Pondering

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saved502
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Saved502

Guest
Why is it that no two Christians can even agree on the simplest things and everything has to be debated? You would think there would be some civility and some sense of brotherhood but there's not. Not even in Christian forums. No wonder the non-Christian world see us as delusional. Instead of trying to beat someone into submission because they don't think the same as you, you should try looking at yourself. For there may lie the problem.
 
Why cant they? ... Because of pride, and the fruit that it produces.
 
That isn't really true, 2 Christians can. Just not on this forum or chatroom. This is a gather of different denominations and belief systems. I never realized how fractured the christian world is until i stepped outside of the denomination i was in. What i grew up in we all believed pretty close to the same, could go rallies and gatherings of thousands and we still all agree and be in one accord. But this forum is open to the entire world. When you consider all the different belief systems in the world it isn't surprising that so few agree on here.
 
That is kind of the point I was trying to make. I just don't understand why the word of God has caused so much division. There need to be unity in the Word. The constant bickering and infighting is so unchristian and sad.
 
I find there are different levels of Christian discipline or obedience to the Word.... and appreciation for the Grace we all have received.

For instance, we all know we are sinners saved by the sacrifice made by Jesus. Some of our sin is light and some may be more serious. Let's say I becomes saved today but I have an issue with littering. I can make a conscious effort to recognize this sin and work to stop. Or, like I see often, is the attitude that "Oh well, I'm forgiven anyway." It's like taking the Grace and Mercy we receive for granted.

On the other hand, there are Christians that are always striving the be like Jesus and want to show their appreciation by being accountable for their sins after being Saved. Obviously, with the mindset of knowing we will always sin while here on earth.
 
Saved502;bt20749 said:
That is kind of the point I was trying to make. I just don't understand why the word of God has caused so much division. There need to be unity in the Word. The constant bickering and infighting is so unchristian and sad.

It is. Tell me, do you think all this division is because of differing hermeneutics, that is to say, different interpretations of the same Scripture? Because if there is to be unity in the Word, there must also be unity in how the Word is interpreted.
 
Yes. That seems to be the case. I can only speak from my short experience of growing up Catholic, stepping away from my Faith for 20 years and three years ago being Saved. I then joined an American Baptist Church. Needless to say, the Catholic and Baptist interpretations are slightly different. I can't speak for other denominations.