:17,18): And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Feb 21, 2021
I voted Second Coming on the assumption this refers to the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ at the first resurrection of the 144,000 as it is written in the book of the Revelation of John the Beloved Apostle of Jesus.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I voted Second Coming on the assumption this refers to the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ at the first resurrection of the 144,000 as it is written in the book of the Revelation of John the Beloved Apostle of Jesus.
There Is "One" Future Resurrection Of "All", This Takes Place On "The Last Day" At The Time Of "Final Judgement"

(The Last Day Resurrection, Judgement)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(The Last Day Resurrection)

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:23-24KJV
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

(The Last Day Judgement)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Please post why you believe it is the one or the other. Thanks :)
The main scripture used by supporters of the (Pre-Trib Rapture) is 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, this is nothing more than the (Second Coming) (Last Day Resurrection), not a Pre-Trib rapture, dont be deceived!

1. Is a resurrection of the believer seen in 1 Thess 4:15-17 below, 100% yes!

2. Does this resurrection take place on the (Last Day) as Jesus Christ taught below in John 6:39-40, 11:23-24, 100% yes!

3. Is the (Last Day) the time of final judgement as Jesus Christ taught in John 12:48 below, 100% yes!

Many deny the truth of Gods words below, that are simple, clear, and very easy to understand.

(THE SECOND COMING, LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17KJV
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

(THE LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

(THE LAST DAY JUDGEMENT)

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Feb 21, 2021
There Is "One" Future Resurrection Of "All", This Takes Place On "The Last Day" At The Time Of "Final Judgement"

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(The Last Day Judgement)

No, there are two. That which you speak of is indeed real but comes later in the book of the Revelation at the climax moment called Apocalypse when the Father's glorious and ineffable face is Revealed and all of creation from the earth, to heaven, to hell are wiped by fire at the brightness and glory of His coming.

That First Resurrection (Blessed is he whom attains it) it is written is to herald this event, paralleling it when the Lord Jesus, being the Word of God was born to the virgin by the Holy Spirit of God, lived and ministered and showed many good signs of the Father, was crucified by the High Authorities and Principalities of the World for being the Son of God, was resurrected by the Word of God and showed himself to his holy Apostles and other Disciples, and ascended back into Heaven to prepare the Kingdom for the great and terrible day when he shall return at the right hand of power calling up those 144,000 whom are written about to bind that old dragon Satan and judge the whole earth and that wicked last generation that be cursed in everyway being part of the wicked kingdom Mystery Babylon, that kingdom of sluts and pagans for 1000 years.

After these 1000 years that old serpent whose names are Satan and Devil is let loose again to draw all the heathens to Israel and fight the camp of the saints and angels and Lord Jesus, and utterly lose and be slain and thrown into the Lake of Fire forever. Then after the final battle indeed is the moment we all look forwards to, the Revealing of the Father's glorious face and the second resurrection that all good and evil alike might bow their knees and confess with their tongues that He is God, the judgement day and the eternal reign of God's Kingdom forever and ever praising Jesus.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
No, there are two. That which you speak of is indeed real but comes later in the book of the Revelation at the climax moment called Apocalypse when the Father's glorious and ineffable face is Revealed and all of creation from the earth, to heaven, to hell are wiped by fire at the brightness and glory of His coming.

That First Resurrection (Blessed is he whom attains it) it is written is to herald this event, paralleling it when the Lord Jesus, being the Word of God was born to the virgin by the Holy Spirit of God, lived and ministered and showed many good signs of the Father, was crucified by the High Authorities and Principalities of the World for being the Son of God, was resurrected by the Word of God and showed himself to his holy Apostles and other Disciples, and ascended back into Heaven to prepare the Kingdom for the great and terrible day when he shall return at the right hand of power calling up those 144,000 whom are written about to bind that old dragon Satan and judge the whole earth and that wicked last generation that be cursed in everyway being part of the wicked kingdom Mystery Babylon, that kingdom of sluts and pagans for 1000 years.

After these 1000 years that old serpent whose names are Satan and Devil is let loose again to draw all the heathens to Israel and fight the camp of the saints and angels and Lord Jesus, and utterly lose and be slain and thrown into the Lake of Fire forever. Then after the final battle indeed is the moment we all look forwards to, the Revealing of the Father's glorious face and the second resurrection that all good and evil alike might bow their knees and confess with their tongues that He is God, the judgement day and the eternal reign of God's Kingdom forever and ever praising Jesus.
We Will Disagree, One Future Time On The Last Day, Two Resurrections, The Righteous, The Wicked, Simple :)

The Second Coming Is The Last Day Resurrection And Judgement, And "All" That Are In The Graves Will Come Forth, Eternal Life, Eternal Damnation.

29 And shall come forth;

(The Last Day Judgement)

Feb 21, 2021
We Will Disagree, One Future Time On The Last Day, Two Resurrections, The Righteous, The Wicked, Simple :)

The Second Coming Is The Last Day Resurrection And Judgement, And "All" That Are In The Graves Will Come Forth, Eternal Life, Eternal Damnation.

29 And shall come forth;

(The Last Day Judgement)

Let then fulfillment of the prophesy of this chapter which I have failed to summarize be what I mean by the Second Coming of Lord Jesus Christ which is my vote in the Poll of the Topic. Also for the conversation between me and you; a handy chapter detailing bluntly the First Resurrection, the 1000 years reign, the Final Battle, the climactic moment of the Apocalypse of the Father's face, the second resurrection, the judgement day. May it happen in the name of Jesus and I have no more to post nor say upon this Topic, amen.

The Book of Revelation Chapter 20 From the King James Version
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Let then fulfillment of the prophesy of this chapter which I have failed to summarize be what I mean by the Second Coming of Lord Jesus Christ which is my vote in the Poll of the Topic. Also for the conversation between me and you; a handy chapter detailing bluntly the First Resurrection, the 1000 years reign, the Final Battle, the climactic moment of the Apocalypse of the Father's face, the second resurrection, the judgement day. May it happen in the name of Jesus and I have no more to post nor say upon this Topic, amen.

The Book of Revelation Chapter 20 From the King James Version
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
There Won't Be A 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, When Jesus Christ Appears, Reveals, In The Second Coming, It's Fire Time!

The Earth Is Burned At His Presence, Yea, The World, And All That Dwell Therein.

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation.

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ!

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved
, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire
taking vengeance on them that know not God
, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Revelation 20:9KJV