POLL: Would you pray for a rich celebrity who seems to have it all?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would you pray for a rich celebrity who seems to have it all?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • You must be kidding!

• other (explain)

• Total voters

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I intentionally shy away from reading anything about celebrities or keeping up with them. To some degree a lot of them disgust me.
I recognize that this is the wrong attitude, but i almost feel like there beyond prayer.
I have felt this way too. Many disgust me as well. I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to be famous. My Nephew is starting college in the fall he wants to make films, write, direct and produce. I secretly hope he changes his mind. That business seems so hard to get into plus if he did get famous I wouldn't want it screwing him up.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I have felt this way too. Many disgust me as well. I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to be famous. My Nephew is starting college in the fall he wants to make films, write, direct and produce. I secretly hope he changes his mind. That business seems so hard to get into plus if he did get famous I wouldn't want it screwing him up.
You never know, Fenner -- it could go the opposite way, too. God could be calling your nephew into a field that needs to see Christian examples... and maybe he might stumble along the way, but he might help several others in the process. Just a thought, as I've met many Christians who love things like film, acting, theater, and singing and would welcome the chance to "make it big". It might be something God has put on their hearts.

I'm not particularly fond of most celebs but I do admire that God can still use them no matter what. I like that Angelina Jolie and several others have brought attention to international adoption, and I think it's awesome that she's brought attention to women's health (as I've known several women with breast cancer.)

I also read about a famous Korean actress who adopted a daughter--this is really groundbreaking because such a thing is considered to be very taboo over there.

I truly believe God puts these things on famous people's hearts with the intention of breaking social stigmas, but that's just me. I know if I would have been young/famous at a young age, I would have gone crazier than most any of them, so for myself, I can't judge.

I always thank my Dad for waiting until I was an adult to become a pastor because if I would have grown up as a pastor's kid, I would have truly gone off the deep end (I would have hated living in a fish bowl and having to put up with people's expectations and criticisms.) And if you would have added unlimited funds on top of that???

Talk about a Girl Gone Wild!!!

J

Jullianna

Before I came along my mom was a backup singer for a lot of big country artists. She said it was a terrible life. She did everything she could to discourage me from becoming a secular singer.

It is not impossible, clearly. There are a lot of celebs who lead decent lives, even as Christians, but it must be very difficult.

A

arwen83

I wouldn't pray that they would get more rich :p I've never prayed for a celebrity before.